main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Let's see - I saw AOTC and RoTS at the same 10-screen local cinema. When AOTC came out, the local had it on film. I had to go into London to the Odeon in Leicester Square to see it in digital. I can't recall if I saw RoTS there in digital - if I did, it was only in one of the larger screens as I don't think it had gone all digital at that point. I also saw TPM in 3D there. So I guess I can say I saw the PT in the same cinema.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I almost went and saw TPM in 3D with my college buddies back in February, but we decided not to go because we were tired. I'm not even sure if I will see AOTC in 3D. I guess it depends on who would all go to that.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ii enjoyed TPM in 3D. I was amazed at all the background stuff I noticed that I hadn't seen before. I'm looking forward to AOTC and RoTS in 3D, assuming they are completed under Disney's ownership of Lucasfilm.

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The thing with 3D is that it's a money issue for me. Unless someone else is paying for it, I don't really want to spend extra money to wear glasses.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I can go during the day so it's a bit cheaper at the local cinema. They reduce prices for showings before 5pm on weekdays. 3D is still expensive though. I don't see many films in 3D but I will shell out for SW.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Looks like they will indeed happen as planned... official announcement of US release dates just came out: AOTC and ROTS 3D

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I saw TPM 3D with a Gen X prequel hater and a total noob who had seen no Star Wars. They both came out of it loving the movie.

JainaSoloYJK, Count Yubnub and eht13 like this.
  8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Gotta love those prequel haters who pay to see TPM. It's kind of like straight-edgers who take drugs.

9. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The theater that I saw The Empire Strikes Back at is now a Perkins, a Gas Station and an Orthopedics center.

10. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    You know I don't know how to feel about this yet. I really enjoyed Eps 1 though 6. But I just don't know hot to feel about Ep 7.

11. BountyhunterNez

BountyhunterNez Jedi Knight

Jul 18, 2004
    My Star Wars theater stories: (not on topic I know, but it's been kinda slow with news and everyone else is telling their stories so what the heck)

My 1980 Star Wars story,
    This one Im foggy on details really. I saw it at the local mall theater with my mom and brothers. I know it wasnt like opening weekend tho, probably even a month or more after. (I was like 7, and didnt really know anything about it, it might have even been a 78 rerelease???) All I know is that after seeing it I was forever changed. All I could do is think about SW. I would play, draw & grab ANYTHING SW I could find in the stores. I saw it once more with my brother and once more several months later with a cousin.

My 1980 Empire story,
    I was 10 and my mother told me Empire was starting in theaters tomorrow and my cousin was coming to pick me up to see it at noon. I was so into Star Wars those past few years and finally I would get to see another adventure! I couldn't hardly fall asleep at all that night & as soon as I did wake up I quickly got dressed and went and stood in the yard, and it was only 10.00 am LOL!

Finally he came and picked me up. He took me to a theater a bit farther away then where we all usually went as he thought the lines would be smaller, he was wrong! The place was packed and the whole theater lobby was all Star Wars'ed up with all kinds of cool theater stands and displays that were awesome!

We got some snacks and made our way into the crowded as hell theater which was filled with people and their Star Wars infected kids. I have seen many movies since then, but NOTHING, even Return Of The Jedi ever compared to the enthusiasm and energy in that theater that day, the atmosphere was electric! Everyone was soo pumped to be there, from the youngest child to the oldest grandpa, everyone knew we were about to be a part of history. The opening Star Wars logo popped up on the screen with that old familiar theme and the place erupted with a cheer that was as loud as if the Beatles or Rolling Stones just hit the stage!

Im not going to go into the movie oohs and ahhhs, but another thing I never forgot happened at an odd moment. The theater was quiet when the movie started as everyone was totally engrossed into what we were seeing, until 1 moment... The very second R2D2 & C3P0 came into frame in the Hallway on Hoth the place erupted in applause again, 10 times louder then before! (not kidding, it was amazing!)

I went home that day so amazed with that movie, it was such an amazing experience that nothing I have seen since can even compare to. I made my mom take us again the next week so my brother could see it. Then, for months to come every week when my mom went to shop I made her drop me off at the theater by myself so I could see it again. I saw it 14 times lol.

My 1980 Jedi story
    Well, not much of a story on this one. I was entering my teens and getting big into metal music at that point. In an effort to (well what I thought at the time anyway) grow up, I put a lot of my SW stuff away and the posters in my room had switched to Iron Maiden & Judas Priest and such. But I knew I had to see it to close that page (lol so I thought) in my life. I enjoyed the 1st 1/2 of the movie ok, but the 2nd half blew me away. I left the theater a very hapbut a little sad at the same time because that part of my life was over.

Only saw it one more time then didnt see any of them again for a few years till the video store that opened near me had em on video. Then in the 90s when Sci Fi channel started running them on thanksgiving that became a big event for me.

Im 43 now and my kids are 20ish now. We saw the prequils & the 97 SEs in the theater when they came out and while they were good, they were nothing compared to the originals. If Mark Hamill does return as Luke Skywalker, I cant imagine the emotion I will feel seeing him on that big screen again, this time with my grandaughter who will be like 5. WHEW, sorry so long of a post.

12. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    A side bit about when I saw AOTC digitally. It was up near Dallas at a sci-fi convo and some of the oldies were there in the audience - Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, etc. Temura Morrison was there, too and just ate up the whole SW-fanboy-energy in the room. I would kill to have seen the OT with some of the cast members.

13. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    That wasn't off topic at all... that looked pretty right on topic infact! great read too! ;)

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Excellent news on the 3D versions. I'll be waiting to see what the UK dates are.

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.
  15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

16. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  18. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Anyone seen this new picture featuring Harrison from Ender's Game?

He's looking good! I could just imagine him as General Solo, training new recruits for the New Republic cause.

[​IMG]

JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    "Get off my academy space station thingamajig."

20. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I'll wait for the OT!

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Well if M.Night is chosen, we most certainly expect a major plot twist in story.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    "It should be pronounced Ha-an Su-la. L-oo-ck Ski-wai-ker."

LawJedi likes this.
  23. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Dude. Seriously. ^^ THIS.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm actually looking forward to his latest film After Earth with Will Smith. I'm just curious to see how bad/possibly decent it would be. What I've seen of The Happening was funny for all the wrong reasons.
    "Wha? No ma'am!"

25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    After the way he butchered the Last Airbender I am willing to bet actual money that "After Earth" is a luagh riot.