main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~*~ The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quarantine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    =P~[face_love]

Gorgeous!!

serendipityaey likes this.
  2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Sweet mother of god =P~

Another awesome endorsement for Ewan's performance in The Impossible =D= http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...varietynvr1118062467-20121126,0,1753972.story

Stanley Tucci on Ewan McGregor in 'The Impossible': SAG Preview: Actors on Actors - Tucci on McGregor

Ewan McGregor's performance in "The Impossible" is very hard for me to describe, as it is one of the best I have seen in a very long time. I say this not because he is a friend but because it is a fact. His ability to project strength, charm, intelligence and sensitivity in all films seems to manifest itself tenfold in this one. He falls into none of the well-laid melodramatic traps (neither does the director), and gives us at once a nuanced and emotionally raw performance that brings the piece to a profoundly moving place. The purity of his emotionality is something rarely seen in life, let alone in film. When I mention proudly that Ewan is a friend, people often comment that he has had a "strange career," because he appears in Hollywood, foreign and independent films in every kind and size of role. He is one of those actors who has chosen to follow no clear path. Only his own. And what that choice has allowed him to do, is to mature and gain depth as an actor in ways many of us don't. However, even better than that is the fact that Mr. McGregor is still a young man and therefore has many more years to astonish us with performances such as this one.

obimom, Gkilkenny and serendipityaey like this.
  3. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Lovely words about a lovely man.

[face_love]

He's gone so far beyond the young "pretty boy" he began as...he's still sooo gorgeous, but there's so much more to him that his outward appearance..and that is what is so great about him.

And he still looks better than about any of the so called hunks out there - ;)

4. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Let's just hope all of the praise at least gets him a nomination.... it's about time! [face_praying]

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Would be fantastic and well deserving.[face_love]

serendipityaey and obimom like this.
  6. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Agreed. [face_love]

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Agreed! [face_love]

8. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I'd be down with Ewan returning as a force ghostie too [face_dancing] http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/29/ewan-mcgregor-star-wars-disney/

Obi-Wan Kenobi WILL be returning to the new "Star Wars" movies -- at least if Ewan McGregor has any say ... telling TMZ, he'd happily reprise his role as the Jedi Master in the next installment.

McGregor was out at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood Tuesday night when we asked if he was down with the new movies -- and Ewan said Ew-betcha.

As we reported, Lucasfilms was bought out by Disney for $4 BILLION -- and the studio is already planning several more SW movies.

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) and Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) have also said they want in on the new flicks.

obimom likes this.
  9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yay!!!! [face_dancing]

10. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004

He seemed pretty excited for it :D It's fun to see that he enjoys it so much even though it wasn't the perfect experience, sigh... I really love that guy

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Ewan McGregor Morphs Into an Everyman for “The Impossible”

“It’s quite something to have one of these in your mouth, isn’t it?” Ewan McGregor says, mumbling a bit, because of the greasy chicken foot poking out from between his lips. Moments before, in the old-school, linoleum-filled Chinatown diner Nom Wah, he’d proposed that we “order the most extreme Chinese thing here.” The chicken feet had seemed like a good idea. Now, we’re not so sure.
    “It’s just … fat,” says the actor, wearing a black corded cashmere sweater under a weathered motorcycle jacket. He’s dashingly handsome despite the slimy foot that he’s turning around in his mouth like a cigarillo. “Fat and cartilage. Lovely!”
    McGregor, 41, pulls out his phone and snaps a picture for Eve, his wife of seventeen years and mother of their four daughters, noting that though she’s French, she grew up in Beijing. Behind him, a young girl surreptitiously snaps a photo of the actor with her camera before building up the courage to come over, giggling: “Obi Wan!” He still gets this a lot, and though he swears he doesn’t read his own press, he does have a fairly accurate sense of his lingering reputation. “I’m the naked, non-drinking guy, from a galaxy far, far away: That’s me.”
    Of course, it’s been twelve years since McGregor swore off alcohol and seven since he appeared in a Star Wars movie. “And I haven’t taken my clothes off on film in years,” he says. “Not that I won’t do it again, but it almost sounds like I flash the journalist sometimes.”
    He does not unsheathe his light saber in my presence or in his new film The Impossible, opening next month. Nevertheless, the intensity of the movie, a wrenchingly realistic depiction of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, has been making audience members faint for very different reasons, from the Toronto Film Festival (where a film producer collapsed a few seats away from me) to Spain, where the film has smashed box-office records. “We went to dinner across the street from a screening in San Sebastián and watched three ambulances pull up by the window of the restaurant,” he says. “It’s fantastic.”

