main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Luke as Keeper of the Balance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by FatSmel, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    If Luke were to take residence "on" Mortis, I don't see that as a life of fighting battles. I don't think that was what was going on with the Father, Daughter and Son prior to Anakin getting there or possibly to Plagueis and Sidious doing their satanic ritual of evil that put the wammy on the Jedi's light side bubble around the galaxy.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Havac, that is my fundamental problem with Mortis, not that I care about TCW in the first place.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If you tried to explain it away as a Force dream you would have to explain why several characters had the exact same Force dream, as well as the Contact-like ending.

4. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I suppose explaining it as a Force dream is pointless, although IIRC Dave Filioni was suppose to have some Mortis material in season 5. Maybe to explain a bit more about how the Ones came to be

5. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Which could easily not at all sync with Apocalypse's explanation. But I guess we could blame that on the Killiks and their sketchy hive memory.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Luke's true nature

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Luke didn't kill no Emperor. He did swing at him, though.

8. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    Troy Denning is clever, the Killiks are the perfect continuity/retcon function

9. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    He didn't kill him the first time, second time though is another story

10. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Since it was first mentioned I haven't known how to feel about Luke taking over for the Father on Mortis. I'm not sure if i'd rather him be there for eternity or die peacefully surrounded by friends. [face_nail_biting]

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It ultimately depends how you define "being there" in my opinion.

After all, if he becomes one with the Force and ghosts -- which is obviously going to be the case -- then he is already destined to become, well, part of the Force. So if that's the case anyway, then if Mortis is nothing more than a metaphorical mortal visualisation of something that is in truth an unknowable spiritual concept, then is there truly a difference between taking up his "place" in Mortis and dissolving into the Force?

Like Obi-Wan said, a lot depends on a person's point of view, and from a metaphorical viewpoint "Mortis" is just a visualisation of something the Force simply does, making it less of a "job" that Luke's spirit would be doomed to slave away at for the rest of eternity, and instead simply his natural place in the great machine once one with the Force.

Or something. This probably doesn't sound as simple when put down in writing as the basic principle seems in my head :p

kataja likes this.
  12. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    If Luke's a Force ghost he's already with friends... which I quite like. And I like to think the that whole "preserve consciousness" thing is more about consciousness of the mortal as well as immortal realms. So perhaps in the Netherworld individuals don't really just meld into the Force Oversoul so much as they are completely cut off from all manner of consciousness outside the Netherworld. Time has no real meaning. A split second could be an eternity or an eternity could be a split second in the mortal realm. So let's say Han and Leia are dead but Leia is able to preserve her consciousness ala Luke, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin.... I like to think that she can actually hang out with Han in the Netherworld, but she's also able to check up on the living and guide them(just like those other Jedi Masters) if needed. The same with Luke and Mara, heck... Luke and Mara are never, it would seem, truly apart in Luke's mortal life after her death. Why would they be in the next?

kataja likes this.
  13. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    That's a good point.
    were he to become the "father" or whatever, he would probably become one with the force (aka die peacefully surrounded by friends), THEN take up that role

14. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Naah I understand well enough what you're getting at. And I agree, it does depend on what point of view you look at the situation from, specifically what Mortis is and what it'd mean for Luke to take over the Father's role.