main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ok, the Fox fanfare? Necessary or not now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by budspencer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Its foolish to gripe about something they can not control. The fox fanfare is exclusive to
    A Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    These are only Star War films that will ever feature the wonderful Fox fanfare
    Like Mr Lars said...Except it.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    A New Hope will eventually be the only one. After what 2015? the rights for distribution for all the other films turn over to Disney.

3. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Re read my post.

4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    If there's a McDonald's tie-in instead of a Burger King one Star Wars is dead to me.

5. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Do you own ep1-6 on home video?

6. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    The fanfare is all about marketing. Everything someone hears it, they think star wars is gonna start for some reason. Even i get caught with it. Disney sits on the mount Everest of cash. What would it be to them to pay fox 1-10 million dollars to have the fanfare when they know that if they have a star wars movie that has Luke Skywalker in it ( for even a second ) that it will probably generate over 1 billions dollar in revenue worldwide.

I am sure that Disney is of the mind frame to please the older OT fans more than the possible PT clone wars lovers. They have other movies in line after the Sequels to attract new people. They need a gun with a big bang and they need to make the movie has authentic and as faithful to the original material as possible "if" this is a continuation of Luke's and the gang's story.

With money you cant achieve anything. Case in point we got the proof in our face. Disney bought Marvel and Bought Star Wars, they can pony up the money for the fanfare. And if Fox is not run by fools, they could make big money out of that....

7. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010

As trivial or as stupid you can find this thread to be, everyone is entitled to discuss what they want without being muzzled by censors. Just because "you" say so does not mean that everyone agrees or has to agree with your chain of thought. This forum should be "somewhat" of a democracy for discussion and not a place to enforce debilitating censorship or muzzle people if they want to talk about something or anything. whether its wishful thinking or not.

nuff said!

8. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I never said it was trivial or stupid: the subject has already had its own thread at least twice, they usually Lock such threads. Peace out!

9. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010
    You know this kind o thing is bound to repeat itself. You close it and one new member comes in two months later and re-opens another thread about it. Now if there was some sticky threads with a specific topic that the mods know is gonna be repeated over and over then we would not be having this discussion aren't we....

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Please the OLDER OT FANS?? Why & for what? Those days ARE over.The Disney Trilogy will not have the wonderfully made FOX fanfare. Disney will do their own thing. New days for new fans. Let the new generation enjoy star wars Disney style.

11. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't know if too many have pointed out that Lucasarts has been using the opening scroll motif for eons without ever having the Fox fanfare. I can't think of a SW game that hasn't had the hamhanded scrolll (usually used repeatedly throughout one game). They usually just open on a silent, black screen with the "a long time ago..." shot.

12. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm sorry to say, it won't be there anymore. It's gone.

13. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    lol well its not gone, its just apart of 1-6 where it belongs. The new next generation Disney Star wars movies will not have the Fox fanfare & they don't need to have it either. Let Disney do what they want it belongs to them now. If one wants to hear the fanfare watch 1-6.

14. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Sincerely, i don't care about the Fox fanfare. People is too romantic about these kind of things.

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Fox at least attempts to score the distribution rights for these at well. They're pretty vicious about that; everyone remembers the mess with Watchmen, right?

16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    If they traded them for the rights to their Marvel properties, it could be a nice win-win.

17. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Ooh I really like this idea.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Cuz I want it that way, darn it!

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should just have the Fox fanfare and Disney Fanfare playing at the same time when the Disney logo appears.
    "Oh God! Blood is spurting out of my ears! No one should live like this!"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I would love the "Mickey Mouse Club Theme" to be the studio fanfare.

Padme501st and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    For me...it would really be wierd not to have that tied into the Star Wars opening theme.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should just have every single studio fanfare play at once.

Padme501st likes this.
  23. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I've only read the first and last pages of this thread, so I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but the coda of the fanfare was written by John Williams expressly for the SW films, and it doesn't appear on any non-SW Fox film. That, at least, could be/should be used over the Lucasfilm logo to segue into the SW theme. A military snare roll should accompany this, IMO, because it fits so perfectly with the martial themes of the Saga, given that "war" is right there in the title.

24. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010

Ok now i am really confused....

i thought it was this dude that invented the fanfare...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/20th_Century_Fox_Fanfare

can you clarify what you mean?

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Might not be a Disney logo infront of it even.

Could just open with LucasFilm, then A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far away..

Though like it's been stated, again, and again, the opening won't the same traditional 'wish upon a Star' opening.

More like this:

Padme501st likes this.