main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Cancel this crap STAR WARS WILL BE RUINED FOREVER.:mad:

Esg likes this.
  2. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm sorry you feel that way Zabrak 2, I'm optimistic that the ST is going to restore Star Wars for those that were dissatisfied by the PT. I'm not one of those people that hate on the PT, but I read many comments on the Internet made by the people who do hate it. In any case, I think the ST is going to be fantastic for the Star Wars Universe. I hope it includes Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker, but I won't be too butt hurt if TPTB create new Skywalker characters.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    This post is really effective if you imagine it being said by Regan from the Exorcist.

KED12345 likes this.
  4. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Why is there no thread about actual info on SW7 like official stuff that they have done so far. I havent found any thread where we can talk about what is already in place for the film. If there is one please direct me to it.

5. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I'd like to say, civilly, that I am interested as to what serious EU readers will have to say about Ep7 once it is out...and how it relates to/erases/connects with EU stories and concepts. Not being a fan/follower of the EU, I'd like to share in their joy/frustration with Ep7.

kainee and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Link

It's not saying too much, but it definitely seems they're at least trying to build off of what the EU has established while designing the Sequel Trilogy, with Lucas specifically talking about EU characters.

7. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    He never said "We're using the EU essential guides for reference." He just stated that he is knowledgeable about the Star Wars universe, probably more than the "hundred encyclopedias and things" do. He also verfies his consultant status. He also says Spielberg would never want to do a Star Wars film.

His knowledge makes sense, since he created SW and has "consulted" on everything, in a way.

This article does not state what the thread title indicates.

kainee, Alexrd, stormcloud8 and 3 others like this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Announced today, this will be starring the great-granddaughter of Han and Leia:

[​IMG]

(Han, Luke, and Leia could still be alive during this story)

I'm going to lean toward coincidence for now, but you never know...

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The "encyclopedias" (the essential guides) are mostly about the EU. They're clearly researching characters not from the movies, and Lucas is consulting on that.

10. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Oh yes!! Weeks of speculation have finally validated what I've said from the beginning!! The movies will be keep EU continuity intact!!

11. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    [face_thinking]

The comic is set 100 years out. Ep7 is "allegedly" 45 years out. Hmmmm

12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Wow, I read that quote, and get the exact opposite of what you posted. Sounds to me like he's saying, "Yes, there are encyclopedias about this kind of thing, but my word trumps all, and they're better off just asking me."

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Nothing is confirmed. Another rumor said it would be generations later.

14. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Exactly. Lucas is just verifying he IS the Star Wars Encyclopedia.

kainee and FinleySlade like this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lucas also said in the announcement video that they'd be encouraging the screenwriter and director to look at all the books and comics.

Here, Lucas is just saying that he knows about the main EU characters. (I'm presuming Jacen, Jaina, Ben, Allana, and the general post-ROTJ stories for Han, Luke, and Leia)

16. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    I could see this film "setting up" the comic series, though. Like, they issue the comic series. Then, when the fans are hooked and salivating, give them the backstory to the comic.

But, this *is* an interesting observation.

17. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    this is AWESOME....wow what great news day...you really have cracked the story of the year....some people might have jumped the gun and read to much into this but not you...well done

18. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Are you a detective in real life...you just keep coming up with these amazing finds....o_O

19. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Comics don't work like that. This material predates the announcement. And I don't see Lucas and Kennedy and the "small group of people who knew about Episode 7" sitting down with John Ostrander to rework a comic this early in the game.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    OOOOOOOO looks liek VII & EU go 2gether just fine!!!!!!11 all u EU haterz r scurred now

Esg likes this.
  21. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Here's an thought... what if he was referring to characters who were in previous movies?

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  22. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    O <------It's a space station

23. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    I'm trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt. :p At worst, the comic actually sounds like something I might enjoy. If I wasn't so biased that SW comics are all incredibly poorly drawn.

LawJedi likes this.
  24. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I just read all the Tales of the Jedi last night...I like em......no problem with the comics[face_monkey]

25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Well I think we've all been discussing the possibility of EU elements being in the movies, but perhaps not exact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.