main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "I find you lack of Prequels Disturbing" BluRay Edition

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I just got through the first 8 discs on the Star Wars Blu Rays, and I’ve been enjoying it a lot! Lots of info on both the PT and the OT, but then I got to Bonus Disk nine, and became very disappointed. There’s no documentary on the star wars prequels. I mean, you got a single 40 something minute Docs on ANH-ROTJ, but then it just stops there, and has spoof, tech stuff, and nothing saying anything about the prequels at all! And this ticked me off!

I Know lot of OT generation fans don’t like the prequels, but that shouldn’t influence their views on things, because if they really looked around, they’d see lots of prequel fans, but instead, they just listen to people who think the PT is unequal to the OT! I seriously wanted to throw my PS3 controller out the window and go lock myself in a room until episode 7 came out, but then I decided it would be better to share my problem with my fellow Council Forum members.

The Star Wars Blu Ray set is unfair to prequel fans.

OK, sure it has a lot of bonus features for the prequel fans on bonus disk 1, but that’s not the point I think the set is still unfair to prequel fans! Because of bonus disk 3. I didn’t watch it yet, so I could be wrong, but it all seems to either be all OT things or Fan/media related thing.

This brings me to my point. As much as the Blu Rays give the Prequel fans, and all star wars fans in general, something to be thank full for. Its PT-OT stuff is unbalanced; cause seriously, no PT documentary!?!? If I’m missing something or there’s a prequel documentary like the on another disk please tell me. As much as I want the earlier versions of the DVDs, it won’t happen for a while, and it disappoints because I can’t find any prequel Docs anywhere in the Blu Ray set!

So, how about you guys, do you think the Blu Rays, or LucasFilms in general, is unfair to the prequels?

LucasFilms……
    [​IMG]

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    It's Lucasfilm we're talking about. The prequels are red-haired stepchildren to them. Maybe there're a lot of prequel haters there as well?

Samnz and Lady_Skywalker87 like this.
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I was disappointed with the prequels' extras as well (and Episode II transfer, but that's another story). Specially the deleted scenes (if we can even call them that). I would rather have all the content from the bonus DVDs on a single Blu-ray disc in HD (if applicable), than the "joke" of content we got. In part, that's why I'm waiting for the Blu-ray release of the 3D versions. I hope they have some worthy content.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I had a feeling this would happen. which why I don't own the set and now knowing this I most likely never will....[face_sigh]

Wouldn't doubt there are considering TCW in an OT pleasing fest for most part or at worst trying hard at it.[face_sick]

5. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    I'm watching Season 2 now. It seems that TCW draws from boths OT and PT which is fine by me.

6. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Season 2 was kinda decent actually..

7. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    There're also links between the trilogies. Like the episode where Obi-Wan and Anakin help Senator Organa and Anakin displays his piloting skills (wish there was more of that in the movies).

8. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I imagine the lack of prequel documentaries is more due to the fact that the prequels' were already released on the DVD Bonus Discs whereas the OT's Bonus Discs contained the OOT laserdisc transfers.

Regardless, though, I was rather disappointed with the deleted scenes, although some of them were good. I loved the scene of Anakin and Palpatine discussing changes to the constitution which I felt should have stayed in the film.

Veloz and SithStarSlayer like this.
  9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Actually, only the 2006 re-release contained the laserdisc transfers as bonus. The 2004 release had a full disc of documentaries.

10. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Oh. I didn't know that. That does seem a pity, then. Since each of the OT films got a documentary, it would have been nice to have some about the PT films. Even if we only got one about the entire trilogy.

11. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I think the blu rays are a good buy, the only thing I’m disappointed though is bonus disc 3, and the rest was great! I just got onto the spoofs, and it seems there are a lot of prequel spoofs so far, ones that don’t really make fun of the prequels and say they are bad movies! I loved all of them so far, except Simon Peggy’s

12. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    If they had only put "Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed" on disc 9, it would have been fine and appropriate for the set's purpose (The Complete Saga) and I would have probably bought the blu ray set.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Gotta leave something out for the eventual 4 and 8k sets.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  14. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think this blows, too, but to be honest, I didn't buy this box set because of bonus features. I was interested in two things: Having the complete saga in one box (which I no longer have, thanks to the coming third trilogy:mad:) and having the films in the blu-ray format. I don't pass on that opportunity because it lacks some documentaries!
    As I said, though, this imbalance blows. It shouldn't be this way and someone ought to rectify it next time.

"It was said that you would destroy the bashers, not join them!"
    /LM

15. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Agreed! Same here. I might get it down the road if the price goes for the reasons Lars_Muul mentioned...

[face_rofl]

16. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I wasn't really joking, but feel free to assume I am. :p

17. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    I know your probably right Boba...I just rather laugh about it.O:)

DarthBoba likes this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Well, it will be hard to get the movies in 4k or 8k. Specially Episodes II and III.

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, they'll have to do some kind of upconversion for those; still, no reason TPM, the OT, and the sequels would have issues.

20. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Makes me wish they shot AOTC and ROTS on film. For consistency, too.

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I think the lack of prequel stuff had more to do with so much prequel stuff available on the website and earlier dvd releases.

I think they wanted more special content for this release. There's certainly not been a lack of prequel content across SW.com and all the BTS releases over the years.

It had so much as we went along when the films were in development, shooting, in post, etc.

Maybe there just wasn't a whole lot left that was new?

Veloz likes this.
  22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But there is. Extended scenes of the Duel of the Fates (with finished effects), Qui-Gon fixing Obi-Wan's lightsaber, Maul arriving at Naboo, etc, etc... Instead we got a bunch of animatics and early concepts.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    And each of those that you mentioned, would have been great to see... :)

24. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    ..Except that Lucas tinkered with both TPM and AOTC on their initial DVD releases, and hasn't done so again despite them having 2004/BR releases since then. I think any insertion of deleted scenes is pretty unlikely for the prequels.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    We were talking about bonus material, not inserting them back into the movie. ;)