main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    But they're still painful and fake. And I fear the BBC does it on purpose.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    *snerks* Yeah, I was getting ready to say that IS the actor's real accent.

News roundup:

Moffat, SJA, and Toby Whithouse (for Being Human-UK) all win Writer's Guild awards.

Eccleston talks 50th:

Karen's appearance on Craig Ferguson:

(which cuts out most of the Angels in Manhattan intro clip for Karen)

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Please Chris, put your concerns aside for the good of the show and for the good of the fans. DO IT!!!!

MrZAP, Mar17swgirl and Juliet316 like this.
  4. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Why do I doubt Eccleston was joking about shooting him?[face_worried]:p
    Also, I think I'm the only person on this Earth who noticed and/or cared that Gallifrey from a distance, as shown at the end of the TVM, appears blue and green as opposed to orange/rust-coloured. It's really been bugging me lately, actually.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That was probably whoever FOX put in charge of graphics and effects, not on the BBC's end (the TVM was a joint project of BBC and FOX in the hopes of relaunching the series in the mid 90's.)

EDIT: Anybody notice the way Eccleston's hair is in that interview clip? Almost Nineish.... Okay, okay, a girl can dream can't she?[face_praying]

6. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Yes. A girl can dream. :p This boy is dreaming, too.

7. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Oh, thank you. Knowing it was the fault of FOX's graphics person helps so much.:rolleyes::p

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Really? That's the thing that bugs you most about that awful TV movie (even ignoring the weird **** like the Doctor saying he's half human)?

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Holy crap Eccleston is a tool.

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Shhh! We don't want to spook him!

Mar17swgirl and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You know, so much has been made of asking the living Doctors if they'll be involved in the 50th, has anybody asked the surviving companions of they're involved? I mean beyond the media (including John Barrowman doing G4's Comic Con coverage), asking Karen and Arthur of they'll be involved. I'd love to see Martha, Donna, Jack, the R word, plus some of the Classic Companions back for the 50th along with any Doctors (aside from Eleven, who is a given) who might show up. :)

12. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Well, other than the half-human bit, the extremely campy Master, Sylvester McCoy babbling after being non-lethally shot and lying on the ground, probably the Frankenstein inter-cut with regeneration due to the non-existent subtlety, and the lack of any distortion of matter other then at Grace's window-door. Other then that I thought it was fine.:D

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    How much money do you think BBC would have to throw at Eccleston to get him to participate?

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Maybe Tennant can wrangle him a part in Nativity 3.

halibut, MrZAP, Rebel_Padawan and 3 others like this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It would have to be a **** ton of money considering how the BBC botched the annoucement of his departure as the Doctor in the first place.

darthcaedus1138 and Mar17swgirl like this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Really? What happened there?

Is it weird that I'm really annoyed that the series are called 'seasons' on Netflix? It would seem to make sense, except that I just realized that most other UK shows have 'series' on Netflix... except DW and Torchwood. It's more annoying for DW since there's already a different season 1-7, and series 1-7 is something totally different.

[/nerd rant]

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'll have to dig for a link for a detailed story, but short version is, when BBC announced that Eccleston was leaving, they made it sound like that he was quitting in the middle of his contract with the show, and it was only until either, I think Eccleston or people closer to the situation whent "No, that's not what happened" was BBC forced to backtrack and admit that his contract was simply up and he was simply not signing on for another season.

ETA: So yeah, I can kind of understand why Eccleston's reluctant to go another round when the people that you worked for made it seem like you were walking out in the middle of your job on your way out.

ETA2: It also makes it understandable why Tennant made his announcement of his leaving so public. No need for any BBC misinterpetation for that one.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, I know that they asked Tennant to be in S2 when they were only about halfway through shooting S1. So my guess is, no one really meshed with Eccleston and they probably weren't too sad to see him go. I can understand being a bit bitter about that... but quite honestly, he's always seemed like that. I think it's more likely that they didn't like him because he was condescending.

It's so good to know that DW was so beneath him. Glad he went on to such Shakepearean efforts as GI Joe and wearing a whole load of makeup in the definitely not at all silly sci-fi movie Thor 2 :)

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    We'll probably never know the full story of that year, but still, the BBC could have handled it better than just making it seem like he was up and quitting, as opposed to it simply being a matter of him not signing on for another year.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well yeah, it seems like it was a mutual agreement. He didn't want to come back and they didn't want him back. I'm guessing someone in the BBC PR department got in serious trouble over that, though. Doesn't necessarily reflect on the actual creatives.

Still, Eccleston is a jerk :p

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This is all just rumor of what somebody supposedly heard off of Eccleston at an actor's workshop, but he apparently talked about some bullying that was going on among some of the higher up production people and assistants and technical people and such. I really hope it's not true, but who knows.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Like I said, we'll probably never know what really happened that made Eccleston not sign on for series 2, but still the BBC probably could've handled it better than they did.

Made the mistake of visiting Ebay again.

It's not fair, I'm broke; why does everything Who related on Ebay have to be so tempting?

23. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    This might interest you. It was posted up at Blogtor Who yesterday by Cameron, the chap who runs it. It was then swiftly taken down almost as fast as it went up. Rumours suggest it was removed by request. It's regarding the 50th Anniversary special...

24. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    "Trusted people" is a source I rarely trust. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The only one I would take with far more than a grain of whatever salt is found on Gallifrey is the possible start date for the filming of the Gatiss helmed biopic, as that's the one 50th related project that's been confirmed for some time, and a film date of Jan. 2013 seems feasible provided they're wrapping up the casting process for it.

Although recent statements by both Eccleston and Tennant make me wonder if there hasn't already been past Doctor stuff filmed for the 50th.[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.