main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Jedi Temple and the Senate in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Dec 2, 2012.

1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I've been thinking about wether we would return to some familiar prequel locations in the sequels. I rewatched the ending of Return of the Jedi just to have a look at Coruscant and it turns out between the time of the Special Editions and the 2004 DVD release those scenes were revised to show the Jedi Temple and Senate building survived the Galactic Civil War. Perhaps this was done intentionally for the sequels thinking these locations would find their way into them someday?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd like to see the Ruins of the zJedi temple as a backdrop for some investigation or something...the senate chamber no thanks. Reminds me of the 80% sitting around/walking around talking about drivel we us in the PT

3. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    knowing Palpatine, he probably blew it up somehow.

4. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Doesn't look like the temple is in ruins though, they even left the lights on! I don't think after Palpatine died they decided to trash the place. Maybe he turned it into a Sith museum? :)

5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'm not sure if this was a deliberate attempt to connect the end of ROTJ to the ST, but either way I think it would make a lot of sense if it worked out that way.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Palpatine used to throw wild house parties in the Jedi Temple. Everyone came. Even Jar-Jar.

7. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Yeah... lemon parties.

8. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    According to EU info on the matter, the senate building was dismantled and the Impirial palace was built in it's place. The Jedi temple survives for some reason, though. I never figued out why...perhaps some info on that in the wook? I think I'll check that...

9. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Sorry about the images here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    =D=

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually they could totally make a movie out of this idea in the vein of The Great Gatsby.

The Great Palpy

12. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Considering Luke is the only Jedi left it depends how many years have passed by. At least a decade must pass by before Luke even has a school up and running now if they want to make it when Luke is in his 60's and his niece and nephew are teenagers who are Jedi padawans ok then you can put the temple

13. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow. Even Jar-Jar. [face_hypnotized]

14. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I never liked the idea of the jedi temple being on Coruscant.
    It doesn't seem like the idealic location to train pupils on the virtues of abstention when they are perpetually surrounded by decadence and whoremongering.
    I would prefer to see a new temple in a more natural environment like Yavin IV or Endor.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah except he'd always get kicked out early due to drunken schenanigans.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  16. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    The Jedi don't forbid sex, only attachments. It actually makes sense they allow their members to let out some steam ;) The Temple on Coruscant also signifies the Jedi's close ties with the Senate and the government (which turned out to be their undoing).

I wouldn't be surprised if they go for something different, more spiritual leadership rather than political. In which case, a remote dojo would be more appropriate.

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I could see the ST starting out with the Temple on Coruscant, but having it be somewhere else by the end of the trilogy.

18. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    If Luke is training a bunch of padawans then he would be doing it somewhere remote, I mean you'd hope that the one thing that the Jedi learnt after ROTS was "Hey it might not be all that safe having your Jedi Temple somewhere known to everyone".

19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I don't think we'll see the temple until the very end of Ep. 9. I think things will start off small in Ep. 7.

If it's just Luke, and he's either searching for new jedi, or training Leia/Hans kids, there's no need to a huge temple. I don't think we'll see the Temple until the galaxy needs the Order reinstated.

Instead of having all of that happen off-screen before Ep. 7, it would be really interesting to see HOW it's reinstated. In a way, the Empire was overthrown in Ep 6, with just average citizens. They blew up the death star, whether or not Luke actually saved his father moments before. Regular citizens probably see it as an ancient religion, not in need of any longer. And I think that's what Ep. 7 will be about. A new threat immerges and the order will get reinstated at some point in the later half of the ST.

20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I wouldn't say that's a given. If the Sith are really destroyed now and the Republic wants the Jedi back, then I don't necessarily see any reason to be secretive about it. And regardless of why the Temple was included in ROTJ, I think its presence at the end of that movie is significant, and shouldn't be ignored.

21. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Did you miss the part where all those padawan children were slaughtered?

If I was Yoda, the one thing I'd tell Luke is not to cosy up to the government, stay hidden away and serve your own agenda.

22. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    But why would that still be the case after 30 years have passed? It just doesn't seem logical to me that Luke would wait that long before reinstating the Jedi Order, and I would think that the Republic would need them sooner than that. I could see Episode VII beginning in a similar situation that Episode I began in, only with the ability for everyone involved to choose the right path where they didn't before.

23. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    They were slaughtered by the Sith. Presumably the Sith are no longer a threat.

24. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

Well. Why did Yoda and Ben wait for Luke to grow up? According to their customs they should have been training Luke from day one. Hell. Why didn't they go after the Emperor and Vader themselves? Because they were listening to the Force. And I think that's what Luke is doing. He'll reinstate the order when the Force let's him know it's time.

Look at it this way. When an Empire, or any governing body is taken down, there's a vacuum of power, and a lot to rebuild and settle out. The galaxy wouldn't even know who is running the place, and Luke is supposed to walk up the Jedi Temple steps and sit in that huge temple all by himself, all while training force sensitives. I just don't see it.

I see Luke searching for knowledge. Listening to the Force. Training a few new Jedi. The citizens just toppled the Empire. They have a lot of work to do. I mean, most knew of Vader, and probably knew he had Jedi Powers. Perhaps they don't want Jedi running around, setting up huge Temples for themselves, going off on missions and ordering people around. From their point of view, they just got rid of that.

I think...when the government is built back up, probably with the help of Leia, and when they're presented with a new threat, and they NEED the Jedi because they have no choice, that's when the Jedi Order will get reinstated.

25. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    You make some interesting points, but here's my problem. The citizens didn't just topple the Empire. Even leaving aside that Luke and his gang were the ones responsible for the defeat of the Empire, and therefore would likely be welcomed into positions of power within the Republic, the fact is that the amount of time that has passed since Episode VI will most likely be over a decade longer than the Empire even existed to begin with, so that vacuum of power should be pretty well filled by this point.