main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Abandoned Concepts and Ideas from old Drafts...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bosskkkk, Dec 3, 2012.

1. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    This is an interesting thread. I'm no expert on previous drafts for the various episodes of the saga, but I'd venture that it's highly probable that some of the character names, planet names etc will ring a bell when we hear about them. This reminds me, too, of a thread I posted on yesterday about whether we'll still see references to Ralph McQuarrie's original concept artwork in the new trilogy. I hope so. The Mortis arc from TCW really interested me and I felt it was quite in keeping with the more mythological and philosophical aspects of the saga and Lucas' interest in Joseph Campbell. An interesting angle to explore could be the force wielders of Mortis - I know the three were all killed in TCW - but perhaps they were Whills or were exiled to Mortis by the Whills. I'm not saying that they were, but I like the idea of finally bringing the Whills into the saga somehow.

darklordoftech and Count Yubnub like this.
  2. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    thank you

3. green_typewriter

green_typewriter Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    Does anyone else remember a pre-PT mention from Lucas (?) about dealing with the idea of an "evil" or "bad" mother to mirror the "evil" and "bad" father issue in the OT?

4. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Yes, I mentioned that above. Or were you referring to my post?

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    So that's how this works? We can pretend that unfortunate business doesn't exist on every other thread on the forum? Because I can totally do that. [face_party]

Echo-07 and Darthsuggs like this.
  6. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    (characters)

KANE
    DEAK
    NOMI (apparently?)
    LUKA

OXUS
    MONTRASS HOLDAACK
    COS DA****
    JOMMILLIA (though maybe re-used as Queen Jamilla?)
    MINA
    ALANA

PALACE OF LITE
    THE PRINCESS OF ONDOS
    KING KAYOS
    QUEEN BREHA

(locations)

AQUILAE
    OPHUCHI

Let's look back on this thread in 2015, and see how many names were used! :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Totally, I really like that, especially since this was in the early drafts where Ben Kenobi came back into physical form to help Luke duel Vader. Maybe this will be revealed as the next level of Force powers. On The Clone Wars Mother Talzin actually already has the ability to materialize and dematerialize at will.

Another thing I think we might see is Luke in an incarnation more like the early drafts where is the old grizzled General Luke Skywalker who encounters a group of 10 teenage boys who want to fight the evil Empire hiding in the ruins of a religious temple on the planet of Aquilae. He reluctantly trains them into credible warriors in a bid to save the Princess in a prison complex on Alderaan. They succeed and escape to Ophuchi where the princess reveals her "true goddess self"
    http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/StarWarsTreatment.txt

8. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Was there ever any storyline relating to rescuing a wife from the underworld in any of the drafts?

The reason why I mention it, is because it is a common theme in mythology, and something I could potentially seeing the spirit of Anakin having to do, in order to rescue Padme's soul, once he has begun his redemption.
    Maybe the spirits left behind still have tasks they need to complete, and maybe ghost Anakin needs to make up for the fact that he killed Padme, before he can truly become free?

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    A lot of these have crept into the EU. Ondos sounds like Onderon, from TCW. And Queen Breha is the name of Bail Organa's wife in ROTS.

10. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I'd like to see Deak and Starkiller names used. I'd also be for Aquilae, if only because it denotes the zodiac Aquarius, the waterbearer - the one who brings forth an era of enlightenment or eternal life to the world. A perfect spot for Luke or Anakin - if need be - to restore the Jedi Order. Or perhaps, as some other posters brought up, saving old souls long lost.

11. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Mark Hamill wouldn't need much make-up for that role.

12. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Don't role out the welcome mat for Hayden, please.

KevinM1 likes this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I've said it before, I'm interested in the ST taking a cue from one of the original ideas for ROTJ and having Luke Skywalker survive the films and walk away in the end to an uncertain future. If Luke must die, he deserves for it to appear on the big screen, but if he does disappear of his own volition, then we, the audience get to decide Luke's fate for ourselves and I feel like there's something to be said for that.

14. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Had abbadon would be interesting because it's name is a biblical reference

15. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I'm jumping on the Had Abbadon bandwagon. Simply a killer name. I also like the idea of the Whills being observers who don't interfere and could be considered guilty of inaction. Perhaps as beings who never get involved, but know the intricacies of how the Force works as a time stream, unfolding events. Easy for them to be a McGuffin in a "shadowy web of deceit" kind of story.

16. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I'd like to see Sith Pirates, from one of the early drafts. You could bring together sith warriors with a pirate aesthetic vs Aquillan Rangers. Though the idea of an aged Luke training up a band of children would also work well. Also, the Son of the Suns.

17. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    This is an obvious reference to Ophiucus, the thriteenth Zodiac sign. "The Serpent bearer." Alot of potential symbolism there.