main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Jedi Temple and the Senate in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Dec 2, 2012.

1. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I'm definitely looking at it from a historical context. WW 2 lead to the Cold War. 50+ years of stalemates, conflicts, weaponry upgrade, border disputes, etc.

I actually think this will follow the Roman Empire. Rome went from Republic to Empire and then due to economic collapse, new religious orders, a military that was spread too thin, was eventually invaded by Barbarian Hordes. I think something similar could happen to the galaxy. Leia is trying desperately to hold together the fledgling New Republic. Spies, Old Imperial Governors have divided the galaxy up into patches. It's a chaotic, weakened state and a external force - say, Mandalorian (Barbarian) Hordes invade the Outer Rim territories.

I think the ST will mirror the PT. In that Palpy orchestrated everything from the outside (and within) and the Sith rose to power. Luke is the anti-palpy. He begins to help build the galaxy over, but from the outside, in a more light-side force way. By Ep. 8, the Galaxy is being invaded, the New Republic under the leadership of Leia, orders a new Jedi Order (mirroring the ordering of the clone army. Luke sets out to train 12 new deciples. The Temple goes back up in Ep. 9 (mirroring the burning of the temple in Ep 3.)

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    A Mandalorian War would be nice but most likely it would be like Attack of the Clones and we will only see the battle that begins the war and then episode IX will deal with the end of the war.

3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Not bad. I somewhat disagree with he details between 1-30 post ROTJ, but in the end we end up to the same spot: some sort of New Republic and some new foe. I know this isn't creative, but I see Luke moving back into the Jedi temple and really ramping up the order. Leia moves back into the senate building, Han is a general in the armed forces. I say keep it simple. Then some new threat happens.

Who knows. I just hope both buildings are back, because it will tie the OT and PT with the ST. Seeing characters from the OT in these old settings from the PT it will really glue the Saga together.

darthjj88 likes this.
  4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    This.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Haha, everytime i've seen these pictures ive been sobbing so much. The end of star wars hits me deeply.:_|

LawJedi likes this.
  6. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm pretty sure well see both buildings again in the ST, but they will probably be different from what they were before.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    After fighting a tyrannical regime, I would think restoring democracy would be top priority.

Varguitas likes this.
  8. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012

It probably would be. But with anything, destroying is always easier than creating. Restoring democracy to a galaxy where all forms of said democracy were erased, after a period of many years where that old democratic body was wholly corrupted, would be a monumental task. There's never a switch "back on".

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As soon as the truth about Palpatine comes out, people will feel that the Republic worked after all and Palpatine tricked them into thinking otherwise.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not if they're anything like American voters.

11. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Politics: the art of tricking people into believing what you want them to.

12. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    It worked in Iraq, no wait. No it didn't work at all.

Seriously though if you take a country like Iraq, which is a complicated tribally diverse nation. Then extrapolate that to an entire galaxy, with different races and species with extremely different backgrounds. It would be a ridiculously massive undertaking to try and restore democratic order, especially with every system clamouring for power after the fall of the empire.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Did Iraq EVER have democracy before 2003?

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  14. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I'm really quite hesitant to beging speculating about what may/may not be in the ST. Mainly because that's a large sticking point for people's issues with the PT. Much of what was envisioned by the fans for those movies wasn't there.

15. Lando's Little Maneuver

Nov 26, 2012
    They had rigged elections, which is kind of like a democracy.

That is a point though, I suppose they would find the transition back to democratic rule easier than those who have always lived under a dictatorship.

darklordoftech and DarthRelaxus like this.
  16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    This thread is bumming me out with logic and reason. :(

In a world where Episode 6 is the "happily ever after" ending, I can buy the Emperor's defeat as a fairy tale resolution to a parable about the dangers of democracy.

But in a world with an Episode 7, 8, and 9, it almost goes without saying that many of those happy Coruscanti citizens knocking down statues and manhandling Stormtroopers were probably tossed in Imperial death camps. :_|

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There are several explanations for the Empire ceasing to exist at the end of Episode VI.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    There were probably still a lot of Star Destroyers left after the Death Star II was blown up. The Empire wasn't completely wiped out.

19. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Maybe. The rebels took out the second Deathstar, and in the process the Emperor and Darth Vader were killed. What happens to the thousands of other Imperial ships, systems, Governors, soldiers, scattered throughout the galaxy? Do they all just vanish? Do they just give up? It's definitely a win for the rebels, but I just don't see an easy switch over to democracy over night. Or even...over decades.

I always sorta thought the end of RotJ seemed too provincial. Like...great...the Emperor and Vader and Deathstar are gone, but man, it's huge galaxy, Imperials rule thousands of worlds.

20. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    From a storytelling perspective, if it makes sense, I see no reason why these locations shouldn't be in the new film.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Palpatine's not around to support them with the Dark Side and the truth about Palpatine comes out. The people unite and rise up against what's left of the Empire.

22. Lando's Little Maneuver

Nov 26, 2012
    I thought everyone knew Palps was a sith shortly after ROTS?
    I mean I have zero proof of that, I just assumed they would since he's hanging out with Vader and he's the Emporer, so what are they going to do about it.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    There is no evidence of this in the film. However, some EU authors seem to get that impression.

24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    There's no evidence that anyone but the elites (mostly Jedi) even know about the Sith returning. Well Vader was never called "The Dark Lord of the Sith" in the movies, so who's to say Vader isn't just the Emperor's jedi-like bruiser?

25. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    I don't think any of them know about the Sith at all.

Even Tarkin, in ANH, calls Vader "The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion"

If Tarkin doesn't know about the Sith, or the Emperors true religion, I'm betting no one does. And that goes to the deeper problem of why I think the Galaxy isn't going to be so trustworthy of the Jedi. The Jedi ordered the Clones, the Jedi fought the Separatists. Vader from the point of view of the people was is the last of the Jedi - or at the very least has Force powers - and works as the Emperors Right Hand.

darthjj88 and LawJedi like this.