main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Obi-one= Anakin?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Skelter, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Um, okay...but I was serious. What in the movies do you characterize as "stupid" as opposed to non-sensical, out-of-character, or puzzling? We all know the dictionary definition, but I'm not sure how that definition applies to the movies, hence my question to you. Or was "stupid" just an ill-chosen word in hindsight?

2. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Topic officially derailed.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    things that are non-sensical, out of character, or puzzling could easily be considered to be "stupid"

as far as examples there's no way i can remember many of the top of my head but the main ones i can think of right now would be:
    - Jar Jar Binks/Gungans
    - The kid as Anakin Skywalker --> it was hard to watch and take seriously
    - Dialogue between Anakin/padme and pretty much the whole relationship

Thats all i can think of atm, try googling that question and i'm sure you'll find heaps of other answers

Like i said though, I've watched each movie 30 times each and will continue to watch them and the only things that really annoy me regularly are those^

4. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ And those 3 things are "plenty of things that are stupid"? Three?

I'd agree that Jar Jar was overplayed for the kiddies (in ONE movie of the 3 prequels) but I'm not sure I'd call it stupid, just too-kid-oriented.
    Kid Anakin? He wasn't bad, although certainly there were a couple of scenes I'd like to have reshot (different takes) and I'd like his taking out of the ship in TPM to be less "luck" and I'd like a bit more "niceness" mixed in with the teen angst in AoTC...
    Dialogue: It wasn't any worse than in the OT, although I wish there'd been more chemistry between Hayden and Natalie.

Personally, I think there was too much pod-racing and mindless "thrills" and Jar Jar buffoonary at the expense of story from time to time in TPM (as well as the Anakin/Padme & droid hijinks on Geonosis) but those are things I'd hardly call "stupid." But that's me.

5. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    lol u people will really try and have an argument about anything won't you.
    what a ridiculous argument
    i'm out

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    EXCUSE me - I thought we were having a DISCUSSION! Was I supposed to blanket agree with you? Or I guess agree with "you people"? Or just maybe "you people" are too touchy?

Reducing it to "you people" sounds horrible, doesn't it? So I shall refrain from using it again, even as an example.

8. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    lmao and now it is about the use of the term "you people" . . . at least find something relevant or interesting to disagree with, seriously

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Yessir. I agree. Then on that, I disagree.

:D