main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Young Jedi arc has actually been rather good so far..

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Then Gungi would rip her arms off if Ahsoka didn't take him :D

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Seems like Ahsoka has tons of patience these days. Just stands around with her arms crossed.

Because Anakin worked out so well? Petro would probably be a bit more dynamic than the other younglings although Katooni has more of a character arc going.

We'll just chill out and play some loud metal in our corner.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sweeetttttt. It isn't loud enough till my ears start bleeding. :D

Seerow likes this.
  4. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I meant Ahsoka and Anakin as Padawan/Master. Ahsoka seems to have come along quite well.

Now watch Dave prove me wrong.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ahsoka certainly seems all grown up and like a proper Jedi now. Despite the love triangle bullcrap she was also very mature in Onderon.

6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    She must be sneaking off with Kenobi for "Proper Jedi lessons" while Anakin is with Padme...

atouchofanarchy and Valairy Scot like this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You don't think so?

8. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Was that a question or sarcasm? I left my sarcasm meter by the coffee. :p

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Q: Do you think she has become a proper jedi?

10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Mostly, though I think Onderon showed she still has a ways to go. She seems more like Obi-Wan's padawan rather than Anakin's now. I wonder if she'll adopt Kenobi's beard stroke too..

I didn't pay enough attention in seasons 3 and 4 to see the progression. (Was there any, other than the super-padawan stuff?)

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ahsoka seems a great deal more mature to me the way she was holding back and just guiding the rebels. She has some 'omg onoz' moments with Lux and Steela but she got over it. Then come this arc she is a perfectly calm mentor. Sure she got captured. In season 4 she was toned down while being decidedly more lethal. She has definitely grown up although its unfortunately made her more boring. I kinda miss the snarky bratty Ahsoka and I can't believe I'm saying that.

12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I miss that too. She and Anakin seemed to have a better brother/sister thing going then too. I wonder if Barriss acted out as much as Ahsoka in the early days...
    Star Wars just isn't SW with out a whiny/bratty Jedi. (Luke, Anakin, Ahsoka...) :D

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I doubt it. So, what would be the best way to reuse any of the kids? Where is Hondo now? Although this arc is getting rave reviews. Anyone else feel like there are things that could be improved in the "Young Jedi" arc?

14. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd like to see them become padawans, beyond that, I don't know how they'd use them for anything other than for cameos.

Probably looting someone while he waits for Grievous to leave.

The pacing seemed pretty slow in The Gathering. I think I would have left the "the force will choose your crystal" stuff out and have Yoda do the talking rather than Ahsoka. I don't think I'd change the others.

15. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I tend to think if she's sneaking off with anybody for proper lessons, it's probably Plo Koon.

Seerow likes this.
  16. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder if we'll see Anakin and Plo competing over Ahsoka and how she's trained in future episodes..

Seerow and SenatorKelberry like this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    - Padawans obviously makes the most sense, far as I know. Don't hurt me, I'm not very smart with that stuff. They could follow up with Katooni leaving the order.
    Or, heh, my unfortunate theory the kids will die in the temple attack coming up this season and somehow Ahsoka will get framed for it leading to the fugitive thing. How heart breaking. x.x; ...and extremely unlikely. =b

- I'm gonna guess that with the base smashed and Hondo gone Grievous retreats. Some time will pass off screen and Hondo will return. I wonder if in the end he'll move his pirate empire or whatever off Florrum. Seems like he's at risk of a 2nd attack there. Dooku wants him dead right?

- "The Gathering" was a bit boring. I also wish it would have been a better job delivering the moral lessons with Petro leaving Katooni even if it was just for 10 seconds. One of my main improvements would really be to put the other younglings on a bus and give the floor to those two for the arc.

Really interesting, Plo Koon is already shown to be undermining Anakin's lessons. Remember in "Lethal Track" down how it kinda beats Ahsoka down when Plo is dissapointed in her 'subtlety'? I guess sometime after that fail at the beginning of "A Friend in Need" Plo got around to learning her that lesson. She is better at it in Onderon.

The idea of Plo actively contradicting Anakin, particularly to his face would be a great way to help open that chasm between him and the Council. Its easy for me to imagine Plo is something like a second master. In the Citadel Arc when Anakin tells her no Ashoka goes to Plo almost like a kid would go to another parent when one tell him/her 'no'. I like that idea. I've always figured Plo is the most likely candidate if Ahsoka is ever reassigned. Really they need to come back and give the two another few episodes together.

18. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    Well Obi-Wan did refer to Ahsoka as "our Padawan" whilst speaking to Anakin and not "your Padawan", so perhaps her sneaking off for proper Jedi lessons is actually more truthful than we may think. [face_laugh]

Seerow likes this.
  19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Given how much Dave loves both, I'm sure we'll see them together again at some point in the show.

[face_laugh] True.. There's gotta be at least 5 fanfics already dedicated to this..

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If there isn't any fanfics out there already about it, there probably is now :p

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lord, the fan art. x.x;

22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    MY EYES!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Probably drawn by the same people who post all the [face_sick] Ahsoka crap on DeviantART. [face_sick][face_sick][face_sick]

Seerow likes this.
  23. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    After seeing all the episodes from this arc it is the best arc of the season so far. I liked How Grievous was used during this arc he destroyed a republic fleet and he damaged Hondo's forces. Grievous and Ahsoka's fight was enjoyable. I liked the Ishi Tib pirate and it was nice to see Gwarm again. I would have liked Grievous to have killed Gwarm as it would have been big deal for Hondo and would have made him regret messing with the CIS.
    I liked the diversity of the younglings. I wonder if we will see any of them again?

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dangerous ground we're treading on here.

I'm not so sure how much it would have hurt Hondo if Gwarm was killed. Hondo being a pirate that is. He seems great to his men but he'd probably just replace the dude.

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.