main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Nope. And "or" what?

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nothing

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Revival: Savage grunting like a pig rather than ever talking, Hondo doing anything, Maul getting his leg shot off while green space poo flies out of it and he screams like his testicles were caught in a blender.....

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Stupid and pathetic episode.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Did not enjoy this enough to look forward to another episode, let alone three. Should have been a standalone, IMO.

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    All around, probably the first 'meh' of the season for me. Not looking good for this arc.

6/10.

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Pros:
    1.The logo was blue

Cons:
    1..EVERYTHING ELSE

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    So much hate *facepalm*

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    So much ignorance.
    [​IMG]

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Pretty blue logo! Why did this get special logo? I hope TCW doesn't start doing that all the time.

Did I not call the "Droids are people too!" angle? Those four word sum up everything about this episode. I had feels when the droids wouldn't leave behind their man. Well, its better than "Mercy Mission" which is an episode I really enjoyed. This is campy, cheesy, 90s feeling goodness. It does kinda feel like SW to me. The mundane task turned into comical big deal is once again reminiscent of Rocko's Modern Life. Without thinking about it to much this was one of the funniest episodes of TCW so far. I like WAC who is pretty much a lovable idiot. I like poor Gascon who is suffering from an inferiotiy complex that puts my own to shame. I can see where he foreshadows the men who will serve the Empire.

On the other hand, is this really just a covert mission to steal what looks like an encrypted flash drive? I seem to remember Transformers Prime already did something like this earlier this year. Not surprisingly the astromechs all seem to be clones of R2. And does R2 really have a girl friend? The zero gravity... whatever that was looked cool if not a little silly.

I think this would have made a great stand alone episode but I'm not so sure about 3 more of them. The highlight for me was Rex and Cody in the news reels. I yelled - "Take me with you!" - at my TV. Given the shows darker and more complex tone since Umbara the feel of this arc seems out of place and feels like a step backward. Whatever is on that fancy flashdrive better be a major deal. I'm not sure how I'll grade this episode. Really torn between liking it and hating myself for liking it. Atleast if the arc can stay funny for 3 more episodes there will be something to enjoy with it.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder if we will see Neyo again in Future episodes

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was a good TCW episode. Not as good as the last episode or Tipping Points but for what it was it was good.
    I like how they featured many new things in this episode and AGAIN did not use Anakin - so happy!

I hope we do. He looked cool.

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    this episode was just wacky. WAC was just plain WHACKY, The colonel turns out to be just a map reader and that doctor needs to see a doctor, he's three fries short of a happy meal.

rumblewagon likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Calm down with Anakin bro, :cool::p

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Didn't even have a speaking role although it was pretty funny when he shook his head. WAC would make an amusing sidekick for a clone in an episode. Honestly an episode where clones try to disguise themselves to infiltrate a ship would be funny.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I totally agree

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Nahh. Never will... the guy has ruined many arcs for me. :D

The adventures of NEYO AND WAC?!

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Star Wars The Clone Wars: Neyo and Wac go on a crazy adventure

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That would be fun or it could be like Mercy Mission. But I loved Mercy Mission.

20. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I liked it a little and Gregor will change it around.

21. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Who or what is Aut-O? It's listed in the credits.

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    This episode turned out to be more entertaining than I thought it would be. Some of the comedy was really good, while some of it was facepalm-worthy to the extreme.

- I was disappointed that there was no action sequence at the beginning. I thought the attack on the landing pad from the S5 trailer would be in this episode.

- WAC really annoyed me at the beginning of the episode but he has grown on me.

- Gascon was pretty entertaining. I absolutely hated the cliché "size doesn't matter" lecture at the end, though. We've already been through that with Seripas, and even that was just a watered-down version of what Yoda said in TESB.

- The droid maintenance alien annoyed me to no end. Stereotypes =\= good.

- I really like the design of the new CIS shuttle. I had forgotten about it since CVI.

- The homage to Darth Vader's shuttle landing in ROTJ was a nice touch.

- I almost passed out laughing when Gascon beeped like an astromech. I don't know why, but that little touch was hilarious.

- Super tactical droids are useless.

- The zero-gravity battle was really cool. I liked seeing all the droids' upgrades get put to good use.

All in all, the episode was fairly good. Some of the comedy fell flat but I was entertained overall. I'm still holding out for some meaningful connection to the saga as a whole to show up.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Sounds like something I'd watch.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Me too!

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Couple of new details