main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dooku's holograms

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Don't change his story just don't make him as invincible.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku is at his best in holograms :p

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They'll change his story anyways. Why they do an exact copy of what's already been done?

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Why copy something that's already been done at all?

Because it was good the first time around?

If they did do Durge, they'd change it, and it wouldn't be nearly as good, because that's pretty much what TCW does.

5. aldrestjedimaster

Sep 4, 2012
    Or they could do what they did with Ventress everyone thought she died on Yavin 4 but she didn't.

6. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    The comics had already brought her back. TCW then proceeded to copy the comics, but added the terrible ideas of Savage and Maul. I've even heard Katie Lucas wanted to do some Vampire/Werewolf Twilight stuff, or something like that, but was denied. So yeah.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Till Maul, Savagely bites somebody to death...

8. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I would only like to see Durge on the show if he is done right. These days on TCW the only Separatist villains we get are Dooku, Grievous now and again, one off CIS Commanders and Tactical Droids. Even without Durge and Dark Acolytes there could still be some more main Separatist villains on the show like CIS Commanders that can fight Jedi well like Riff Tamson, CIS Soldiers and CIS Military Officers that could give orders to Separatist Commanders instead of Dooku. Other Separatist Council Leaders should be used as well...

9. aldrestjedimaster

Sep 4, 2012
    Or use more of Cad Bane just to mix it up for the Separatists every now and then.

10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Bane needs a rest for the season. They overused him IMO.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  11. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That was only 4 episodes. I don't think Cad Bane that overused. We've seen way more of Hondo this season than we ever have of Cad Bane.

13. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    He ain't the Bane he used to be. :p That's why I said IMO, because I think they over used his character for what he is.

14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    They'd have to work hard to make Durge worse than his previous portrayals. :p

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Other than in attire. I don't think Cad Bane has changed. Hey, lets go talk about him, lets give the old Cad thread some love and move this out of here for these guys.

16. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I don't mind Holograms of him, but I really want to see some more action from him,

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The holograms are so 90s villain.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Or 80s heroes, depending on your pov.
    [​IMG]

Seerow likes this.
  19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am sick of Dooku holograms. That is TCW's lazy way of giving another new villain more backbone. LAZY!

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    So is Dooku.:p

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Who isn't!?! :D

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I can see why they brought Maul back. The main characters are essentially a bunch of super heroes without enough super villains to keep things interesting. We had Asajj, but they semi-redeemed her. We have Dooku, but he rarely gets his hands dirty. Then we have Grievous.

OCs like Riff, Kalani and Bane are tossed in for variety, but they really just seem like the expendable villains of the week (except Bane).

There's villains you know can't die at the top, and then a bunch of one-off expendable villains beneath them. The ones at the top are also the only ones who can really go toe to toe with a Jedi. Bringing Maul is was at least interesting since he sort of bridges the gap. He's among the "super villains" (along with Savage) that can match a Jedi, but also has stuck around and has an unknown future.

Had they explored the idea of a Jedi Order schism, that would have given the writers an indefinite amount of new "super villains" to pit the Jedi against. Some could be used as expendable, while others could be like Maul and stick around as a reoccurring villain, while retaining an uncertain future.

I'm sick of Dooku simply being the one giving orders, but at the same time he's the head CIS leader, and he really has no reason to get his hands dirty with any kind of frequency. So they in turn have to use Grievous as his stand in/enforcer, though Grievous has plot armor which means he gets to run away every time, which is repetitive. His lack of development as a character also leaves him as having extremely shallow motives and no back story beyond him choosing to be a cyborg (maybe) and that he really hates Jedi (never says why). The Rule of Two I feel kind of constrained what kinds of villains the Jedi get to face. There are only two Sith that can really match the Jedi as being their evil counterparts. But both largely get to sit on their butts and do nothing. So then you get Asajj as kind of a loophole to have a lightsaber wielding Force user, but they actually gave her development (a good thing IMO) but the consequence is that she's developing outside of her initial villain mold.

Savage is brought in as a potential replacement of the new Force using villain before pretty much being stripped of what character development he had and simply taking a back seat to Maul. Once they are gone, and you're back to Sidious (doesn't really do anything, outside of the upcoming exception) and Dooku (gets his hands dirty rarely, and always against Anakin).

