main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Jon Favreau and David Fincher Pursuing 'Star Wars'

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 30, 2012.

1. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    I think Favreau would do a good job. He has voiced Pre Vizsla in TCW, so that's a pretty good sign that he understands Star Wars and stuff.

2. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I just want to say that Johnston did a great job with Jurassic Park 3. I think that was a fun movie, and way better than The Lost World. Also, this may be crazy, but I think that the screen-writer is just as important (and maybe more important) as the director, in terms of turning out a good movie. You can have a competent director make a great movie, with the right script, but even a great director can't make a good movie out of a crappy story. Whedon wrote the screenplay for The Avengers AND directed the movie, so I do believe that he deserves the praise he gets :). As for Favreau, I quite enjoyed Cowboys and Aliens...it wasn't great, but it was good :) And Iron Man 2 is way underrated.

3. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Firefly was actually the only product of Joss Whedon I ever liked (before the Avengers). Mostly because it was fun with some interesting ideas. It was canceled prematurely so who knows what would have come out of it.

4. Varguitas

Nov 20, 2012
    What about Cad Bane? [​IMG]

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Boba's mostly taken from the Dollars Trilogy, also. If you listen, there's a clanking-spurs sound effect whenever he walks in Empire. As Boba does not ride a horse and you presumably don't spur speeder bikes :p, it's an obvious nod to where he's from.

Cad is more or less taken directly from Lee Van Cleef's character in the same trilogy.

[​IMG]

yodasbum likes this.
  6. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    The OT was all about exciting adventure, fun and courage! The PT was all about politics, moaning, whining, selfeshness and boredom!

7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    And Fox certainly didn't do it any favors.

8. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Also I hope Boba Fett gets his original threatening voice back, should he appear in the ST or his own spin off!

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't really pay much attention to EU but yes, Cad Bane is an obvious homage to western anti-heroes. Having 2 or 3 characters that are from western mysthology does not a western make. Otherwise, how the heck do you explain Knights and Princesses?

10. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Firefly suffered from JW's Han Solo fixation and poor lead actor casting!

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. Varguitas

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, it's not neccesarily a Western, but it is inspired by those things, like also the Cantina in Episode 4?

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I know it is. If you read my posts you'd see that SW draws on all kinds of mythology. I never denied that. I denied that it was a "western in space." Firefly was a stright-up western in space that did not draw on all kinds of myth. Big difference.

13. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    He did ruin it because he's the one that made people think that the Xenomorph in Alien 3 looked different because it gestated inside a dog. In the original script, that Xenomorph gestated inside an ox and the reason why it looked different was because the Facehugger that implanted it detected a Queen Embryo in the vicinity so it implanted a Royal Soldier egg inside the ox instead of a warrior egg. Fincher was the one who decided to go off script and put it in a dog and make it look like a dog. It's because of him that we have Predaliens and stupid crap like that. Therefore, he's the one that ruined Aliens. QED.

So what's to keep him from going off script in Star Wars and making changes like, I dunno, changing how the Force works or taking a page from The Old Republic trailers and have Jedi block lightsabers with their hands or do Hadouken. Jedi don't do Hadouken. >_<

14. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Outlaw Star is awesome. Definitely see it.

EDIT: But see Serenity first, you crazy person. :p

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Why do you think Vaughn is?

16. Varguitas

Nov 20, 2012
    A hateboy has invaded.

17. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I guess it depends on the tone they're going for - if they want ROTS/ESB then hire Fincher, he does dark very well.

Also Alien 3 isn't really his fault - watch Wreckage and Rape: The Making of Alien 3.

DarthBoba likes this.
  18. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    Please let it be Fincher. A fincher SW movie would look a lot like ANH. Very darkly lit. Oh please, oh please, oh please let it be Fincher.

19. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Because I felt Stardust and First Class were closer to the OT than anything Fincher has done that I've seen.
    Fincher did work on ROTJ, so that's a plus.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  20. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Seriously??? :oops:

21. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    David Fincher is one of the best directors working. Can't believe people would be negative about the prospects of him being in discussions. Alien 3 was his first film and was a long long time ago.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, it's true. They don't do Hadouken.

23. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    I was referring to block lightsabers.

24. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    They can't do that either.

25. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    LOL I agree with you. I just can't believe the TOR people went with something like that. I have to admit, I haven't seen any of the trailers but a lot of people seem to be gaga over them.