main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Just speculation, but:

If the Republic successfully captured the encryption module, the Separatists would simply stop using the codes that used it.

A better solution: send a bunch of buffoons on a mission to steal it. But the real mission is to switch it with a fake that will let the Republic listen in. So the team is supposed to get caught, and the Separatists are supposed to get their module back - but the one they get back will be the fake. Only one of the team - a droid - knows what the real mission is, so under questioning, the rest of the team will insist that the story about stealing the module is true. As for the one droid that knows the truth, it can self-wipe the memory of the real mission when it gets captured.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its a really cool idea. So these are something like encrypted listening devices. The idiots think they are stealing it when they are actually switching it. So the republic will gain intelligence that way. Kinda makes the rest of the story with these next four episodes look pointless however.

3. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    As far as droid adventures on the show goes, I must say that I think 'Mercy Mission' and 'Nomad Droids' were better than this one; they were more fun.

4. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Maybe not. Remember, the droids did get away with the module. Now the Separatists have to track them and try to get it back. But it can't be too easy.

Remember that episode of Babylon 5 where Sheridan sent a White Star crew on a suicide mission so that the Shadows could get their hands on some data that would lead them into an ambush? Remember what Sheridan told them - basically "Sorry, guys, but this has to look good. If it's too easy, they might not buy it". So the next three episodes could be the Separatists chasing the droids so that getting the module back isn't too easy.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Will Darth Maul appear in this arc at all?

6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That sort of plot twist - a deception of Gascon and the other droids by R2-D2 and the Jedi - would provide some value to the subsequent episodes. Three episodes focusing on the droids' escapades through comet storms and encounters with AWOL clones would be mere filler.

7. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    In the future I think this arc will be more known as the "Republic Commando " ARC.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And I'm left wondering how difficult it would be to track down some droids.

This arc needed people, not the "Droids are people." lesson. What do you think we'd be saying if a combo of Jedi and clones were in disguise in place of the droids?

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I really doubt it. Why would it be!? That is like calling The Young Jedi arc The Illum arc cause Illum was the center stage for one episode.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I misread this post like we were talking about a future arc. I don't think so.

11. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    In the future I think this arc will be more known as the "R2 loves QT" arc!

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah, glad I'm not the only one shipping R2. <<;

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  13. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Security through obscurity. Asking someone to find a specific astromech droid in the Star Wars galaxy is like asking someone to find a specific iPod in our world. The problem isn't tracking one down, it's finding the right one among the innumerable millions of them out there.

14. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    @Narutakikun's idea trumps any I could come up with.

The reaction of Anakin that his "little brother Artoo" was in serious danger from orders of the Council - that were kept from Skywalker.

R2's undercover name can be.....hmmmm... Arto-a Deeto-a

15. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    If you wanted to get reeeeeeeeeally dark, it could be that R2 doesn't know about the real mission (perhaps it's QT or one of the other droids that does), and that a side benefit of the mission is that the Council, concerned about Anakin's excessive attachments, has decided to get rid of two problems at once by sending a droid that Anakin is getting too attached to on a suicide mission.

I doubt that's really it. But it's interesting to speculate about.

Valairy Scot and Order66Survivor like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, its interesting to speculate on.

Anakin was in the room with R2 when Mace was explaining the mission. It would mean the council flat out lied to his face. It would be the 2nd along with the Rako Hardeen arc.

17. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Gosh, with the Council lying to Anakin like that, you'd almost think he'd start getting disillusioned with the Jedi, and might even be made more vulnerable to turning to the dark side ;)

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gosh, I never would have thought of that without your wisdom to guide me to that conclusion my fine sir.

19. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I had hoped the winky would deliver the: "I'm with you, not being snarky" message.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awkward enough yet?

Yeah I'm with ya. To bad its not going to happen like that. At most something kinda interesting will come off the fancy flash drive.

21. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Filoni blasts imperial march behind an Anakin SCOWL

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin where are you?

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    The 'flash drive' was described as an "ercyption module" and what was said by the either the newsreel or Mace (I forget which) seemed to indicate that the piece was required to decrypt the half-intercepted Separatist message. Loosely reminds me of a GFFA-style Nazi Enigma machine.

In other words, I don't think that there's anything on the module, rather it is a tool used to get at the goodies. I could be wrong, though.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    So then its a key. That doesn't make a big difference to me. When someone says 'encrypted module' to a computer geek like me I think of either protected data storage or a protected data transmission, so that's why it sounded like a flash drive to me. Flash drives IRL can also be used as 'encryption keys' to decrypted files on other media.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That is my understanding, yes.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.