main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Was Vader in constant pain in the suit?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by theman54, Sep 29, 2011.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Heh. I was thinking of him but didn't say so. :p

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Didn't GL actually stipulate that.

I mean, this is going by wookiepeide, but Vader in the suit was marginally weaker than the Emperor, and Palpatine kept him like that for that reason, so that he would always be the stronger.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I don't know if it is a stipulation or not, but if Vader managed to permanently heal his lungs, and modify his cybernetics, Palpatine would be in his way out.

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Palpatine & Anakin had a good relationship, Vader did mention twice to Padme & Luke that Palpatine could be over thrown...but when would Anakin make that move?

5. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    To me, it always seemed when the Emperor told Yoda Vader will become more powerful than both of them, that he aid so with a sense of pride. I know this probably isn't the case, but I always got that feeling.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Why wouldn't that be the case?

7. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    The will to live thing bugged me. Why couldn't she have died from physical complications?

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    The poor girl died from STRESS, stress her little body could not handle. Padme was depressed damn near the entire movie. Her face was full of worry. I think she only had enough juice to push the twins out & that was that. She should have steped down as a Senator. Instead she tried to deal with all the Senate madness, pregnancy & marriage to a man who was changing. She just wasn't strong enough to deal.

Mata2010 likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  10. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Padme died of bad writing :cool:

rumsmuggler, Darth Claire and fett 4 like this.
  11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    She didn't die from physical complications.

12. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    If she just died from being choked it wouldn't have shown just how strongly she loved Anakin and how badly his betrayal hurt her.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    To answer the original question, I always felt that he eventually got over the initial pain present after he got into the suit.

14. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe he would have been in constant pain, not sure of the level it would have been at.
    It would've dulled over time as they healed (but still would've been substantial) and I'm assuming he was able to access pain medications of some sort.

Though as it was said by Darth_Nub

I don't really see a way the suit would've prevented him from the pain that his injuries would've caused.
    I see it causing him more pain (even for a while), actually, especially with scar tissue and the extent of his injuries.