main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Angry Birds Star Wars(spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CaptainHamYoyo, Nov 8, 2012.

1. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    I searched for an existing thread for this and couldn't find one(I was kinda surprised actually), so I figured I'd start one where we can all give our opinions, discuss, etc.

First off, I've felt kind of neutral over the whole Angry Birds craze. I've played the free version of the first one, beat it, had fun while it lasted. But never felt the urge to play any of the other free ones, or by any of the full versions.

Add Star Wars to it, and I figured ok, I'll spend a few bucks and give it a shot. I got it today, and I'm really enjoying it!!!

Luke didn't do anything special at first until he meets Ben and gives him a lightsaber.

Ben uses the force.

Han shoots his blaster while yelling "YAHOO!"

In a bonus round R2 fires electric bolts while 3PO goes to pieces.

You can have the Falcon fly in to blast stuff up for you(limited number though).

I'm still playing through it to see what other characters do, and what other surprises lay ahead.

A definite must for every SW fan!!!

2. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Bought it today. These little games are so addictive. This one's no exception, but I find myself reminded of Pit Droids - it's fun, yes, but ultimately it's only a diversion. Not much replay value once you've beaten a level, I'd say.

3. Beaker416

Beaker416 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Very addicting. The giant Chewie is fun as well.

4. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm having fun with this one too. I'm glad that they actually found a way to make the normal red bird actually useful. Han-bird's blasters are probably my favorite so far.

5. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    So, I've been watching the trailers for this game and laughing my head off, but I'm wondering: is this one of those games that is fun when it first comes out and then gets to be old hat after a while? Are you still having fun with it?

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The free Hoth Update just came out, with a Leia bird. So yes, still fun.

7. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Man, i can't get wifi for my ipod till next weekend to upgrade. [face_plain] Star Wars angry birds is so much better than original angry birds.

8. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    In terms of collecting all three stars for each level, do I have to destroy EVERYTHING on the screen to get those three stars? It sure feels like I have to. Kind of annoying, especially when the level is so difficult.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Considering it draws on the physics of the Space version of the game, that's not saying much.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I still play it often. Chewie and Leia are my favorite birds.

Does anyone know if we're getting a Jedi update? I haven't found anything online about it but all the RotJ birds merchandise makes me think they will.

11. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Yus' saying. Some people still think original angry birds is better.

12. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Dumb question: I purchased the PC version on CD-ROM last week before the latest update. How do I update to get the new levels? I can't seem to find the option anywhere in the game.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Mine auto updates when I start the game, but it was a net purchase. Sorry man, I got nothing.

14. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    It did the auto update when I fired it up today. Guess I just had to wait a little bit... :)

15. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, I can now say to my younger self: You were wrong! A half a year later, the game is still addictive. In fact, it got me into purchasing and playing all the other Angry Birds titles, and that's saying something. The Cloud City and Boba Fett updates came out yesterday and they once again show why these games are so popular: They give you update upon update, so the game keeps getting new content while the old levels retain their appeal because of the highscore system (and friends who keep beating your score no matter how good you were!)

16. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    I played the first Angry Birds game, mostly because it was free.... It was fun for around 5 min... I still play it on my phone, but only when im on the train and such. Not a game i would pay for, but for free i don't mind it :p

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I lost all of my progress when Doodle (my little guy) destroyed my hard drive (we play on PC). I haven't redownloaded it yet because I don't need another distraction with grad school, but you make me want to!!

18. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Not destroy EVERYTHING. You just need to reach a certain point threshold.

19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Eh, this game is too casual for me. I enjoy a game with deep mechanics, somewhat-complicated gameplay and a strong story. This game lacks all three.

Wish they'd make a hardcore Star Wars game that's not an MMO. Haven't had a good one since 2008.

20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Rise lost threads rise and be posted on yet again *necromantic spells*

Now on topic anyone played Angry Birds Star Wars II yet ?
    and anyone got a clue of when the Death Star II update is coming ?

Huyang likes this.
  21. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    "Angry Birds Star Wars II" so far is excellent IMO. The game has essentially gone through TPM now. The next update should be Geonosis(the silhouettes for it are Padawan!Anakin and Jango Fett), although part of the level might feature Kamino, and that is a big might. It was updated just last week, so it probably won't be updated for a while. I'm expecting this will be the level that officially introduces Windu into the game.

"Angry Birds Star Wars" just got Death Star 2 yesterday. To me, the levels were especially challenging, but that's me. :p

I think Rovio has done well with the games, including carrying the story along in the cutscenes. Granted, they have been made kid-appropriate, but they don't stray too far from the real story.

What I can't wait for is the cutscenes for Geonosis and Mustafar. It'll be interesting to see a young Boba Fett(just in cutscenes, not as a playable character; Boba as an adult is available to buy in-app) and how the clone troopers are shown. After all, they're on the "bird side" for now, but they were cloned from a guy on the "pork side". :D

Sent from my addictive smartphone using TapaTalk 2.