main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Part 4 Video Released

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by krtmd, Dec 3, 2012.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Lucas should never have made this video series. This tarnishes the reputation of previous SW.com videos.

Hopefully these videos will be available in their original form one day on dvd.

2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I finally got a chance to watch the latest video. It was interesting of course and one of the things that I like is what George was saying in a not so veiled way about evil, greed, selfishness and the loss of freedom.

People really bashed him for the PT and I always liked it and tried to explain it to others because I think the story he told was an unpopular one -- the demise of America; the fall of our once mighty Republic. I can't understand why others don't see it as clearly as I do, but the financial elite, the banksters, and politicians that are destroying this country from the inside out ARE the Sith. GL and KK talked about the loss of freedom in that video and that was what the PT was about as much as it was about Vader. Look at the corruption in the highest branches of governement. Look at the bankster bailouts and the fact that not one person was arrested and tried for their outright fraud and theft of people's wealth. Look at the loss of jobs and the depression this economy is still in on a global scale. I have been unemployed twice so far under Obama. George basically confirmed what I always believed about the PT and I was glad to hear it! / RANT

Moog and Count Yubnub like this.
  3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Let's get down to the nitty gritty. George's hair alone should be placed in the Smithsonian. Can it deflect Force Lightning? And no one better try to convince me that Kathleen hasn't had "work" done. The hands and neck do not match the face, if you get my meaning. [/QueenBitch]

Yeah, not a lot there - but I think really listening to George will let us know the direction(s) the new ST will take.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Part 5 will be a combination of a Rick Roll and a Trololol, but Lucas will digitally insert himself into it.

5. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    And still won't look impressed or happy.[face_plain]

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But you have to look happy for the Trolololol!

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.
  7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    All kidding aside, do you blame her? Look at how much flak Lucas has taken for being kinda chubby as a middle aged man, while weighing at least 50 pounds less than his average critic. In this position, it's inevitable that Yoo-hoo chugging basement dwellers are going to be casting aspersions about her appearance.

Echo-07 and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  8. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I can't believe some people are complaining about a video series entitled "The Future of Star Wars" not talking at all about the future of Star Wars in the last two clips [/sarcasm]

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    People still drink those? Yuck.

LawJedi likes this.
  10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    No. They chug them. I seen't them chuggin Yoo-hoos, IATS! I seen't it!

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  11. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The big reveal in the fifth and final video will be that Lynne Hale sits up.

FRAGWAGON, Darth_Articulate and krtmd like this.
  12. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I just can't stand that dumb blonde broad and her laying back in the chair. And boring ass ms. obvious questions.

"How important is Star Wars to the fans?"

"Do you foresee Star Wars living on in popular culture?"

"Can Star Wars continue to be fun from here on out?"

Ugh.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I wish there was a "Really dislike" button for the post immediately above. Lynne Hale is a great lady.

LawJedi likes this.
  14. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And there are many people who haven't been unemployed in the past four years and just make more than they did four years ago, and don't credit or blame the person least responsible and are either just lucky or chose wisely. The political story of the Prequels just happened to take place post-9/11. The basic arc of the Republic becoming an Empire was already established before all that, although from a writer's standpoint, that situation made the story a bit more relative, especially to those who look for real life parallels in everything that happens in movies.
    Lucas is more informed than some think. Why not think he reads that stuff (fan criticisms); it's easily accessible. He becomes aware of it from the company's media and legal relations. Katie Lucas use to be on Twitter and this attracted a lot of "fans" who used her to lash out about the Blu Ray, the Prequels, and George Lucas, and she would respond to them vehemently before ultimately deleting that account.

15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Alos, if GL doesn't see it himself, IE the bashing on sitcoms and/or other shows I'm sure he probably hears about it one way or another. He wouldn't have made those statements about [para] "Everyone tells me how bad a guy I am," if he didn't feel the zeitgeist of hate against the PT.

I say to people that don't like the PT it's their loss.

16. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Oh, no, my friend - the loss was everyone's. ;)

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah the PT bashing has gotten a little winded. Sure it doesn't work as well as the OT, but there are far worse franchises and movies out there.

Moog and Echo-07 like this.
  18. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    It's not that I don't like them...even though I would not have made them the same way Lucas did.....my only real complaint is how Anakin is portrayed.....which doesn't synch organically enough with the guy behind the mask in the original 3.

How come the best villain in movie history and with among the best one-liners ever could come from Hayden/Anakin, I will never understand.

I don't have the same problem at all wth Obi-Ewan and Obi-Alec, the portraying of both characters is pitch-perfect !

Too much CGI did not help, which is not only a SW problem....but also a Hobbit, Avengers, Avatar problem.

Less is better sometime....

So I feel that the prequels are in the same SW universe as the original 3, but not in the same moviemaking universe.

I also think that the ST should take the better of both trilogies. I don't have Original pinky glasses and I will always defend the SW saga as a whole.

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Next video comes out New Years eve, usually the videos have been between 1-2 weeks of eachother. Something tells me it's a major announcement (director, plot) that makes the other 4 worth it, especially if they're waiting 3 more weeks to release it.

After all, the filming for Episode VII will probably begin sometime next summer, if we're basing it off of how the PT was filmed, so we're going to get a wave of announcements in the next few months.