main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will there be Stormtroopers?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Ichor_Razor, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    [​IMG]

Please let this happen!

2. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I was wondering how long it was going to take :p

3. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I didn't know that. Where did you hear this?

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    AOTC director's commentary.

5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I'd guess that there could possibly be some, sure. If there are Imperial remnants, and left over governors who haven't ceded, there could be rag-tag storm troopers left.

I think more likely is that you'd have a ton of deserters. Perhaps the movie could cross paths with fugitives, or storm troopers for hire. Guys wearing bits and pieces of old, degraded storm trooper armor. Chest and helmet pieces with blast and burnt sections. Or just guys wearing random bits and pieces. It could be symbolic of what the stage the Empire is in, 30/40 years after the fall.

I'd also be for a New Republic Soldier, wearing a peace keeping, good-guy-side armor.

TreborSabreon and fishtailsam like this.
  6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    The current EU has sort-of-stormtroopery armor for good-guy soldiers. You can see their faces, anyway.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In The Essential Guide to Warfare, we find out that there do exist femtrooper recruiting posters. The actual female stormtroopers laugh at them.

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope so, but give them a new type of armor.

9. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    No wonder!

10. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    They only used clones to get started then the used recruits! Common knowledge man.

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Troopers are a cool idea, but id also like to see battle driods on the republic side of things.Like every tropper could have a battle driod sidekick or helper. The troopers should look nothing like the Clonetroopers or Storm Troopers from the fox films, they should have a totally new design for the new generation of fans supporting these movies, give them that Halo bulk look & make the armor no be white.

12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003

13. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Considering the empire is weak after the battle of endor I wouldn't be surprised to see very few storm troopers if any at all in the movies

14. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Who said that? EU? Must've been because I don't remember anything in the movies about the troopers being recruits. They were grown at Kamino. EU is not cannon. Episodes I-VI are.

15. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Interviews from George Lucas throughout the years. For the record, I can't stand the EU! There's also a also a Star Wars Military guide book thing and it deals with it in there!

16. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Would the empire not be spread through out the entire Galaxy?

17. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Is it in there? I haven't taken the time to check that out! There you go gregvader, 2 sources to check out. Happy hunting, maybe that's how the New Zealand accent disappeared!.

18. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    They would be, but the Emperor sent his best troops to Endor as part of the trap to destroy the alliance. Any troops left would be lower quality.

19. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    On the other side the brutally murdered Owen and Beru and burned the bodies!

20. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Yeah but what is their strength across the galaxy? This is something the OT didn't get specific about. (and with good reason.) Regional governors with garrisons?

The main fleet suffered a decisive defeat at the battle of Endor. The super-star destroyer and flagship of the Imperial Fleet was shot down and the Admiral went with it. The two head guys of the Empire, the Emperor and his apprentice, are dead, and the second death star, which cost god only knows how much money and resources and slave-labor was destroyed with the Grand Moff on board. That's a crushing defeat. It's doubtful the fleet could reorganize and come under a new central command fast enough to prevent star systems from rebelling against their local governors and openly joining the rebellion, which would now be claiming to be the new government and calling itself the New Republic or something along those lines.

21. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Palpatine is a lying old freak. He probably thought it would be a laugh to send his worst troops to deal with the ewoks!

22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Sounds awesome. Got an image?

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Republic_trooper

LawJedi likes this.
  24. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    He never left anything else up to chance.

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks, that's interesting. Unfortuntely, like most EU things, the design sense is off, but the idea is interesting.