main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Reading through Dreaming in the Dark, it looks like you guys are having fun. Of course, I gave up my chance back when it started, but it is an interesting read. The OOC parts are especially fun to read.

Especially the disbelief about the whole 'going to England' thing. I still can't tell if that is in-game or IRL myself :p

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Its real. I have been posting from England since yesterday!

[​IMG]

s65horsey likes this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    As you can tell, I've gotten started on this here Mother Lands soil to post once more! I live again!

Although seeing bucket head and mini-bucket head running around brings a lifting joy from jet lag ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    They are! Our GM and two other players know the books by heart, and are really imaginitive. Most of us have ADHD or in my case no filter of what not to say so it ends up really funny really fast.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh, that does sound fun :D

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm in the middle of making a new game myself. Hopefully it will be up soon! :D

7. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    For everyone's listening pleasure, whether you watch the show or not:

I recommend 720p and full volume :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    He had good music on NuBSG and he does on The Walking Dead too. Thanks for that.

[​IMG]

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That has a nice and interesting quality to it. Haven't watched either of those shows Bardan, so to me this is a first listening.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I had a marathon to get through the first and second seasons and then DRL got in the way and I haven't really had the chance to see Season 3. But from what I saw, I love the show. It's very well done.

As for BSG, that show is amazing. No more comments needed. ;)

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Both are good shows I would recomend them. Walking Dead had it's midseason finale last night but picks back up in Feb. I thought BSG kind of lost itself for a bit towards the end. Unlike alot of others, I enjoyed the finale though. To each their own.

Here is McCreary's take on a classic.

[​IMG]

BLemelisk and HanSolo29 like this.
  13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    BSG got a little odd around mid-season 3 from what I heard. Of course, the finale was also a little odd.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I will say the scene where that song plays in the series was epic. I literally yelled at the TV screen at the revelations and an appearance of an old friend (I'll refrain from saying more because of spoilers). Good times! I need to re-watch the series on Netflix one of these days.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I received the series on DVD a few years ago for a Christmas present. I need to go back and watch them all again.

[​IMG]

16. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I watched Walking Dead. Saw the first episode and my thought had been that this was the greatest zombie show I've ever seen. But then more and more of the episodes came out and...eh...started to not find it so great anymore. I just don't like any of the characters. At all. The only two I did like were Daryl and Dale. Kind of gave up after the first season, tried again with season two when that was reaching its conclusion but...meh, don't really like it.

I'll hopefully give BSG a shot sometime in the near future. Blood and Chrome is slowly convincing me to watch the series >.>

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I am really liking Blood and Chrome so far. Never liked Dale, but Daryll.

[​IMG]

:p

[​IMG]

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I'm literally the only person in my family who doesn't like Walking Dead.

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I can kinda relate to that. Maybe that's another reason why I haven't really gotten into watching the third season. The character I enjoyed the most was killed off at the end of the second season. While it's true he could be perceived as the villain, I still liked him. Then again, he was damn fine to look at, so maybe I'm a bit biased. :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The first half of season three really picks it up. Much more like the pilot and first few episodes. Season two really slowed things down and the character's actions were highly dubious in my mind. I admit for a while there I was rooting for the zombies. :p

Sounds like someone was a Shane fan. :p

[​IMG]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    If so, my aunt hates you Solo :p

She HATED that guy.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    What can I say? I like the bad boys! :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  23. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah, I'm the only one in my family and at my job that doesn't like it >.>

Why I liked Dale though was because he seemed to be the only "good" character that was not only trying to not let the apocalypse get to him but destroy the group as well such as not telling anyone about having fixed the RV so that people don't get into a bad debate about leaving Sophia behind or not when they were looking for her.

Kind of odd. Usually I would find characters like Dale to be annoying but I liked him. But, granted, he was the only character that wasn't going insane, sexxing it up with everyone, or getting completely depressed.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Ok. So who is working on the Walking Dead and BSG RPGs? ;)

[​IMG]

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't watch the Walking Dead because I can't stand Robert Kirkman. Like, as a person. It's arguably the pithiest reason to ignore it, but it is nonetheless my rationale. :p

Penguinator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.