I'd say flesh out the villains they have:

-Explore Grievous' back story and at this point I really don't care if they follow the EU or don't. Make a decision and commit to it since it just seems like they're tip-toeing around it which leaves Grievous as being extremely shallow.

-Explore Dooku's motives and expand on how he relates to other characters. We've had more insight into Maul at this point after just a few episodes in which he's appeared, that seems wrong as we've entered the 5th season and Dooku is still just Sidious 2.0 that gives out orders. Dooku in the Rako arc was interesting IMO and his most interesting appearance to date, for me, would be the Nightsister arc, though that ambition we began to see of his just got dropped.

-Don't put the same villains against the same heroes every time. Give Obi-Wan vs. Grievous a break as well as Dooku vs. Anakin. Literally any other combination would be better at this point, even if they had to resort to pulling names out of a hat: Aayla vs. Grievous, Tera Sinube vs. Dooku; or Saesee Tiin vs. Grievous and Mace Windu vs. Dooku; etc.

In addition to fleshing out current villains and breaking the writers out of their comfort zone of repeatedly using the same characters in the same ways. Also introduce new OCs that can match the likes of Grievous or Asajj in their own right, and that will stick around as reoccurring villains (and heroes) for awhile before being killed off (if they even die).

QuangoFett likes this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Instead of stupid Dooku, they could have the other rulers of the CIS as the main villains like Nute Gunray.

Darth Vader likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Maul has been so great for this show because for a long time there haven't been any villains that felt like real credible threats for heroes to fight. The closest behind them is Deathwatch and guess what? Both are some of the few portrayed villains with their personal motives fleshed out on screen. Maul for revenge and to creaet an army to try and challenge Sideous. Deathwatch to over throw and destroy Satines' Mandalore.

Other than that the villains are where TCW tends to show its colors as a kid show with how black, white, and barely developed they are. Then how we pretty much have Dooku sitting at the top with his minions (Grievous and formerly Asajj) running around underneath him with monster of the day and the foot soldiers who aren't much more the goofy foot soldiers running around half the time. Maybe theses the way it should be.

A Jedi Schism sounds really cool to explore but TCW doesn't really need to try that hard, IMO. They just need to get a few basic things together. This is particularly true of we are going to go 5 more seasons and never change main cast.

What TCW needs is more big bads. TCW just needs to introduce some fresh characters into the ranks of the Separatists. They need to be powerful enough to be scary. Badass enough to where they just have to be stopped. Flesh out a couple of these guys to be more genuine monsters but reuse them (villains you just want to see decapitated are fun).

Flesh out a couple to have sympathetic motives so its fun to root for booth sides in a good long fight. Lets give him/her a pitiable send off. Both will go a long way to fleshing out both sides of the war better. They can still use them a little monster of the day-like. If they whanna keep up with the monster of the day thing I hope they consider reading Sailor Moon manga so see a better way to do it.

TCW needs to be careful with just putting combinations of plot armored characters in a fight. It would be fun maybe once or twice. There is only so much millage to get out of that since the outcome will be either a stalemate or someone running away. To make a duel between Grievous and Jedi Joe truly exciting I need to be worried somebody is actually at risk of getting an ass whooping. Dooku fighting with Mace and shockingly losing a limb would be a novelty not galaxy shaking. I'm not sure Jedi Joe vs. Savage would be far more interesting where I could place bets (Seerow, gambling is wrong!) on who will legit kick whose ass into the ground.

Sure, by all means lets flesh out Dooku's motives. Dooku was only getting played in the Rako Hardeen arc but what did he think he was doing? Could TCW actually pull off making him sympathetic?

Come on TCW. Animorphs which is a freaking intermediate book series took the Yeerks, evil parasites basically enslaving entire planets like body snatchers and gave them sympathetic reasons for doing so. How hard can it be to do with the C.I.S. which is presently propped up as simply being evil? Kids can understand that stuff. Then lets flip it around and show the republic bulldozing a planet. I can't wait to get to the arc with the scene of a crowd on Coruscant protesting the clones.

QuangoFett likes this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If only Gunray and Maul could cross paths, one more time...[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.