main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Wish List

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Iiiiiiiiiiii kind of want to take that up out of sheer morbid curiosity but there's no way my schedule will allow it. :(

2. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    As a little consolation price, I can say that my next game will be system based, but I am afraid I´ll avoid D&D and it´s mechanics as long as possible. I had to suffer through that system once and that´s enough for a lifetime :p But a system-based game might be coming along anyway.

3. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Begging for a zombie game right now! :p I would attempt one myself, maybe a little short adventure, but I've already got two others in the works. If anyone could do a good old fashioned zombie game, they could consider me in. :)

HanSolo29 likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh man, I know how you feel. I'm currently watching The Walking Dead on Netflix right now in an attempt to get caught up in time for the season premiere on Sunday and I'm hooked. It's the perfect season with Halloween right around the corner as well. I would be tempted to try my hand at a game, but I'm not sure if a zombie game would be the right thing to start out with.

5. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Well, I'd be here to help you if you wanted to start a zombie game. :D Especially with, like you said, Halloween being right around the corner.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...like I said, it's definitely tempting. I'll really need to think it over and see if I can come up with a decent story.

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Well, I know the audience is here. :) I think just about everybody was hoping for a good zombie game.

8. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I think all have say here is "Brains."

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ugh, zombies... :p

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Except the Romero zombies weren't all about the brains. They were hungry for any kind of flesh. That is what I will be modeling the zombies after.

I started to work out a story, so we will see where it goes.

And come on, Peng, you know you like it! :p

spycoder9 likes this.
  11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I would love to see one of those ... Zombies are made for RPing in my humble opinion. Much more than any other monster Hollywood uses.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I think I have a story I can work with. I'm jotting down notes and starting to put things together, so I'll see if I can have this up within the next couple of weeks. I promise some scary zombie action, but this will be more of a character piece. Hopefully that won't deter people from playing.

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    So Romero's Zombies are more like hard to kill, dimwitted, cannibals? Why is this making me wonder if there's a trop for that :p

14. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Well, sounds like a game which takes zombies serious. After all the apocalypse, zombie or otherwise, is always about the humans in it. Apocalypse is simply a very human story.

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, after reading the first of the entries in the Star Wars: Episode VII contest, I would love to have an actual game. I'm not sure if I'm alone in that thinking, but just thought I'd throw it out there!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Okay, Sinre jumped first. I´ll do mine later the week and actually . . . I know Fin is working on one, too. Who else will join the competition?

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have been pleased with the feedback so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing the other entries. Not Campaigning is surprisingly hard... I'm very good at it! *blush* I didn't think I would jump first!

18. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I'm working on one. :D Don't know if it'll be able to come up in time, but I'm working on something nevertheless. :)

HanSolo29 and Sinrebirth like this.
  19. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I thought about something, but then I heard a very similar idea from someone else and now I need to rethink . . . if I don´t come up with anything, I´ll simply watch and probably vote.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I was going to enter, but then I remembered that I'm the judge. :p

But seriously - nice to see interest being generated. Just as planned.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Wish List entry: I'd like to see a slower-paced game that goes into greater depth with a smaller cast of characters. Something that will really let people stretch their prose muscles.

22. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Thinking about it, I would say the GM does not have that much influence on speed, if he does not attempt to deliberatly slow his game down.

23. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    True, but I feel with Peng here. A game where the characters are the prime interest and explored would be nice. we had none since . . . you know what . . . ended.

Penguinator likes this.
  24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Beyond that, just a slower update pace, with more thought; I haven't had much free time these past six months, so a slower pace would have helped me immensely. As it was, I wound up joining things I couldn't keep pace with.

And I put that wish here because it's a wish :p

25. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Weeeellll...my newest idea can be like that. Depends on just how long I want to drag out the part on Tython.