main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm too busy watching Wisconsin winning.

s65horsey likes this.
  2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    QFT. Historic schools. Big prestige. It should be good for college football, even if it means that I'll have to root for the Irish. :p

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Wait since A&M beat Alabama should I root for Alabama so I can say we beat the National Champs?

4. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Nothing about Alabama playing in a title game is good for college football.

Point Given likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Alabama-Notre Dame should be a great title game, Kelly will have a tough test in matching the month-long preparation that we know Saban has perfected. Very happy it isn't Georgia, although they played well tonight.

6. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Unranked (As of right now) Wisconsin going to a BCS bowl and people had issues with Kent State. lol

This is why I can't stand conference championship games.

7. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Talk to Ohio State then.

63 to 24? How the heck is Wisconsin blowing out NEB by that much?

8. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    About what?

9. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Failure to monitor.

10. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    NCAA sanctions

yankee8255 likes this.
  11. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    That would specifically be about Tressel and not about Ohio State at the moment, unless the 2002 team is still walking around the campus with him hoisted upon their shoulders. :p

12. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, before the Big 10 recently went to the divisions/championship game format, Nebraska would have just gone by default, having the better record, instead of chancing a bad night in a money grab game.

13. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2011/12/ohio_state_buckeyes_football_p_4.html]Ohio[/url] has one year bowl ban

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Wisconsin has also hung up 70 on Nebraska halfway through the fourth quarter.

15. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Nebraske has them right where they want them. Just you want they are going to come back and when this. :p

16. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Back to my original point - what does Ohio State have to do with me not liking conference championship games? I've never liked them, even before Ohio State's ban.

17. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm just saying you would not have any un-ranked team going to the Rose Bowl if Ohio State would not have had a bowl ban. Then again Ohio State may have been going to the BCS what with them going 12 and 0.

18. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    And what I'm saying is that if the Big 10 had stayed away from a conference championship game, a ranked Nebraska team would be going to a BCS game regardless of Ohio State's ban.

19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Either way, they certainly proved to be the best non-OSU, non-PSU (i.e. non-sanctioned) Big Ten team tonight. And Nebraska still hasn't won a league title since the 90s :D

I must say, though, of the prime time games tonight, I hadn't expected the ACC game to be the close one. I wonder how FSU would have done against the also sanction or soon to be sanctioned UNC or Miami.

20. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I dislike Alabama, but I still much prefer them going to the national championship game to Georgia going. Although now I'll have to cheer for Notre Dame, ugh.

Although they fell short at the end, Georgia Tech was competitive last night in the ACC Championship. I was especially glad to see our defense step up in the second half (no points allowed).

21. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    BCS Bowl News

NIU makes the Orange Bowl, Fiesta is Kansas State vs Oregon, Sugar is Florida vs Louisville [face_plain]

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Loving the Fiesta Bowl matchup. I would have preferred Oregon-KState being for the National Title, but I'll take this one too.

23. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

I'm just basking in the love!:p

Now to wake up a few echoes

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd like to point out something to everyone (*cough* Herbstreit *cough*) complaining about NIU making a BCS game. NIU didn't "steal" Georgia's spot, or Oklahoma's spot, or anyone else's spot. Under the new (and improved, we hope) system, NIU would still be going to a big money Bowl game. It's Louisville that wouldn't.