main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation I want Grand Admiral Thrawn in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Blue_Jedi33, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    And I keep hearing people on this board saying that the Thrawn Trilogy is overrated. In my opinion, you're crazy. It deserves the praise it gets.

2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I haven't gotten through the second book. It drags and I lost interest. First book was ok though.

3. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012

Ain't happening! Thankfully!!!

4. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Holla!!!!

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Hoping for a Thrawn movie or series or trilogy, but he almost certainly won't be the main villain in ST.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should just make a character that's very similar to Thrawn. Name him Good General Thruwn.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  7. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    He's a great villain but I think like others that he will be given a cgi tv movie series. Would love to see the Bane books done too.

8. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Thrawn? Remember Ep. 7 will be 40 or more years after ROTJ so that bore with the permanent blue-balls will be so old and wrinkly he will look like one of the California Raisins. I say forget him.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  9. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    And didn't he die in the Zahn books anyway?

10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Survivor's Quest has a part that's designed to suggest that there's a clone running around in 22 ABY that's never been seen since. But I really don't see them using him in VII.

11. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I wasn't a big EU fan until 2008. At that time I went all out and read as many books as I could that took place chronologically before ROTJ. Old Republic to ROTJ. The only knowledge I had of Thrawn was from Outbound Flight that took place before the Clone Wars and what I read via wookieepedia. He IS an awesome character, and he's strikingly different from Vader or the Emperor in his style. I'd vote for him to be in the ST, even as the main villain. I don't think the actual novels should be used, but his character should be. However I just don't think he matches up to the magnitude of Vader or the Emperor.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Aren't they going to adapt the Glove of Darth Vader series? That is the pinnacle of literature. They have a character who is the grandson of Palpatine named Ken. That is innovative writing right there.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  13. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Isn't that series basically like the Nazis looking for the Spear of Destiny, only it's Vader's glove (which somehow ended up on Mon Calimari)? Yuck.

14. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Oh for crying out loud...******* EU

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The villain has three eyes and his name is Trioculis. The subtlety is such immense brilliance.

16. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    The only time Thrawn could have appeared in a SW movie ould have been at the end of EIII, similar to the Tarkin cameo, but even that would have been pure fan service.

What's funny though is that everyone hates on and dismisses everything EU, while taking it for granted that we have the Solo twins. Sure it is almost a sure bet that we will meet Han and Leia's kids, but I am certain that these kids have nothing to do with the EU kids, if for no other reason than them being free of their EU fates/destinies/ seductions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.