main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    IMHO, why Sam over some of the over VO's?

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Within TCW, or amongst the other nominees? I'm surprised that JAT and Nika Futterman did not get nominated again. I'm not familiar with any of the other nominated V.O.s' to have any opinion on them.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Congrats on the Annie Noms TCW!

Go Malory Archer! <<;

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Compared to DDB, JAT, etc. is what I meant. Or Hondo, our mercurial pirate.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, Jessica Walter is amazing and should win this. Though no love for H. Jon Benjamin this year. :(

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, no H. Jon Benjamin is a fail.

I would have picked DBB or Jim Cummings in a heartbeat. I assume that since its Witwer we are talking about season 5 however.

7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Jim Cummings > Sam Witwer

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    teh sexy

9. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Obi-Wan would have chosen to take Anakin with him anytime, but Anakin may have been unavailable; there is a large scale war going on and it’s very likely Anakin was too far away, undercover and/or engaged in battle which made it impossible for them to contact him or made it impossible for him to leave with such short notice.

Considering how few their numbers are, the Jedi can’t afford the luxury of having Anakin, who is an experienced and successful general, hang around on Coruscant until a Sith is spotted nor can they afford for him to throw away everything in his hands to go on a possible fruitless hunt for the Sith.

And while I agree that the “we need a more experienced Master”-argument is a bit strange, the fact remains that Anakin had already been given an important mission and it would therefore make little sense to send him off hunting a cyborg who is a lesser threat compared to the Sith Lord.

10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Now that's a thought... It has been said that Matt Lanter and Sam Witwer did record a scene together... It could be for Revival but I doubt it since that didn't sound like a deep, emotional scene... What if - presuming we don't know/see his ultimate fate in the Shadow Conspiracy arc if its left open-ended and he does turn up in the finale? Or its something that has been pushed back into Season 6.

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It's one thing when Mace goes off to confront Sidious without Anakin, because Mace seems to doubt the prophecy. Obi-Wan seems to wholeheartedly believe in it, and that Anakin is the individual conceived by the will of the Force to destroy the Sith. That he would go off with anyone but Anakin, seems contradictory to that belief. The Force wills Anakin to be the one to destroy the Sith, but instead Obi-Wan and Adi are going to handle it?

I point this out in this thread just because if I were Obi-Wan and I was of the conviction that my apprentice is this Force Messiah that is destined to destroy the Sith and that the Sith lord that I cut in half miraculously survives, I might take that as a sign that it's not my destiny, not that it's my mess to clean up and that I should keep Anakin out of it. Otherwise it just seems like Obi-Wan has pride issues and is contradicting his belief because of it, so that he can "get his balls back."

Now, I will say that the whole "prophecy" thing is completely pointless in the long run IMO as nobody aside from really Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon seems to voice the conviction that Anakin is the Chosen One (except the Father), and while Obi-Wan is the only surviving individual that is shown to really push for that belief, having that belief is not shown to really impact Obi-Wan's behavior at all. If they could go back and erase all mention of the prophecy, it would actually make the story flow better IMO. It's too late though, the prophecy is there and they reinforced the idea of it in the Mortis arc, yet in the "temporal world" nobody cares. It's Anakin's destiny to destroy the Sith, but that seems difficult if the Jedi expend no energy in tracking down the Sith, involving Anakin in confrontations with Sith, etc. After the S5 premiere Anakin is just kind of chilling there as Obi-Wan, Palpatine and Yoda discuss Darth Maul. Doesn't seem at all important to anyone that perhaps Anakin should be involved next time.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Opposite for me. The more he yaps (without saying revenge) the better.

"How did that make you feeeeeeeeeel, Obi Wan? That's nawt the Jedi way, IS it?" -reminded me of Sidious, so that's a win in my book.

QuangoFett and cwustudent like this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Doesn't Yoda believe that Anakin is the Chosen One?

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Off the top of my head I don't recall him ever saying as much. In TPM he was the one that was adamant about blocking Anakin's training, and in ROTS he voices the idea that the prophecy might have been misread, which makes me think that he doesn't exactly have the utmost faith in whatever was predicted. He doesn't seem to outright distrust Anakin like Mace does, but I don't see any obvious indication that Yoda believes Anakin to be the Chosen One either.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think he had doubts. Since he did propose that a prophesy was misread.

Amen TaradosGon.

If there is a Chosen One, It is NOT Anakin, It is Obi-Wan. The one who does everything and makes things happen.

But we did not need POOP like Mortis to justify such a stupid concept.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi is not the Chosen One, lol, he can't even kill a Sith :p

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    No, he makes fun of them to linger on in the galaxy. That is worse. Obi-Wan is DA Chosen One.

[​IMG]

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I love how you spam that all around.

No, it is "fact". [face_dancing]
    Obi-Wan has done more to fulfill this prophesy than Anakin has ever done. Obi is the One. It is even in his name Obi-WAN Kenobi. Sounds like ONE. Or Chosen One.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Not a fact bro ;)

Obi-Wan didn't bring balance to the force, Anakin did ;)

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Sup BRA! HAVE a problem Bra?!
    lol

Anakin did nothing but wait 23-24 years for head to clear of the massive hangover from the Order 66 night and then he remembered who he is.

Obi-Wan stopped Maul (TCW thing is Lucas being retarded), Obi-Wan found the Separatists and got caught that cause the Republic to come and save him, that led to the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan ended the wars by killing the amazing General Grievous and dooming the entire order without knowing, then he dueled his Best Friend on a lava planet and cut off that SOBs legs and arm off and made a cripple. And then left like a BOSS that thing called Ani to burn.
    Then he safely watched over the offspring of Anakin and led him to defeat the Empire's first mega weapon and then continued to guide him until Luke faced his father over Endor... THEN Anakin finally did something and threw Palpy in the garbage shoot.
    THE END

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Technically the war didn't end when Obi-Wan killed Grievous, considering the war continued after Grievous died, the War ended when Anakin went to Mustafar to deal with the Separatist Council, then 19 years later, Obi-Wan dies from Anakin in revenge, then some years later, Luke was the Catalyst for Anakin's redemption so Anakin killed Sidious which should have happened 23 years ago, and the Empire was defeated on that same day and then blah blah who knows what happened after that

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I definitely agree with this. Granted, Yoda doesn't speak for Lucas, but I'm trying to think back if Lucas ever specifically identified Anakin as the sure-fire "Chosen One."

Lucas has always been an advocate of people making their own destinies. "Always in motion the future is... etc etc." Sure, the Chosen One was a concept in some old prophecy. But if Anakin was it, he had to work to fit that role. Fate didn't just hand it to him.

If anything in Mortis lines up with the films and can be trusted as revealing something about this whole "Chosen One" business, it's that no one (the Jedi, the Father, etc) had any clue what "bring balance to the Force" meant. Maybe Anakin fixed everything by throwing the Palpster down the energy shaft, but he sure has heck had a hand in stabilizing everything before he got around to fixing it. No one predicted that, because everyone and their brother brother brother misunderstood the prophecy. At least Yoda had the wherewithal to admit it.

Seerow likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Lucas said that Anakin is the Chosen One, i think he said in the Special Features on the ROTS DVD

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, I know that. But killing Grievous made the dominoes start to fall one by one - Mace, The Jedi, the awesome Separatist council and then the senate years later.

And Obi-Wan did not get killed him. He accepted his fate. He gave Anakin the win.

Luke WAS the catalyst but without Obi-Wan he would still be stuck on Tatooine.