main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    also, this episode reminded me of what would likely be my weapon of choice in the zombie apocalypse - a spade. something to be said for smackin em in the face and snickin' the head off after. world war z's case for this was very convincing

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    But at least we can have
    two black gals.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Juliet316 likes this.
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Can they also please stop showing commercials for Comic Book Men? I loathe even having to see Kevin Smith on fastforward. kthx

I liked this episode. Is it bad that I was totally rooting for the Governor to kill the crap out of Michonne? I thought he would probably survive but I was a little worried there that he's bite it (lol) so soon. And now of course they have to leave us on a cliffhanger involving danger to the best character. At least they recognize Daryl is everyone's fav and know how to freak us out... I'm pretty sure the gang will rescue both him and Merle, but where we go from there is anyone's guess. Once Andrea finds out about The Governor capturing Maggie and Glenn, I think she's going to kill him.

But hopefully he'll kill Michonne first.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    You would want michonne dead.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Why's that? Because of my well-known hatred of boring people?

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    \
    Why the Kevin Smith hate.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I feel like Michonne's character lost something when they gave her "interrogation" to Maggie in the TV show. Her comic book counterpart actually has a reason to straight up hate the Governor, but I'm trying to wrap my head around why Michonne went after the Gov. in the TV show. She has a personal vendetta against him all based on a hunch. She wasn't trying to rescue Andrea. She didn't know about the heads or his zombie daughter. The only reason she went after him is because that's what she did in the comics. Pretty sloppy writing if you ask me.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It came off like she was mad the Gov stole her platonic lesbian lover.

Juliet316 and MASTERPRENN like this.
  10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    agreed. Don't leave home without the lobo.

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    dont get so down on yourself [:D]

Ender_Sai likes this.
  12. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Yeah I don't follow Michonne's reasoning for going after the Governor either. But she wouldn't be the first poorly written woman on this show whose reasoning is suspect.

Also super creeped out by Axel's conduct around Beth. I am doubtful I will be sympathetic when he inevitably dies ('cause let's face it, the character is little more than useless zombie chow right now).

Darth Guy likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    episode synopsis said a "new threat" arose at the prison last episode. they could have meant tyreese and co but im betting on axel. he's the show portmanteau of the comic axel and that one other guy from the comic. real heads know who im talkin about

14. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I was really hoping they would avoid that story.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Given the sneak peek Talking Dead gave the other night, I'm kind of betting on Axel too. And I'm betting on either Tyresse stopping him and formally joining Rick's group or Axel joining up with the Governor. Either way, I'm betting at least Tyresse will be with Rick's group by season's end.

16. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't have an issue with Michonne's reasoning. Her introduction was to show that she's one of the few who still has some realistic morals and whatnot despite the situation. She's the only one who put together that the Gov. is murdering innocent people. Tiny dictator murdering innocent people = enough reason. I'm more concerned with them not portraying the Gov. to be as evil as he actually is.

Dingo likes this.
  17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, he also sent Merle and co. to kill her.

18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    True that. If somebody had brainwashed my best friend/lesiban lover into ditching me, and then sent his cronies to kill me, I'd be pissed.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Really? Why would you want to see something one-note and oversimplified instead of the awesomely interesting scenario we're getting? Because someone manipulative is much more frightening. I can understand why Andrea, given what she's been limited to knowing, has stayed in Woodbury. Same for all the other people there. It's precisely because they don't see a tyrannical dictator that it feels believable. And it makes the Governor much scarier.

MrZAP likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Whoa, I seem to have missed it the other night, but those other people with Tyreese are Allen, Donna and Ben.

21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, I think this is what probably sealed the deal.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Meh, even if they are comic characters, I view everyone who showed up with Tyreese as future zombie fodder. Might as well give them red Starfleet uniforms.

Rox likes this.
  23. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I can't quite pick it but something about Lauren Cohan (Maggie) has been really annoying me the last couple of episodes and it has nothing to do with how she is portraying the character...

Besides that I absolutely loved the mid season finale! These 8 episodes have gone by so quickly.

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    One of the most un-erotic topless scenes ever?

( :()

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    This.

What?