main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Part 4 Video Released

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by krtmd, Dec 3, 2012.

1. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012

George and Kathleen talk about the meaning of Star Wars. No director news. Sorry folks.

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Ah crap.

Echo-07, Pro Scoundrel and krtmd like this.
  3. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    and the director is................................ nope

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Balls.

Actually, watching the whole thing, I'm really glad GL is handing things over. Yes, what he talks about in broad strokes is interesting, but he struggled in the PT to make those issues feel really relatable to me. GL is talking about how being selfish polarises you into the evil camp. Kathy is talking about bad choices. I hope Kathy and the new writers/ directors are able to make the interesting issues GL envisages feel more human (as Kersh, Kasdan et al helped to do with the PT).

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Rubbish. I know they're nice to see, but I've pretty much lost interest in these videos. The only interesting one was the first one, and that was only because it was great to actually see Lucas acknowledging 7, 8 and 9 as real things.

Echo-07 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not surprised. A bit disappointed.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I did not expect them to announce the director during one of the video....but those are not bringing something new to the table.

8. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, at this point, releasing them in 2 minute segments seems a little silly. Especially now that we're clamoring for more info...

9. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Why did anyone expect the video to reveal the director?

This recording, released in parts, was shot in a day.

They hadn't yet decided on a director.

10. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    We can probably expect some kind of an announcement after the video series wraps up. There's what like two more of them?

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Strange that they're spacing these out like this, since there's no new information in any of them. Why not release the whole interview? What's the big secret?

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    One. It's a five part series.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Just one more.

14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Well, that was nice. They're very good at keeping that carrot dangling :D

15. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    To give Star Wars fans something to tide them over until there is more news. I'm sure this video will be seen in it's entirety in some form in the future.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    That video was akin to giving a starving guy a lump of coal to eat, excuse me if I don't lick my lips and break out the ketchup.

17. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    lol it wasn't THAT bad. As a matter of fact I'd say in retrospect it's more interesting then simply saying "*Insert Name* will be the director of Epsiode VII".

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Nope. :)

19. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Suggs - I just don't get these videos, what interesting fact or observation was in that video?

"Star Wars is about light and dark!"

Oh...right I see, very insightful...

^:)^

20. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    This video should be called "We Still Need George." While Kathleen is a very accomplished and experienced producer, and very good at waxing about the strengths of her films, I don't think she developed the knack for playing the MC of Star Wars. It's just too big, too complicated for her to vamp on for two minutes about its virtues. Filoni does a much better job of serving in this capacity. Frankly, I think even McCallum was much more convincing as a SW cheerleader.

Granted, that may not be her job. She may just end up filling an executive, guiding role, while some director or writer takes over as the face of the franchise. But if the purpose of this video is to pass the baton, then I'm very glad that George is still around to play Yoda for a while.

21. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I thought the dictator stuff was interesting. I love when Lucas talks anthropology. It's the best part of TPM commentary lol.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I actually wasn't expecting a director announcement, because they already talked about directors in Part 2. But, this is stuff everyone already knows. Why the long wait for this part?

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree. I think he has great insight into the human capacity to give away their freedom.

24. Avilos

Avilos Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 9, 2002
    Notice on the official site it says the next, last video will be released on December 31st. New Year's Eve.

I don't think thats a coincidence. Something is going to be revealed in that last part of the interview. Otherwise they would not have strung it out like this. Choosing a holiday, the end of one year, and the start of another is the perfect time to do so!

Darthsuggs likes this.
  25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Yeah, I agree. I suppose that if this video does one thing, it's to reassure us that Lucas still realizes very well what the foundation of Star Wars is, and we can safely assume that he's going to stay true to that with the new movies.

TreborSabreon and Darthsuggs like this.