main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll be honest... Knowing that I'll be seeing some version of the Disney logo and jingle prior to the "Lucasfilm Ltd." logo is going to be very weeeeeeeeeeird. I don't think I will ever get used to it.

2. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Disney Chief Alan Horn on How He Kept Star Wars VII Secret

(emphasis added)

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    TrakNar, I was just at the theater watching Lincoln the other day, and when the 20th Century Fox theme came up, I thought I was watching Star Wars.

Yeah, Carth gets around. And every time I get post-traumatic whiny stress and automatically hate him.

HOW DARE YOU CHALLENGE THE "CHANCELLOR OF THE STAR WARS UNIVERSITY"

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Every time I see Carth's name, I picture this:

[​IMG]

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When the 2CF logo ended, I expected "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away" to show up next.

TrakNar likes this.
  6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]

No Carth bashing, he had a pimping beach house. :)

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I expect that every time I see any movie with the 20th Century Fox logo and fanfare. I guess it has a special place in our hearts. :3

I wasn't bashing him. I was just pointing out his memorable smile. :p

Gorefiend, Esg and darklordoftech like this.
  8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I must point out that Carth's Amazing Smile is in that picture too!

Zorrixor, TrakNar and Gorefiend like this.
  9. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    At least he is a snappy dresser with that almost cloak like trench coat.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Chicks dig his Pepsodent Smile.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I must have been asleep the day this became a meme. :p Someone refresh me?

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    In all fairness, I've only formed a negative opinion about him because I've read his books.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No, I was just mocking that blurb on the Darksaber cover :p

That doesn't explain a thing about his toothy smile :p

15. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Read the caption for the second pic ;)

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh. For some reason the image was showing up blank, so I didn't see the pic there at all. My browser must hate all wikia sites -- the wook gives me the same problem.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Is it only certain images? I occasionally have a problem where images won't show up because my AdBlocker is a bit too thorough and will block everything that dares to have the word "ad" in the URL.

18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I know, I was just being snarky... :p

It takes a big effort for me to actually return a book - I still have my copy of Jedi Trial - but I sold my copy of the first non-Frank Herbert Dune novel to a used book store after reading it once.

KJA's Star Wars books are, to quote Devo, the "boring kind of bad" - no mofferences, just a lot of dull story - the sort of book I expect with a standard movie tie-in.

Now I'm wondering if Disney will be issuing a press release like "BREAKING NEWS: BELOVED STAR WARS AUTHOR KEVIN J. ANDERSON MARKS HIS RETURN TO THE STAR WARS SAGA!"

And now I'm wondering how long it'll take someone on the Internet to start quoting my post here that KJA is returning. I read it on the Internet, it has to be true!

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The last KJA I've read recently was Last Son of Krypton. I haven't gotten too far into it, as he is using an almost excessive amount of words to describe very little action. I don't mind a lot of description—I've been reading a lot of Lovecraft lately, and his writing is a hallmark of using a lot of words to say very little—but it does drag what would be an action scene down to a plodding trudge through paragraphs until you finally get to the actual hit.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    With Lincoln it was odd, because you had like 3 or 4 different studio logos pop up before the film (Touchstone, Fox and Dreamworks, I believe). I was thinking to myself "Was it really THAT hard for a single studio to get behind 'Lincoln biopic directed by Steven Spielberg starring Daniel Day Lewis''".

It might just start with the LFL logo if Disney treats LFL as a division brand like Dimension and Touchstone (I also suspect Marvel will be the same way once Phase 2 concludes the Paramount obligations).

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Says Mr. Unsubstantiated Rumors.

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    You did get that I felt that the rumors going around Crucible had no basis in fact as far as I could tell, right? :p

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    But you never showed us what rumors you were talking about - you just said they were out there without giving a link or anything. I could just have easily mentioned unsubstantiated rumors that SotJ is about Waru.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Interwebs are serious business. I accidentally caused the rumour that Vergere had hid something in the Falcon and Luceno's book was about Allana finding it by mere speculation.

Which is unfortunate because I feel responsible for ruining a relatively decent novel. Though still Luceno's weakest novel,

25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    WARU WILL BE IN SOTJ?!

That settles it: I'm buying it. Reboot or no reboot. Sold. [face_money_eyes]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.