main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Captain Rex thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Krell never became a Seperatists. He was all about; me, myself, and I. Putting himself on whatever side would give him power to keep himself alive, gain power, and maybe even continuing to serve the Galaxy since he apparently dissagreed with the republic's methods.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I disagree.

This is in no way contrary to being a Separatist. I'd argue that it's actually fitting.

That side happened to be Dooku's side, the side of the Separatists.

You're kinda contradicting yourself here, at least from my pov.

My point was that Krell should have been a recurring Republic not-so-good-guy, a different kind of Jedi General, instead of another traitor so he could be conveniently disposed of. He had so much more potential, so much more use in him. None of the Jedi Generals we've seen have been anything like Krell, I would have liked it if they kept him around (as a legitimate Jedi General, not eeeeeeevil).

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, it's true, Krell never became a Separatist and he never joined them

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    From your point of view.

From my point of view, he betrayed the Republic and sabotaged their war efforts because he believed in a "New Order", a new order being lead by Dooku, who he was on his way to joining presumably after escaping Umbara. He aided the Separatists on his way to joining them, just because he never made it to the official induction ceremony doesn't mean he wasn't one of them.

I mean, if he looks like a Separatist, acts like a Separatist, aids the Separatists and talks about joining the Separatists, he's probably a Separatist.

You guys are focusing on the tiniest distinction and ignoring the whole. And again, whether or not Krell was actually a Separatist isn't important to my point. Since it's off topic and I've said this all before, I'm done with this line of discussion.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Krell could have been fantastic as a fanatic general willing to throw troops against the wall for victory and allowed to do so because these tactics worked. Instead, he was a moustache-twirling outright traitor with no complexity. The arc may have done a lot for the clones, but it really dropped the ball on Krell.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Krell just didn't need much complexity. He did his job. He is the only character to really come along and show the Republic and Jedi order for that matter has its own problems.

Krell was a TCW villain after all. TCW is pretty black and white with this. Its just like how Separatists equal evil and Republic equal good rarely without question in the show. So yeah he sounds like them. He would of made a good evil minion.

"I serve no one side, only my own." and Krell never quite made it to Dooku's side. Would he even have accepted Krell? A Jedi run off into the darkness by clones? He never quite made it to be a legit Separatist.

I'm not contridicting myself at all from how I see it. I'm not talking about how Krell might have been. I like Krell just fine as he is. He was meant to be a bigot bastard toward to clones so they would go into 'uncharted territory". Krell actually did a good job showing that there is evil on the side of the Republic and even within the Jedi order even if he turned out to be a traitor. According to Fives this guy has been burning clones up for a while and who knows what other crap he did. Did the Jedi Council really never know or suspect anything about Krell? Was that a sign of how their ability to use the force to sense things had lessened? There could have been other war crimes by Krell that were swept under the table.

I'd still like to see a Jedi in the future desert for the C.I.S. but not with malicious intent. I don't want him to be like an evil baby kicking bastard. I want him to have a more selfless and personal reason to stand against the Republic and his old buddies.

QuangoFett likes this.
  7. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Captain Rex thread? Where?

Oh. I thought this was the Pong Krell or Dogma thread from what I read here..

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Discussion of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Luke must be excised from any Anakin threads in existence. :p

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dogma and Krell are big components of Rex's character development so its find to talk about them to an extent in the Rex Thread... ok... I guess the fun is over. Does anyone have anything they would like to say about Captain Rex?

I'll start off with Rex is a total badass. I <3 Rex.

laloga likes this.
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    NOW ME:

I love Rex from S1 and S2... he was amazing in those seasons.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I love Rex more now. I'm sorry to say a major highlight of the new episode was his (and Cody! ^_^) cameo in the news reel. I miss you Rex. -squeezes Rex plushy.-

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    You'll see him again in the Clovis Arc

Seerow likes this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Awwwwweee...

I hope we don't. Later - fine.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan but we will, he is seen fighting in the S5 trailer and it's probably part of the Clovis Arc ;)

Seerow likes this.
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    We have seen fighting from him but nobody has shown proof that this clip or two are part of the arc.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I think he is, he won't be in the Maul Arc, and he might be in the Season Finale Arc, Clovis Arc, most likely cause anakin is there, and whenever you see Anakin, you'll most likely see Rex too :D

Seerow likes this.
  17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    We will see. Time will tell. Screw Anakin... I would love to see Rex but not Anakin. LOL

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    This show would suck with Tikkes ;) jk

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully your right.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL

You know what I mean. Anakin will have his day but Rex and other clones deserve more time and TIKKES also. ;)

Anakin will own in the Clovis arc.

Seerow and Darth Vader like this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I know Anakin will own, and it's always great to see Rex and clones

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The news reel reminded me of how sweet a Rex and Cody arc would be. We still need to catch up with Cody following Umbara. His men were in the friendly fire incident and what would he think of Rex going into uncharted territory?

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be interesting to see another Umbara but in the eyes of Cody and 212th

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be interesting to see another Ryloth with only 212th.

More development for Cody.

Seerow likes this.
  25. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    I really don't see how Rex is less badass now than he was in the first seasons of the show.

Developing a character makes them less badass? Doesn't make sense to me.