main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Our senior class trip was 2 months before graduation when we loaded all 26 of us onto a plane and went to my friend's beach house in Florida. I have been known to have a sinus infection, lung infection and kidney infection simultaneously because I don't go to the doctor until I feel like keeling over and dying.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I've had bronchitis progress into pneumonia twice because I wouldn't see a doctor.

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I remember doing several panels at LTUE and then finally getting to a doctor, only to find out that I had 40% lung capacity. I got chewed out for waiting so long.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I don't know what my lung capacity is anymore. All I know is that I can't play a clarinet and I can't hold my breath for as long.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Despite my repeatedly offering to drive her. I'm afraid one of these days you are gonna keel over.

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My doctor should be on speed dial. I am always seeing her. I have been fairly sick since 2006 and I have good insurance. The last time I put off seeing the doctor I had something bad that could have ended up very, very bad...maybe not death but permanently disabled. Don't put off seeing the doctor if you can help it. Things usually don't get better on their own.

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I just had a really pleasant experience with a customer today. First off, let me explain I work at Walgreens, and corporate decided to start a rewards program, and implemented it in the middle of September. Well yesterday, this one couple who weren't members of the reward program yet came up with several items that were on sale. I explained they needed to be members of the program to get the sale prices. The woman was rather irate, and they left the store without buying anything. This morning, she came in and apologized for yelling at me (she didn't really yell, but she was chewing me out pretty well). She furthers said that she knew this new program wasn't my fault. I told her I didn't take it personally, and that I actually agree with her and her husband on principle. Until I'd learned in August that Walgreens was going to be starting the rewards program, I was taking pride that we weren't going with the crowd of companies that do this stupid program. I hate that you have to be a member to get sale prices at these big corporate stores (Kroger, CVS, Speedway, etc. all do it, and Walgreens was just about the only one who didn't... I don't think "the other Wal" requires any membership to get sale prices yet, but that may change soon). Anyway, I gave the lady a hug because she seemed to need it, and told her thanks for stopping in... she'd only stopped in to apologize. She was so sweet. It made me feel good the rest of the day.

On another note, I'm having trouble finding a bit of info I need to write a story. A couple years ago, I read a very good SW novel called Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. The author delves into part of Dooku's past as a padawan and his relationship with Yoda. I could have sworn Yoda gave something to Dooku and said that if for some reason he goes astray, he can always come back. Now, during the clone wars, Dooku sends this along with a message that he wishes to meet with Yoda. Am I mistaken? The item isn't mentioned on Wookieepedia, and I can't find my copy of the book, nor can I find it in the local library.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    All I remember about Dark Rendezvous is something about "Give me my rose!" as a metaphor for the Force...

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    All I remember is that Dooku referred to Yoda as an "evil green potato."

jcgoble3 and Briannakin like this.
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I never read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, sorry. Try over in the Lit forum. They ARE insane, but rather helpful when it comes to matters such as this.

11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I know the Yoda quote: "If you fall, catch you I will." But I haven't read the book.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    For some reason that conjures up an image of Dooku and Yoda doing one of those trust exercises.
    Yoda: "Your eyes, close. Fall back, catch you I will."

TrakNar and Alexis_Wingstar like this.
  13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Then Dooku falls... and squishes Yoda. :p

"Part of the plan, this was not! Crushed, my ribs are!"

14. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] I was thinking of a trust fall as well. That mental image was great!

Sorry Alexis, while I've read a lot of the books, that isn't one of them.
    That was sweet that the customer came back to apologize! Such people are rare.
    When I was a teller I had a customer come back about an hour later telling me I gave her $10 too much and she knew I wouldn't balance without it. She could have just said "bank error in my favor" but she brought it back.

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I had that happen where the cashier gave me a twenty instead of a ten. I said, "You gave me the wrong amount of change." She glared at me and said, "No I didn't!"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okay you didn't." I then started to walk away.

I guess the lightbulb went off in her head and she said, "Oh, did I give you too much?"

I smirked, "Yeah, but if you think you're right..." She got all nice right about then and thanks me for my honesty.

Another time I bought about twenty high priced items and the lady is scanning them and the machine is beeping away. Then we get to the total and she says, "That will be $3.48."

I looked at her and laughed. I had hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. I looked at her and said, "Now, how could that possibly be right?" I mean I had three boxes of photo paper that cost about $25 each. She gives me an odd look. She looks at the items purchased and at the total and said, "How is that right?"

It turns out that only the first item scanned properly and even though the scanner was making a noise it wasn't adding the items up.

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I believe Yoda either gave him a stone or a seashell. Either that or it was a small candle. I seem to remember a candle being mentioned as an important simile for a guiding light. I'll have to double check my copy when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    ROFL Oh, priceless that is. From too much laughter, my ribs are hurting! [face_laugh]

Yeah, I've had many honest customers (honesty is not dead as many people suspect), however, I don't get too many customers that apologize for their rude behavior. I think it's too easy to take anger and frustration out on the lowly cashier, and many people think that's what you're there for.

About the scans not working, that's happened to me many times. Sometimes the system will just shut down... one second it's working, next second nothing (not even a red light from the laser)... with no warning and we have to reboot.

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I knew if anyone would remember it, it would be you. :cool: I'll check in here later to see if you found it. I'm thinking it is a seashell, but I'm not sure.

LOL I don't remember that... sounds too humorous to be Dooku.

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    It was a hermit crab shell. Found it in the first few pages of the book. Dooku sent it along with Maruk to inform Yoda that he wanted to come home. While reading I found an interesting line:

"...Every secret the apprentice learns, he pays for dearly. Oh yes, he pays..." The Count paused, his eyes closing for a moment as if to shut out some terrible memory.

Makes me wonder what exactly happened to him under Sidious tutelage and how much it has influenced his mindset. *grabs a broom and tries to push the bunnies back into the cage*

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006

ACK! One of those bunnies took that broom out of your hand and jumped through your computer screen and came out of mine and clobbered me in the head! [face_beatup]

Thanks for looking. :)

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Yes, my bunnies are very vicious little buggers.

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    As if I didn't have enough of my own savage rodents to contend with, now yours are coming at me and mating with mine! Good Lord, save my soul. :p

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That made me think of a young Dooku in a psychiatrist office as the doctor hands him a doll and says, "Just point to the area that the Sith Lord touched you."o_O

25. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.