main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    That's the thing, there is only R2 this time around... will anyone care if all the other droids get crunched? I won't.
    I expect them to shine the right light on Gregor, but if they fall flat and he comes across as poorly written... it will be a long and boring 88 minute run. I've been looking forward to seeing Gregor in action since the teaser, so I hope they do well by him.

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I wonder why R4-P17 isn't in D-Squad?

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You know, one of my favorite parts of TPM is when the droids are getting blown off the ship. There's something just so funny about seeing the droids knocked off that makes me laugh every time.

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    The electronic screams do it for me!
    Sidious has the DS plans, but, now that I think about it, the DS was already underway in ROTS. Maybe construction began before the battle of Coruscant.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I bet we don't even find out what's on the encryption module.

6. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    According to the Death Star novel, that was only the prototype.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We always need to have a R2 Arc or episode every season

Order66Survivor likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW's challenge here is to flesh out these droids as interesting, compelling individuals, perhaps even making me relate to them. They succeed I might get feels for when the get crushed. I get slight feels for R2's B1s when they sacrifice themselves in The Citadel Arc - "Its been an honor to serve under you." - I have a bad feeling I'm going to relate to WAC since I can relate to being a clumsy Captain Obvious looked down on as an idiot. Maybe like me, he'll come from the bottom and knock it out. Did I really post this publicly?

Gregor they'll get right. If nothing else TCW has a great track record with clones.

All of them fairly polarizing so its easy to see why folks are doing the "OMG ONOZ!" dance. I know its bad when a certain someone in here drops a sky is falling post. But that's okay. Even if this turns out horrible we can still have fun with it. The trick is to flip it around and enjoy how bad it is.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I do not actually know what to say cause it is not the same droid. IT IS NOT R2-KT.. it is new.
    I find it quite weird to have a new droid replace...:rolleyes: be inspired bythe old droid that was inspired by a dying and brave little girl?!
    Why not just use the original!?

You are correct. A Separatist win in this arc would be awesome but if there is an anticlimax to it all like in the Hardeen arc then this arc is doomed.

I am suspecting such a lazy thing coming too. I think the encryption code will be just an unknown maguffin.
    HELLLLLLLLL NNNOOOOO... I almost wanted the little trash can to be destroyed cause of the vile Evil Plans or Nomad Droids... R2 has been the focus of several awful and if not the most disgusting TCW episodes ever.
    In short: He has a bad record on the show...
    If this arc is like the fun scenes of R2 trying to escape from Gha Nacht in S1 or Fighting R3 in S1 or like the way he handled the Bounty Hunter scum in the S2's finale - THEN we are ok.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Nobody cares if he is a main character. Padme is a main character and so is Anakin ... and both of them bring us usually vile and horrible personal stories like the Tea episodes, banking episodes or Mortis.

Same with R2 - some of the lowest and most disliked episodes feature R2 or Padme.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And TCW having a great track record with clones really picks me up for this arc. This arc has the same problem ahead of it. It has to differentiate these droids and make me care about them just like it does a group of identical guys with the same voice by fleshing them out into very compelling characters. This is the kind of thing TCW is usually good at. The main problem is droids have the stigma of being annoying slapstick prop characters within the show (and the franchise?) and only one of these droids actually talks.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    So you are saying that this arc will be a silly version of Umbara for droids!? ;)

That could be a problem...

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe for the sake of all our optimism we'll call it the droid version of Rookies. Even if Umbara works for me.

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The one thing that gives me hope for this arc is the chance that it will tie into the rest of the Saga in a profound way. I really, really, REALLY like the idea of Gasgano being a proto-Imperial like Tarkin. My main fear is that these episodes will be filled with one-dimensional characters and pointless MacGuffins. Now that we're five seasons in, the show should be moving away from aimless slapstick and should be focusing on tying the saga together and setting the stage for Episode III.

Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We don't know this will be aimless slapstick yet. All we know is R2 will make some sort of big contribution to the war. Lol... I think its time for a Goliath quote! - "What humans don't understand they fear."

cwustudent likes this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    We really haven't had much 'slapstick' humor this season to be honest.
    Revival was straight on serious.
    The Onderon Arc had some droid slapstick, but the battle droid humor has gotten to the point were I am able to zone it out.
    The Young Jedi arc had very serious and grown up tones to it for a kids arc.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The episode is nearing

19. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    :rolleyes::p

Darth Vader likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    :D

21. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Neccessary Bond Grading thread.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    This x100

23. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm more interested in seeing the new Anx Jedi than the droids.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Spoilers!:p

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Totally agree with this. Been some darker stuff this season so a little humor won't be a bad thing. Like Young Jedi this looks like its for kids but it may prove more than that.

Again, advice for folks with really low expectations about this arc: Watch at night with popcorn, relax and clear your mind as best you can, pretend your watching something you remember fondly as a child and even though its not as good as you remember its still enjoyable, and just enjoy the ride. Don't think much about anything during the episode if you can. After its over turn your fanon engine on. Have a nice flight everybody! Seerow is out of this thread until she gets a chance to view it.

It really don't think this is going to be so bad.