main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    He is sooo adorable [face_love]

laloga likes this.
  2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    !!!!
    I just showed that picture to my daughter (age 12) and I think she's been smitten with her first serious crush. She actually walked into a piece of furniture on her way out of the room. This is great! Real boys will seem totally inadequate and uninteresting now.

Ode to Serendipityaey
    (to the tune of God Save the Queen):

Hail se-ren-dip-it-y
    Artist ex-troard-nary, to thee we sing.
    Mistress of photoshop,
    Your skills we cannot top,
    Let the entire gal-ax-y with thy praises ring!!

I would commemorate you in story form as well, but mine are so staid by comparison that I fear it would fall rather flat.

Valiowk and laloga like this.
  3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Aww, so cute about your daughter :D and thanks for the ode :p feel free to do whatever with that picture you like, except maybe don't torture the cute guy too much? :p

I've never been in a story! Lol. I don't know of that's a good thing or a bad thing

laloga likes this.
  4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ash, can you do this again with Qui-Gon standing with him? Maybe even with his hand resting on his shoulder? :D

Ruth...that is so cute about your daughter...and yes, at her age I would have had a serious crush on young Obi-Wan (not saying I don't now...:p)

Now, is her crush for young Ewan or young Ob-Wan (or does it matter?) ;)

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I didn't even think I could do this! But I can try sometime. If there's a pic of Qui like that out there

6. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    OK, just don't read the Lineage series. It's too late to save him now, even though he's ridiculously cute and makes me want to squeeeeze him and feed him and tuck him in at night.

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Fixed.:D

8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    She's madly in love with Obi-Wan Kenobi - I don't think I'll let her see any of Mr. McGregor's movies anytime soon.... it's the noble Jedi hero for her. Seeing him in her own age range made for some interesting effects - think I'll keep that photo under wraps. Heady stuff - tween heart throb I never would have numbered among the character's many points of appeal, but there it is.

9. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_laugh]
    ... He's a bit on the young side there, Val.... just sayin'.....

obimom likes this.
  10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He's just so adorable! Don't worry, the kitties are there too

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh, I'll take the REAL LIFE Ewan, gurl. But no harm in admiring the young Ewan (anyone know how old he was in that photo?)

serendipityaey likes this.
  12. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Guessing fifteen.
    As for real life grown-up version, meeeee-ooooow. Imagine a galaxy where the kaminoans have the capacity to replicate some given guy over a million times... and they choose JANGO FETT??? I'd have had other plans.

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I dreamt about Ewan this morning! Sigh... He was just cuddling up to me, getting really close and then... Ana wakes me up! Grrrrrrr!!

Hey, Jango Fett can be pretty sexy too... Especially those clones - with all their stamina and muscles... Not bad at all!

laloga likes this.
  14. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmm... actually, the GFFA seems to be pretty well-stocked in general, at least in the hunky guy department. A perk to counterbalance the malevolent lord of darkness factor, I suppose.

laloga likes this.
  15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    :D

We need to somehow save that picture so it doesn't get lost in here...

and Ash, I would love if it you could figure out a way to add Qui-Gon...as an alternative.

OH-oh-oh!! [face_idea]

Young Scarlett Johannson (she made movies as a young teen)...get of pic of her, put Jedi robes on her and stand her next to Obi-Wan. (Obi-Wan and Siri) Yes? [face_love]

Is it possible?

Ruth, now when I read Lineage, that cute, adorable face will be the face I see when he's going through the torments you put him through...it to me will make him even more (if possible) sympathetic.

Now I definitely see why that girl in your story has a crush...(how old is he in your latest Lineage?)

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    No shortage of hunky guys :D laloga has opened my eyes to all the varying options. Tanned skin and toned muscles is no hardship. Poor Obi needs a break every once in awhile, he couldn't possibly please all the women on his very own! ;)

laloga likes this.
  17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I'll see what I can find sometime... :) I'm easily bribed, by the way ;)

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    :D

Oh?

I'm too tired to come up with a better answer than that.

Easily bribed. Hm...Any ideas? [face_whistling]

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ashley likes Obi-lovin' fluff! Lol. And flattery. Hey, I'm honest.

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    'Course he can; he's got the Force!

Such a shame the new cats are female: I'd thought maybe someday I'd have an Obi-Cat Catnobi or something, maybe an Ewan the Hunk - instead I've got the liquor girls (Kahlua and Brandy).

No need to troll for flattery. :D Your stories earn plenty of deserving flattery for you, not to mention your photoshop skills and your very own self.
    As for the rest of you Obi-fans - ;) ...

... you're not immune from flattery either on any basis, authorial or personal.

obimom likes this.
  21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He's also kind and generous [face_love] Those other hunky guys are fighting too, they've earned some lovin' and admiration [:D]

Aww, that's very sweet [face_love]

I apologize my low self esteem knows no bounds. I promise I will try not to troll though, I'm just freely admitting what I'll trade my time for ;) All semi-kidding aside, I will *attempt* that at some point, I just know there are a few things that seem to light a fire under my motivation. Did y'all see how quick I banged that one out when Ruth said she'd write me an ode? :p

laloga likes this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Um, ah, "banged out" and "Obi-Wan" together in a post...beggers the imagination.

I'm not going to prop up your self-esteem any longer. [face_mischief] You've got a young 'un, stories that folks adore and drool over - good grief, gurl, you are more than capable of propping yourself up.

But really, I know self-esteem and confidence have little to do with reality, only perception, so take the sentences above as a teasing joke as meant, not an abandonment of you to the glorious reality that you don't quite trust. Just beware, I may charge in future - hey, an unemployed gal needs some source of income. :D

23. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001

24. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Second that! [face_love]

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ash, I struggle with self esteem all the time..and it rears it's hoary head when I read the awesome writings of you, Val and Ruth... (and Yes, I said you, Ash)

I try not to compare my stories to all of yours too much, but the way you guys words some of those descriptive phrases, reactions, how you "show" the characters, not tell...just blows me away. Thanks to Vals help, I've gotten better, but your stories remind me how far I have to go.

And sometimes I get a little bummed about it...wishing I could think of the clever ways to put things that you guys do...and sometimes struggle with a single sentence or paragraph for hours trying to get it right.