main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Part 4 Video Released

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by krtmd, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    well...we are talking about SW because of them..not only here... movie sites in general.......so they keep the momemtum going.

They are repetitive, but the headlines are all over the Internet (Star Wars - Video - Part 4)

Darthsuggs and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    No need to report until we have something to report.

JainaSoloYJK and FinleySlade like this.
  3. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    To me, it looks like she thinks that GL is going off on a little bit of a dry, academic tangent. She tries to divert back with the "bad choices" comment but then gives up. Luckily (or not if you think it's not an issue), all that dry, esoteric stuff (to me at least) can be filtered into something more relatable and dramatically engaging by Kennedy and the new team.

The problem was that in the PT, when GL clapped his hands and finished his point, there was no one who could say, um... George... isn't it a little bit more nuanced than "democracies give up their freedoms to evil people who are evil because they are selfish"?

I mean, I think GL is a great anthropologist and student of history, but saying "if you are selfish you become evil" is not the best reading of human nature to me.

Kennedy's take on the bad choices we make is more realistic.

I'm not saying that GL doesn't have a more layered take on it all, I'm sure he does. It's just that his expression and execution of those ideas isn't as strong as it perhaps could be.

stormcloud8 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    To keep us coming to the site, to keep Star Wars in the news, and to.... torture us....

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Ditto. And I don't even have a chance tow atch it yet. [face_frustrated]

6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Frankly, I thought he was the one saving her from slipping into bland producer speak.

Moog, Darthsuggs and Count Yubnub like this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Oh you thought these would be movies? I actually meant to say a new trilogy of books, but I kept getting interrupted."

krtmd likes this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Absolutely! Frabk Marshall, Kathleen's husband, said he pretty much knew who the director was and this was at the beginning of November.

9. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Originally they were going to be released every week. There must be some reason they are stretching them out now. Again not insinuating that there is something coming. Maybe they had expected to have the director deal locked down so they don't want a gap in the headlines between the end of the video series and announcements.

10. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it was the other way round, Law. I've seen that look in plenty of script meetings where someone goes off down the wrong track and you can see people thinking "huh?".

Understandably, she's treading very carefully around the great man.

11. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    George Lucas looks so down in these videos. I know he said he wants to move on to different things but could he at least hand the franchise over with a smile....even a little one.....nooooo...No.

12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That's just his demeanor. He's always looked like that, in every interview I've seen with him.

LawJedi and THE PortmanLuvva like this.
  13. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
  14. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Wow. What a rambling motormouth bullcrapper Lucas sounds like. Snoozearooni. I am now sure these vids are intentionally put out to apologize for the PT and show the loonie who made them, justifying the handover.

15. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    So true what this guy wrote!!^:)^

"It’s a fun pastime, any number can play, and it doesn’t matter how absurd the postings are since someone out there will likely believe them."

Pro Scoundrel and LawJedi like this.
  16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I agree, this was part of my whole "conspiracy" thread. A lot of folks think you can put a good director, writer and some actors together and get a good "Star Wars film", and it's totally not true. You need someone who understands Star Wars' massive universe to it's core. I agree Filoni next to Lucas would be best at the job, however he's not at a producers level yet. We just have to hope Lucas is more involved than he says he is, which recently wasn't much.

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'd honestly be surprised if he was at all sad about letting go of Star Wars.

Memory serves me correct, I saw an interview with him that said when he released the Star Wars blu-ray and the changes that came with them, he received multiple death threats a day from anonymous, deranged fans threatening him and his family. Don't remember where I read it though, but that was pretty much the wording of it.

18. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Or you need a writer/director who is very well versed in the concepts of Joseph Campbell as well as the Star Wars universe.

TreborSabreon and LawJedi like this.
  19. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I've been furiously refreshing that page since it ticked over to Dec 3 in Australia.
    I've always concured with George's views on freedom and how they are ultimately lost. Despite the PT misgivings that was an extremely important message at the height of the terrorist scare.

Though I was ultimately hoping they'd dish the dirt on the director.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  20. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    What did I just watch?

[​IMG]

It's my franchise you got it. It's about the evils of man kind , you be quiet and listen to me woman!

RAGING ON !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I AM THE LUCAS! I AM THE LUCAS!

[​IMG]

Whoa did that seriously just happen?

[​IMG]

What just happened ?

Honestly I don't know what to make of the video.

21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    People are making way too much of these vids. It's just something they threw together from one discussion to give the fans something to look at until there's more real news. But SW fans can't ever allow themselves to enjoy anything for some reason. "There's gotta be a negative angle to this...go to it!"

LawJedi and Darthsuggs like this.
  22. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    "I had such high expectations for these videos!"

The-Eternal-Hero and Darthsuggs like this.
  23. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    "Lucas really dropped the ball on these videos. Someone should have told him these videos were a bad idea!"

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lucas reads that stuff?

25. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    More pointless waffle. Fantastic!

Next week: Lucas' review of Rocky five.... thousand.

DarthMak likes this.