You can read more about it on http://ewan-mcgregor.org/

Iron_lord, obimom and Veloz like this.
  12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Sorry for the doble posts!!!! [face_batting]

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Ewan McGregor To Present International Medical Corps Award

International Medical Corps will hold its 2012 Annual Awards Celebration to honor dedicated supporters who have helped the organization deliver humanitarian relief to communities devastated by conflict or disaster.
    GE will accept the Global Citizen Award for its longstanding, generous support of International Medical Corps’ work. GE’s rapid response to communities affected by humanitarian crisis, and its investment in training local health care workers, are testament to its commitment to improving access to quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. GE’s support has enabled International Medical Corps to provide lifesaving services, training, and equipment to communities in Darfur, Chad, Central African Republic, Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Lebanon, Libya and Yemen by providing medical care to those most in need. This award will be accepted by Bob Corcoran, President & Chairman of GE Foundation.
    As part of a special presentation with LIONSGATE, Ewan McGregor will present the Courage Award to J.A. Bayona, director of The Impossible. Based on a true story, the film, starring McGregor and Naomi Watts, portrays one family’s struggle to survive the catastrophic 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Bayona powerfully depicts one of the worst natural disasters of recent times, and the immense physical and emotional impact it had on people’s lives.
    Elizabeth Manga, an International Medical Corps health worker in Sierra Leone, will receive the Founder’s Award for her inspirational dedication and compassion in carrying out the organization’s mission, in the midst of conflict in her country.
    International Medical Corps President & CEO Nancy Aossey, who marks 25 years of service, will accept the Special Leadership Award for her unwavering dedication and fierce commitment to helping the hardest-hit communities around the world. Since joining the organization as its start-up CEO in 1986, she has transformed International Medical Corps from a small humanitarian nonprofit with a handful of employees, into a world leader in medical crisis response and recovery, delivering more than $1.3 billion of health services and training to tens of millions of people in nearly 70 countries.
    Jarl Mohn, a dedicated and long-time supporter of International Medical Corps, will return as Master of Ceremonies of the December 4th event to be held at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
    Since its founding in 1984, Los Angeles-based International Medical Corps has responded to nearly every disaster in the last quarter century, including the Rwandan genocide, the Indian Ocean tsunami, the earthquake in Haiti, the famine in East Africa and the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

More on http://www.looktothestars.org/news/9359-ewan-mcgregor-to-present-international-medical-corps-award

Iron_lord and Veloz like this.
  14. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    ^ that's awesome =D=

[face_laugh] he just cracks me up

obimom likes this.
  15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Love both these parts...dashingly handsome..oh yes...[face_love]

And love the "naked, non-drinking guy form a galaxy far, far away" line..that's great...:p

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    [face_talk_hand] Ahem, I don't remember the "naked" part of his role in the GFFA...:confused: I need evidence. Hard evidence.

Anyway, I can hardly wait to see this new movie.

Veloz and serendipityaey like this.
  17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes, hard evidence. Ahem. So well put ;)

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    [face_mischief]

Hard evidence; you know, pictures. Ash...we know where your mind is.

/[face_tee_hee]

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes, pictures of hard evidence, that's what I said! Okay, stopping now!

20. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [face_laugh] You guys crack me up.

21. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] i could give you some hard evidence, but i dont think i should :p

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    [face_batting] Really? PM? Email? Website address? Movie scene? I'm well over 18 (like 3x).

23. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    LOL i'm not good with manips, but i could work something out and send it ur way :p [face_rofl]. Just imagine Velvet Goldmine mixed with some Star Wars [face_batting]

24. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh yes! I watched Velvet Goldmine a couple of weeks ago and woohoo naked as a new born, and looking straight at me, but I didn't see any Hard evidence.
    Singing a nice tune though. haaa.o_O:D^:)^

25. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Must....not.....reply [face_batting] [face_devil] [face_rofl]

26. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Let's see how much attention Geri was paying: okay, what was the marker on the DVD, or scene #? I'm sure you didn't pause and rewind, uh huh, yeah, right?

27. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    She broke her dvd (or blu-ray player), that's how many times she paused and rewinded :p[face_rofl]

28. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gkilkenny: confirm or deny Veloz's post, 'k? ;)