main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That's right! I remember Lucas talking about how the PT was going to have an "evil mother"-type character, to contrast with the OT's "evil father." I guess that character was the Sith witch who got replaced by Dooku (one of the designs for her later ended up in the "Clone Wars" as Asajj Ventress). But given that Lucas often recycles ideas that for some reason didn't make it into the final movie, you may very well be right and we might get an evil woman.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Make the villain something non-force related that threatens the galaxy to the point where the Jedi and the Sith have to work together somehow. That's just one idea.

3. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    The Force is the ultimate power in the universe so only someone who can use the Force would be strong enough to be a bad guy suitable for the Jedi to fight against. Maybe a young Jedi taught in the ways of the Force discovers the Dark Side and turns to it and...wait, we had that already. Maybe a droid that could use the Force would be cool. Kind of like Grevious with four arms but he would have to actually know how to use the Force. Wait, that would require Midichlorians whcih would require the droid to be part person which would make that person a cyborg. A Force-wielding cyborg! Wait, we had that already too. this is hard!

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Thrawn Trilogy had the Force-user as minion to the very smart non-Force user. That's one way of handling it.

The Vong series made them immune to direct manipulation with the Force (but could still be hit with thrown rocks and so forth).

There's others.

5. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm talking movies, not EU books...I have read books and I know there are things that negate the Force in books so unless they go that route...

6. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I kinda want to see him just for the novelty of it.

7. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Two reasons you might have thracen
    1. Fuel family conflicts
    2.george might want to continue using parallels between trilogies. both trilogies involved a civil war. corellia is one planet that would lead a civil war

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    As much as I want it to be Thrawn I think there has to be some kind of force user in play. Even if its just the remnants of the Empire teaming up with a young bad guy that's a untapped Sith. Maybe just a force user that hasn't honed it's powers but has a beef with Skywalker?

9. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I'd like to have a Thrawn-like mastermind. With a hothead dark force user minion. And an army of awesome warrior guys.

10. O66

O66 Jedi Master

May 18, 2005
    So this thread has forced me to unlurk.

Personally having seen 1 or 2 Jedi against 1 or 2 Sith in the OT then hundreds of Jedi against 1 or 2 Sith in the PT I think there is one way to go in the ST - 1 or 2 Jedi against hundreds of Sith...

So how could that happen? I think having seen what happened to his father (and perhaps knowing how tempted he himself was) Luke will not reinstate the Jedis. He will have a son however, maybe of around 15/16 who clearly has jedi skills but isnt trained. So yes there is the rule that there are only ever two Sith - but I like the idea that the Emperor was training up a load of 'darkside' jedi to take Vader's place should he need it (and there is reason to believe he would have done this - it is what he appear to do in the PT afterall). I see these dark Jedi being unorganised after the fall of the Empire, maybe fighting against each other as well as the good side, until they are brought together by one, all powerful Sith Lord. So I'd see it as follows:

Ep 7 - Various Sith causing trouble but one major threat with a powerful Sith Lord controling one or two others who are killed by Luke/his untrained son.
    Ep 8 - The Sith Lord has control over hundreds of Sith, Luke is forced to train his son. Again the good side manage to defeat the immediate threat but Luke is killed by the Sith Lord and we are left in a dark world with the Sith taking control.
    Ep 9 - Luke's son and a bunch of cuddly teddy bears defeat the Sith Lord and happiness returns to the galaxy ;)

OK Ep 9 isnt very well thought out but you get the idea - we have one mega powerful (fighting) Sith who lasts until the end, plenty of opportunity to introduce badass Sith to star in future movies and by the end of the trilogy we have moved on from Luke's generation to his son who can go on to reform the Jedi order creating plenty of room for further movies/spin offs. The one major element missing that is huge in the other trilogies is the transition from good to bad - but I kinda think that's been done to death in the first 6 movies so time to move on (for now).

11. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    The novel JEDI CHICKS had Princess Polly Palpitine the Sith Witch and her body Guard Darth Vada and apprentice Darth Molly

[​IMG]

12. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I like this idea but I doubt they'll go that route. Another member of the Skywalker family who falls to the dark side and needs to be killed or redeemed? A bit too predictable and we know that Lucas likes to shock the viewers. KOTOR I had actually a great twist that might have worked in the movies, but, again, they need an original idea.

I hope for an Old Republic miniseries one day :)

13. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Several people have mentioned the idea of Plagueis in Eps 7-9, and after working on a post ROTJ fanfiction story, I wondered how it would work.

Now I'm only about halfway through the Plagueis book, but it seems like he would take a completely different approach than Sidious. It seems that Plagueis has only two real goals; prolong his life and destroy the Jedi. If that's the case, what reason would he have for returning and especially taking over the Empire following Palpatine's death? He doesn't seem to want power, and he's a scientist, not a politician.

The only idea I can think of is that he is continuing to search for the secrets of living forever, and by secretly playing both sides of the Galactic Civil War (which even Palpy didn't know), he distracts the rest of the galaxy.

Any other thoughts and ideas about this?

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Plagueis was dead long before ROTS was he not?

I don't think the ST will have anyting to do with him.

Sitara and DarthMateous like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Plagueis is dead. Palpatine is dead. Vader is dead. The Sith are gone. They shouldn't come back.

16. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Thankfully! We really need some fresh characters and imagination!

And the Jedi should be more interesting and relatable to the audience!

Oh and less of them! I don't want too many Jedi at all!

agentkrycek and Echo-07 like this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    And a wealthy banker :)

Anyway, if you're only halfway, I really shouldn't give anything of the rest of the book away. That said, I for one just don't see him return. He's dead—Palpatine killed him in his sleep. It's all the way in the beginning of the book.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Amen!

Thus far I've read that every dead character is set to return -- Plagueis, Sidious, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Darth Maul . . . it's a BIG galaxy folks!

V-2 and Count Yubnub like this.
  19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want any villains resurrected.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    More resurrection ideas, how unoriginal.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Agreed! Although it's not inconceivable for Boba Fett to have escaped the Sarlaac, considering his armoury. Although he would be well old, perhaps with a trained up kid. And if so I hope he would have his original menacing voice. Some new villains who will keep their mystique, njot everyone needs a back story!

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Having read many of your posts today, I have to ask: is the period broken on your keyboard or do you just have the hots for exclamation points?

FRAGWAGON and krtmd like this.
  23. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    While I do think that Darth Plagueis is a great villain (he'd have to be to have trained Darth Sidious), and I have proposed the idea, I don't think he will appear in the Sequel Trilogy. I disagree with the notion that Darth Plagueis would not qualify as a fresh idea, but it doesn't really matter because he won't be appearing in the ST--unless it is in holocron form.

I do think the best bad guys in the SWU are the Sith, and the RoT is the best variant of the Sith. Since Anakin destroyed the Sith, were they to return in the ST, it would have to be in one of two ways A.) Someone trying to start them again; a fallen former student of Luke's, or B.) A secret apprentice of Darth Sidious' comes out of the shadows. Beyond that my imagination fails me at the moment.

24. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    The hots man, the hots!
    [face_blush]

25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    The only thing we know about Plaguies comes from Palpatine, not exactly the most trustworthy source of information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.