main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  2. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    Soooo excited about this, Legacy is by far my favorite era in SWEU. I know there is lots of speculation on who the descendant will be... I would think it has something to do with Eliah and Roan because the dude on cover has a collar similar to this [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    And it's safe to say that's an IK in the foreground.

4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Another great thing about Star Wars: in any other context, that line of reasoning would be insane.

RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  5. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    I know it would, but people in comics and even cartoons never seem to change their clothes, and if they do it's for one scene.

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Another option, complete with black turtleneck collar:

[​IMG]

Add beard, and voila.

7. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I LEAVE THE FORUM FOR ONE DAY AND THIS IS WHAT I MISS?

[face_hypnotized]

Awesome, just...really confusingly awesome.

Here's hoping it doesn't get thrown out of canon two years after its publication. I also agree that it seems like it'll be a prequel unless "great granddaughter" is descriptive not literal; increasing the level of surprise I have as filling in more between Crucible/SOTJ and Legacy is only more likely to create conflicts with the ST. So...hail Dark Horse, may your gutsy move pay off, and if not, we'll have a helluvan awesome two years of comics?

For the record, I like the idea of a rebel Fel too, though I hope she's doing things "the hard way" the way Ben was originally envisioned, not because she's blind to the Force. A choice, not something she's forced to "compensate" for and angst about. Though writing style will do a lot to swing my opinion on that.

8. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    well unless you're Leia or Padme, they seem to be the only ones to have a wardrobe

9. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Ok so wookiepedia has Jagged Fel, then Fel II, then Roan. So it would make sense for it to go Luke, Ben, Kol, Cade right? So where does this great granddaughter come in? It could be a sequel could it not? We dont even know about thehapans really, only that they were pissed about Elliah dying.

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    There's probably another generation between Ben and Kol. It could work without one, but that'd be pushing things IMO.

11. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    But then how do you reconcile theres only fel 2 and then roan?

12. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    so this is of course a bit, but could Elliah Fel be a grand child of Zekk and the Zel he ends up with? This may have been asked before, but it could be her link to the throne?

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    you are also forgetting Kol's OLDER brother Nat was born first so it's more than likely that Nat Kol and Cade are the great grandsons and great great grandsons of Luke.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What are you referring to here with regard to Ben, Becc? Sounds new to me but sounds interesting.

15. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    But luke had blonde hair so it is in the family

16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I took it as a reference to his potential as a Force-sensitive detective/spy before Denning just made him another Jedi? Ben realised the benefits of doing things the normal way back then, interrogating and gathering evidence rather than just using space magic, etc

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    She's talking about Ben not wanting to use the Force in Dark Nest.

Well, the IK uniform in general, which Roan's outfits are always reflective of, includes a high black collar. And this guy has on some kind of silvery armor and a high black collar -- none of it's dispositive, but it's consistent with the notion that this could be a Fel.

The trouble is that you're dealing with different generations. Cade is about twenty in Legacy; so's Sia Fel. You go back a generation, and Kol and Roan Fel look to be about thirty or forty years older than Cade and Sia. Kol looked to be no more than fifty when he died; if you go by that, Ben is about fifty-three years older than Kol. More, if Kol is younger. If Roan was fifty at the same time, ending Legacy in his late fifties, Jag would be seventy-three years older than Roan. There's a lot of wiggle room in that estimate, but it gives you a rough sense of the timeline we're dealing with. It's obviously calling for an intermediate generation. When you look at the timeline, Jag's already pushing forty, so it makes perfect sense for him to have a kid around forty, who then has Roan around age thirty, and there's your line of descent. The math works out. But while Ben could theoretically have Kol at age fiftysomething, it would be rather ridiculous. It makes more sense for Ben to have a son around age twenty-five, who then has Kol around age twenty-five. That looks much more like normal reproduction.

Rew and Ulicus like this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, we knew that Cade was a Skywalker because he wore Vader's pants, just like Luke once did.

Ulicus likes this.
  19. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    people reproduce earlier?

20. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So you're saying we shouldn't assume anything yet because we can't see whose pants this guy is wearing? :p

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm not even going to try the math in my head right now, but my understanding is that Nat being Ben's son would mean he had him at 40ish, and Kol at 50ish. Not crazy, but I don't see it shaking out that way. Just IMO.

Edit: and Hav ninjas me.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm saying that Star Wars takes Lamarckian genetics to the level of fashion.

JoinTheSchwarz , RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  23. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    Ben's son would have kol later in life because Cade's UNCLE Nat Skywalker was Kol's Older Brother. Never Mind, this is starting to give me a headache.

24. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    yeah it's starting to give me a headache.

25. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't know, plotting hyperspace ain't like dusting crops. That takes pushing a button and then pulling a lever.