main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Blowback from killing Jabba du Hutt?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BigAl6ft6, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Yeah sorry that's what I meant, I would like them to take that storyline from the EU and put that one the screen in some way, preferably with Karrde but if not then with some character.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I liked the premise of Darksaber, but they aren't using EU material!! Shame it would make perfect sense to have the Hutts as the villains for at least this film. They don't fall for Jedi mind tricks and didn't Jabba say something about fighting Jedi before?

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Jabba's line about "killing your kind back when Jedi meant something" I'm fairly certain was in the shooting script, doesn't make it into the flick, but it's definitely in the novel / comic. You see that in ROTJ with Ben's whole speech about Anakin falling into "that molten pit" too.

4. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    The Hutts have been in power of a planet or system since nearly the beginning of the formation of the republic. My question is how does these fat slime of a creature control people for all this time without being wiped out through out thousands of centuries of fighting in the galaxy? I know a hutts life can last hundreds of years. I am just shocked at how another alien creature just hasn't killed them off when they're so slow, yeah they're smart but so what? And how did Beldorion the hutt ever become a Jedi? I'd love to see that green slime in action with a light saber, I'd laugh so hard I would fall to the ground.

5. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Just let it go. I don't understand this constant need to stretch minor characters and subplots across the entire saga. The underworld wasn't a subplot in Ep. 4-5, it was a couple of throw away lines and an awesome bar-killing scene to make Solo more of a round character, and not a flat plot-pusher character like the ones that litter the PT. Lucas considered not even doing the Jabba sequence in ROTJ and just getting on with the main plot but he felt (and correctly, I might add) that the fans would want to see the Solo situation resolved and not avoided.

There needs to be interesting, likeable, (or love-to-hate) characters that live and die within the same trilogy and even the same Episode. It makes the story much more interesting and makes room for new interesting, likeable, (or love-to-hate) characters, instead of stretching out the same few. Characters need to be killed off and moved on from so new ones can take their place. It makes the SW universe more diverse and interesting. Read Song of Fire and Ice (or watch HBO's Game of Thrones) to see this done well.

Don't be afraid to kill off your characters and move on. George Martin isn't. J.K. Rowling (for the most part) isn't. Stephanie Meyer is terrified of killing characters which is one of the faults of Twilight. Which brings me to EU. Death is no consequence in EU. How am I supposed to be emotionally invested in ANY character in the EU and fear for their well being when they can just be cloned or put back together or some such nonsense. I mean Darth Maul got bisected and fell god knows how far and EU brought him back. How am I supposed to take that seriously.

And Lucas "considering" putting an extra scene of Fett escaping in the special edition of ROTJ is just cow-towing to the fans. He created Fett and killed him off in the OT like it was just another day at the office. Because back then, it was. He would've gone on and made a new interesting character like him to take his place. But then he got to tinkering and sucking up to the fans and that's how we got Jango Fett. It's also how we got less and less of Jar Jar. Do you think he would've had the parts he had in AOTC and ROTS if he had been as loveable as R2 and Chewie? Hell no! He would've been with the protagonists for every step of the way. (and I realize those 2 examples aren't necessarily bad things-I'm just making a point.)

I mean, it's getting ridiculous. Just let them go. Did EU bring Jango back? I'd be suprised if they didn't-whats a little beheading? I wish Luke would've cut Boba in half like Obi did to Maul before his heads and tails tumbled into the Sarlacc. But I'm sure some EU author would've had him blast his top half out of the Sarlacc and go to the nearest limb-replacement store and get fixed up so he can further stretch out and dilute his character and mystique.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I ain't saying the Hutts are going to be the giant bad guy of the ST, nor would I want them to, but they kinda pop up throughout the series. Going 3 movies without a single reference to the Hutts, or what Leia & company did to them would be a little odd to say the least.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Also, maybe it's just me, but I don't think having Solo on the run from Jabba the Hutt and being taken by a bounty hunter to the aforementioned space gangster at the end of "Empire" exactly constitutes a couple of throwaway lines. That's pretty much what you call a subplot. Because it affects the main plot.

8. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    If a Hutt puts a Gungan's head in Leia's bed...THEN we have a movie.

9. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    ^ hahaha that would be amazing.

10. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Considering the possibility that it's common knowledge that those who killed Jabba were also responsible for destroying two Death Stars and killing the Emperor and Vader (who very few know is Anakin), how likely would they actually be in seeking revenge?

11. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Best idea I have seen on here! The underworld would be right in there to, with the immediate vacuum, left by the Empires demise! Could lead to some very nasty repercussions for our heros. I don't want too many Hutt's smiling around though

12. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Very likely! Gangsters man, all about revenge!!!

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Rebo's not dead!

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Jabba's not dead. He just went to sleep after Leia strangled him. Hutt's can't die.

15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't see it happening mostly because I expect the ST to take place about 30 years post ROTJ in which case working in a revenge plot would seem clunky and unrealistic. I mean that would bve a dish served carbonite froze.

Alexrd likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Khan didn't seem to mind.

KHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!

17. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, that's the person who was "wronged." The being wronged was Jabba and who really cares that he's dead anyway. Probably the Hutts don't even care.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Good point. I just wanted to say Khan.

KKKHHHAAAAANNNN!!!

19. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Gangsters don't die, they multiply...kick it for me Ice T...

I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
    King of my jungle just a gangster stalking
    Living life like a firecracker quick is my fuse
    Then dead as a deathpack the colors I choose
    Red or Blue, Cuz or Blood, it just don't matter
    Sucker die for your life when my shotgun scatters
    We gangs of Tatooine will never die - just multiply

Panakas_Dawg, BigAl6ft6 and LawJedi like this.
  20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Jabba does have a son, who may well want revenge for his death.

21. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh god, I forgot that belching little absurdity is canon.:oops:

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Hutts can live a long time, so his son wouldn't be particularly old. May well be that if his son wanted revenge he would have to rely on others, another older Hutt or perhaps an organisation such as Black Sun which he could aid with whatever fortune he inherited from Jabba (one assumes he still had the Palace and was able to keep control of parts of his father's criminal empire).

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Didn't Jabba have a dad named Zorba the Hutt? Or was that all a horrible nightmare that should not be mentioned again?

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    No, it's official board policy that we HAVE to acknowledge it. ;)

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No that's not true! That's impossible!