main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sinrebirth can I just say, I am so tempted to add an OOG to the OOC for the first time in your game. And to me, that is a nerdy delight :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    There is a school of thought that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Why the drokk does that not apply when your wheeled office chair runs over the shoulder strap of your bag? By the theory, if the strap can be rolled over, it should be possible, and usual, to be un-rolled over, but nooo, you have to stand up, and manually negotiate or lift the chair to disentangle it; and sometimes, the strap is around up to three spokes, or wrapped wround the central column like my bag was playing rodeo down there.

It's lucky I don't have easy access to a scissors, or I would go through a lot of straps.

3. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I too have experienced that ridiculous and frustrating scenario.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I keep my backpack far away from my rolling chair in my office for precisely that reason.

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    And now for something completely random:

1st, December 2012
    Cocoa, FL APR

The Empire has invaded Florida as seen here by a local witness driving by I-95 when the "bat signal" of the Imperial Emblem was spotted during a typical Floridian winter shower. Can you see it?

[​IMG]

Was just taking a random photo of a rainbow when the Emblem on the back of my phone reflected off the window. :D

Mitth_Fisto and s65horsey like this.
  6. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    It's official. God drives an ISD.

s65horsey likes this.
  8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    And it probably would have been as big of a disappointment as the first two were. SW FPS after the Dark Forces series have never lived up to the hype given. Why is it the best games are the ones with the poor graphics? lol

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I quite enjoyed Battlefront, but that was really sufficient for me. II threw in too much Force user nonsense, and then its LotR spiritual successors made it basically impossible to enjoy the game while being grunts, which kind of ruins the entire point.

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The Empire has invaded Florida as seen here by a local witness driving by I-95 when the "bat signal" of the Imperial Emblem was spotted during a typical Floridian winter shower. Can you see it?

Nope.

Battlefront on the PS2 is awesome.

For some reason, there is something fundamental about the second one that spoils it, though I can play the Kashyyyk pier level for ages.

11. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    Can the GM in Dungeons and Dragons bring characters back to life if the god they worship so "chooses"?

12. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Raise Dead or Resurrection both require a "willing subject" for the spell to work, so it actually doesn't matter whether the god approves or not. All that matters is the consent of the departed.

13. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    Huh. He was unwilling.............. he wanted to die because of what another guy did to his character after putting him in the asylum.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Well...

Since God = The GM...
    Pretty much anything he says, goes! ;)

Especially, if the character did something noteworthy.

~[face_coffee]~

There's my ten cents worth..hehehe

*edit*
    Wow..Didnt want to be brought back?
    Sounds like an NPC..hehehe

15. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    Well, he was turned into a camel and sold into camel slavery and then rescued after the campaign. So he died when another guy killed him, because for some strange reason the character ironically hated camels....... and no one knew and believed him until we saw it typed on his note papers. So it was pretty funny, up until the whole slavery thing.

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Your campaigns actually sound like a lot of fun.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Sounds like the kinds of games I used to play with my buds after we'd had a few.

"DUDE. DUDE YOU SHOULD PLAY AS A MONKEY."
    "DUUUUUUDE."
    "AND THEN TRY TO RIDE A CHICKEN!"
    "HELL YEAH, MAN!"
    "Alright... alright.... **** I'm drunk. Yo, [DM], I ride a chicken."
    "The chicken attacks you, man!"
    "OH **** ME! ... Pass the bottle."
    "CHICKEN CRITS."
    "OH SNAP."
    "KILLER POULTRY!"

That happened. Later the monkey's ghost haunted the party paladin. It was... a strange campaign.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    BOOOOOOORED!

BLEH!

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Those are always the best campaigns. Reminds me of one I played in back in high school. One of the guys was a Rat Ranger. Yes... a rat ranger.

Huh... and the image he used is still online.

http://www.elfwood.com/art/j/a/jameyson/rat.jpg

EDIT: Well for some reason on my browser the image wont show up, so I dont know if its working or not so I'll put it as a link. The url is correct.
    [​IMG]

20. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Ramza in Dreaming in the Dark? And I can't understand a third of his CS? This is going to be interesting.

ma_petite, Ramza and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's simple, you just have to realize that he's going to Acapulco to have some fun.

22. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007

Me too.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I've found, over the years, that a sure-fire cure for boredom is to put on some Dylan and work some math problems. The hours just melt away.

24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Considering I have a very healthy dislike for math...wouldn't work for me :p

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    But, see, the reason you dislike math is you associate it with tedious rote calculations that are so trivial they were rigorously verified over a thousand years ago (Certain "axioms" of geometry taken as truth notwithstanding). One should tussle with real math, which is full of amusement, like the Hairy Ball Theorem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.