main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 27, 2012.

1. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I'd hate them to reprise their roles too - Han and Leia should have moved on, married and got kids. And their love triangle with Luke would really suck...[face_sick] I'd like to see some character development in there. ;)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    just one question, if the characters are supposed to be in their 60's, how are the actors too old to play the characters when they are the same age?

Merlin_Ambrosius69 likes this.
  3. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    They're the perfect age to play the age they are. Kenobi, Dooku, Palpatine, Riekan, Tarkin, Dodonna, Owen and Beru -- all are 50+ or even 60+ and are integral characters (some minor) in the OT and PT. The idea is to have them in smaller roles that pass the torch (or light saber) to the new generation.

ETA: Semi-ninja'd. :mad:

4. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    The actors from the original trilogy have aged quite a bit. I believe that Luke will be in the film but Mark Hamil should not be the one to play them. If they come back as another character that would just be a shame.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Disney would be foolish not to have an older Luke, Leia and Han in the movie, even if it a minor role. Even if I heard the movie sucked I would go just to see those three reprise their characters. I would even go see the movie if I heard Jar Jar returns in a leading role...as long as I could see Jedi Master Luke.

kataja likes this.
  6. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    You've ignored every counter-point we just made. Congratulations!

T-R- and Jedi_Lover like this.
  7. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    Actually I was just expressing my own opinion. Of course I would like to see the actual characters in the new films just not the original actors who played them. They are just a bit too old to portray those roles. I also feel that some recent updated pictures of those actors will give you all the information you need to know.

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [face_laugh] I think the younger generation thinks they are going to be stuck watching a movie with centenarian Jedi with LifeLine Medical Alert buttons hanging around their necks battling Sith using Rascal Chairs to get around.

I am sure their are going to be young and beautiful actors and actresses playing the next generation of Jedi...perhaps the children of the Solos or a kid Luke had.

The recent photos of Mark and Carrie show people in their 60s. And that is perfect if they are portraying their characters 50 ABY. Mark should lose weight if he is portraying a warrior Jedi, but that is easily done. If you cast other better looking but equally old actors to portray these characters there will be some angry OT loving fans.

9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    If the charcters are 60 do you still feel that the actors are too old?

They would be the same age.

Krueger likes this.
  10. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    And if the characters are the same age as the actors portraying them? The basis for your opinion tends to crumble at that point.

ETA: Ninja'd yet again! [face_blush]

11. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

Now everybody is happy!

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Only if you are going to start the movie right after ROTJ.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004

Exactly. I’ve noticed that people are conveniently ignoring this point. I really do think a lot of people are showing just how shallow they really are. Recasting would be the worst thing to happen to this film. It would create a s###storm like no other and would serve to damage the new film almost beyond repair.

Artoo-Dion , T-R- and Jedi_Lover like this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The only reason for a recast would be if they are starting EP7 right after ROTJ and that doesn't make much sense. I think people wouldn't mind seeing the older characters in EP7 around 40-50 ABY and along side the younger Jedi. Then you don't see the older generation much in EP8-9 if at all. They will be passing the torch.

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I completely agree. If the reaction to Greedo shooting 1st and Hayden replacing Shaw show us anything, it's that changing the original gets p###sed on more than any other thing.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Maybe Felicia didn't notice the old people in the OT and PT. Maybe she fast forwards or skips the scenes with Guiness as Kenobi, Lee as Dooku, Palpatine, Tarkin, Dodonna, Riekan, Owen and Beru, or for that matter, Yoda. "Wrinkles? UGH!" [hits remote]"I want young, rosy flesh in my Star Wars films! Senile old flabby gray-haired characters, begone from my sight!"

Any of this getting through, Felicia?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [face_laugh] Don't be too harsh Merlin. You have a Jedi Youngling that signed up today (unless it's a sock).

I thought Dooku was hot! The darkside didn't mess up his looks.

18. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I think you scared her off guys...I think she is long gone.

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I think one of the main problems is that (some) people have got it in their heads that Episode 7 will be set shortly after the events of ROTJ. That's the only reason I can think of as to why people are recommending recasting. If so, that will not be the case. Even Lucas said years ago that each trilogy would be set "decades apart”. I think that's all that needs to be said on that matter.

20. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    I think everyone missed my point. I do not mind see the older characters just not the actors who played them. No offense to them. I have seen the original trilogy and the new trilogy. If you look at the battle between Old Ben and Vader and compare it to Anakin and Ben on Mustafar you will see a big difference. I would hate to see those roles destroyed by clinging to the original cast members. As Yoda would say we must learn to let go of everything we are afraid to lose.

21. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Nobody here knows what you're talking about.

22. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    So you wouldn't mind an old Luke, Leia and Han as long as they're different actors? At least that what your post makes it sound like. If so, that would be an even bigger slap in the face to everyone, including the audience, the fans and, most importantly, the actors who arguable own those roles. So Luke Skywalker would be re-cast by an actor the same age as Mark Hamill, or maybe even older? That would go down well. If that's not what you meant, I apologise, but your post really makes it sound like that.

Also, I wouldn't worry about stiff old men fighting. Christopher Lee looked pretty good in AOTC and ROTS for someone who was well into his eighties. CGI was a great help, I'm sure. The technology will be even better by the time Episode 7 comes out.

23. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Well Christopher Lee (Dooku) has reach an age that I can only dream of reaching and did all right with the lightsaber battles.

BTW, if Luke Skywalker is in Episode 7, he will have as much screentime than Guinness had in Episode 4 and I can safely bet that he won't have the BIG duel of the movie.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree. I read the post and thought...:confused:

He looked awesome. He had me ready to go to the darkside. He was a silver fox.:D

25. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    Chrisotpher Lee used a body double during fight scenes. I really do not get how anyone has not seen pictures of the Original Trilogy cast and feels they should be in the new films. A lot of CGI was used in the Prequel Trilogy.