main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah that is annoying. They got rushed to conclusion and now we get a brand new creative team and cast it looks like (Details are sparse).

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Glad to see you, Gabriel. Please extend our welcome, and an invitation to the boards, to your partner for us. :)

3. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Unless DH suddenly starts dropping and sales lol nope

With Legacy returning it's even less likely

4. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I kind of see it as, John and Jan made this sandbox, and now other teams can either make a sequel to it, or a prequel and play in the same sandbox. Im ok with this. Multiple main characters in the same era could be cool. And hey, its more Legacy!!

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Let's take the DH conversation back where it belongs, guys. I'm sure we all have more than enough to say about Legacy in and of itself without bringing the Disney issue in here.

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That you think any of that matters is the true LOL. Prepared to be educated in the workings of business ESG. We have a couple years yet, but we shall see what happens.

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Welcome. Nice to see new faces on Star Wars comics. Convince Randy to rejoin the boards. Man was like a father to me. Tell him Nuke says high. :)

8. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Fine. It's as annoying as the ST ****

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Umm read the thread, he posted earlier in it.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    WHAT, I MISSED STRAD? Sigh!!!

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I know what you mean. I'm a big fan of their work -- and indeed, I love what John's doing with AotE (which I might be enjoying more than Legacy, because of its particular focus) -- but while I am still unhappy with how Legacy was rushed out to pasture, I am not willing to let it color my impression of a new series and a new team I know nothing about.

So basically I don't want my high regard for the old color to make me pre-judge the new, I guess.

Ulicus likes this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Welcome, and thank you for stopping in! :) It really means a lot to us when you authors and artists go out of your way to touch base with the fans.

13. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Welcome, welcome, to the forum,
    I'm the Warlord Hutt, Rigorrum,
    And I'd like to visit Florrum,
    but that jaunt will have to wait.

We're all excited you'll be writing,
    A series about Jedi fighting
    Sith and other things exciting,
    We believe it will be great!

Will we see some royal Fels?
    Maybe Roan's wedding bells?
    AT-ATs firing shells?
    Tell us closer to the date!

You've picked a fantastic era,
    One which we all deeply care a-
    bout, so details, one day share-a,
    Our hunger will not abate!

14. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Usually I'd agree with you and I've always been a big proponent of not judging things before they come out. This is nothing against the people writing it, but it is directed at how Dark Horse is operating in and of itself. I don't like it and I'm going to save my money. There is no reason for me to get attached to characters only to have them ripped from us quickly and for unsatisfactory reasons from upper management. From the looks of this thread Dark Horse will still make a boatload of money off this, but it won't be mine. I'll save my $223 (assuming it gets the same 56 issue treatment the previous Legacy did.)

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    He's not with us.

16. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm all for seeing new blood on the comics. I like John and Jan too, but we've been eating up the works of those two plus Blackmen and Miller for a while now. I want to see what new faces can bring to the comics.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  17. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Dear god the thoght of Brian Micheal Bendis on star wars makes want to hurl. Or...My god who was that lousy writer who moverd the X-men to sanfansisco, and wrote bad ripped from the headlines stories, and featured Cyclops, Emma frost, Namor, So Exclusively 3 of them Ended up major villians during last summers crossover. So forgettable So bad...

Not Chuck Austen Bad, which was memorable bad! just bad.

Esg likes this.
  18. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    You know I think Hickman would write some great Star Wars. Same for Gillen. But they already have plenty to do.

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wait wouldn't buying not want them to end it prematurely?

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice! More Legacy is always great, and I loved whenever John and Jan chimed in (as they still do for Dawn), so great to see you here!

21. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I got excited until I read the blurb that it would be about a descendant of Han and Leia. Nothing wrong with that at all and I'm certainly not discounting it, but we've been reading about Han and Leia's progeny for a really long time now. Ah well. *shrug* I'm sure I'll pick up the first few issues at least.

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Welcome Gabriel!

What a nice surprise this is. Finally some good Star Wars news! While counting myself in with the group that was very displeased with Legacy's demise I'm pleased to see that its coming back in some form even if John and Jan aren't involved. I can't wait to pick these up in 2013.

I do hope we see a complete story come out of this, unlike how Legacy was cut short. I mean if the complete story is only 44 issues, that cool. Just don't pull the rug out from beneath my feet again Dark Horse.[face_praying]

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  24. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Will this see the return of K'Kruhk?

25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    This is insanely good news. I arrived at work and decided to check what's new and I see this. I did a little happy dance when I saw it.