main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Lets say for a second that I believe the sources on Blogtor Who (I don't, this is just theoretical) then they may be hinting at a return not because it's already been filmed but because they've signed on to appear in the special some time ago.

The problems with the sources is that there are a few holes in these bullet points due to what we already know. If Matt is regenerating in a New Year's Day special then why has he been briefed on series 8? (He could be lying through his teeth, I doubt it though.) And we haven't seen any old Doctors on set during the filming of 7.2, and I highly doubt the press would have missed out on a scoop like that.

As much as I would love a feature length spectacular to mark the 50th, this just seems too leaky to be believed. Perhaps I'm too cynical. :p

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, like I said, the only thing, I think is plausible in terms of that report is the production date for the Gatiss Who Biopic, as BBC announced that some time ago (I haven't heard anything in regards to casting, so hopefully if they are going to start filming in January we'll start to hear word on that), so that might be the kernel of truth in a sea of marlarky.

Two things though:

1. It's pretty much been confirmed that David was briefed on what Moff's plans for S5 were before he decided to leave at the end of his contract. So it wouldn't be outside the realm of possiblity for Matt to know what's to come for S8 even if he might not be the Doctor playing that. But given that the BBC made a good deal about him being signed through 2014, I think it's reasonable to assume that he's the Doctor through S8 and then maybe either a regen at the end of that series a'la Nine or a New Year's 2015 regen like David did.

2. Moffat managed to sneak JLC in and out for Asylum of the Daleks without the media even knowing she was doing a single scene for that episode. And he even managed to get the fans who attended the UK and US sneak peeks to keep quiet about it. (Chewgumma, you attended the screenings, does Moff and the cast have some sort of hypnotic powers that we don't know about? Because I'm still not sure how he managed for JLC's appearance not to leak after the screenings). Granted, pulling off secret shooting with well known Doctors would be harder to pull off, but Moffat's proven that he can pull secrecy stuff off (Just as long as he doesn't let anymore little girls leave their scripts in cabs :p).

Again, I don't really believe most of this (except probably the Gatiss biopic about to start filming), but I'm just pointing out that it's not completely impossible, just highly improbable.

Mar17swgirl and Chewgumma like this.
  3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Moffat has a Secret Silence Service.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I sincerely hope it's not true because we need way more than one special.

I do think there's some possibility Matt will actually regenerate in the 50th and they're psyching us out with news of S8. Call it the reverse Sherlock.

I too have a feeling they've already filmed at least some stuff for the 50th. Wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to finish all of it before Sherlock shoots in March.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Granted, it's possible, but I don't know if the BBC would want to incur the wrath of the fans; to go ahead and do a regeneration (or worse a surprise!regeneration) in the 50th, especially after making such a big deal about him extending his contract for another two years.

My gut is, they'll hold off on a regeneration in whatever stuff they do for the 50th (especially if they're having multiple Doctors and Companions returning for the 50th) and do a regeneration at the end of S8, which will likely coincide with the end of Matt's Contract with the show, so the BBC can milk a regen story that might or might not get lost if it's done in the 50th.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't give a **** about that. :p I'm annoyed by more practical things, like the fact that Tennant's final specials other than "The Next Doctor" are separate from the rest of the series, and "Planet of the Dead" isn't even available on instant. If I hadn't bothered to find out about the chronology, I would have gone from season 4 to 5 and been really confused by 11's sudden appearance. I contend that those three specials should have been series/season 5. Stupid limeys and their weird TV schedules.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah that's incredibly asinine. I always make sure to explain it to people who are watching for the first time. Because jumping from Journey's End to The Eleventh Hour would be terribly confusing.

8. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    "Stupid Limeys"?

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    :D

You guys ruled the world for 150 years. I think you can handle a benign "slur" just as I can handle "yank."

10. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    I am also annoyed!:mad:

11. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Tennant's announcement was a plan of RTD's and another major production manager whose name I forget at the moment, which they had been setting up since they knew Tennant didn't want to renew his contract and come back after the specials.

I can't handle "Yank." It's untrue. I'm trapped in the Deep South of the country. For, I just realized, half of my life. So I no longer qualify as a yank by the standards of the south (who use it as a rude thing) nor by the British. :)

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    NOOO! Stop being so deeply offensive and racist.

soitscometothis and Darth Guy like this.
  13. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

You done yet?

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Telling jokes? Almost certainly. Humor is nearly as bad as sci-fi.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Finally watched Karen's appearance on Craig Ferguson... ahh, two of my favorite people together. That was ridiculous as expected. I liked her toneless Gaidhlig song :p But not knowing how to put on a party hat was the best. What a fantastic dork.

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I am wondering if the 50th Anniversary special will be set when Who first aired. All it needs is some big global event that happened at the same time. Something which is still shrouded in mystery and needs an explanation...

17. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I see what you did there... :p

Well, we already know that Nine was present there... [face_thinking] Who says there weren't other versions of the Doctor there, too? :D

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Exactly...

EDIT:

Nine in the crowd, Ten in the depository, and Eleven behind the grassy knoll.

19. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

:p

They could do a Red Dwarf and through some timey-wimey shenanigans have it so that JFK is behind the grassy knoll.

20. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    [face_laugh] =D= Best. Christmas tree. EVAR! :D

21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Now I want someone to go and re-edit all of the NuWho Dalek episodes and superimpose Christmas!Dalek over ALL of them.:p

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Somebody will do a YouTube of Christmas!Dalek before too long.:p

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    It's time to start decorating the tree! I've got some of those baubles where you can put your own pictures in, so this is what I'm going for. Feel free to use!

[​IMG]

24. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Just realized....Matt has INCREDIBLY light eyebrows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.