main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Thoughts about a new villain

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by sashlon1138, Nov 18, 2012.

1. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Maybe a prideful apprentice of Luke will think it's his job to police the world. Not just keep the peace, but be judge, jury and eventually deciding to become executioner. Why not use your gift to help keep the unwashed masses at bay? Ends to a means and all that. Seems a pretty good path to the dark side that could start innocently enough and be told over an arc of the story. Wait, throw in a forbidden romance and I'm talking about Anakin.

Brings me to a theme I had previously thought was part of the six films. The Jedi were against attachments, because it could lead to the dark side of the Force, and yet ultimately it was Anakin's love for his son that caused him to return to the light and kill Palpatine, thus destroying the sith and bringing balance to the force. The Jedi may have had it wrong with their unchanging archaic rules on attachment, not truly understanding that the strength and purity of love, but only understanding the dangers involved. Is it really wrong to block out natural emotions for FEAR of what could go wrong?

I don't know I'm rambling now. Seems like there could be stuff there thematically that could bring about some interesting splits with Jedi or other possible Force potentials or groups.

2. The Prophet

The Prophet Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2012
    The Sith Will always be the main Villans Of Star Wars, Its too early Too guess who the villain will be But It will probaly be Either someone completely new Or some Minor Character that was already part Of The Star Wars universe In some way or another.

That Being Said......
    I don't see how their Going too make this work.
    Star wars Already has A great deal Of Content after Return Of The Jedi.
    Luke reforms The Jedi Order. The Story of Kyle Katarns Almighty Beard and Byrar Pistol And His own Aprentice Jaden.
    Palpatines Clone bodys, Luke Turning too the dark Side To protect his friends If I recall, The Dark Lady Lumiya And Darth Krayt.
    The War With the Yuzan Vong And The Death Of Chewbacca.
    Luke And Mara, Han and Leias Children, The Maw And Probaly a Whole Lot of other stuff That I dont know Or Can't recall at this Moment.
    How Will they fit Three New Movies In without Destroying the Accepted Canon?

It would be better to Make Movies based around Revan and The Mandalorian Wars...Maybe They can even fix the damage Bioware Did too revan With there New ( Now Half Dead ) MMO.

3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I don't think EU fans should be expecting too much canon, to be honest with you. Writers have seen how good movies can be made when one blends the best elements of different comics or graphic novels into a movie. Look at Dark Knight Rises. They changed Robin. They changed Bane. They changed tons but it worked. Star Trek rebooted and made their most accessible and successful feature film in decades. There's no way they'll be a slave to any EU books. I think the readerships are too small and each story had a short shelf life as far as staying on any most read charts.

They'll use them but I'd expect a lot of blending and borrowing of ideas, themes, storylines in order to make the best movies possible. I'm not a huge EU guy so I'm fine with that.

fishtailsam and Saurion-Fett like this.
  4. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    On the one hand, there will need to be something that plays into The Force and the overall Jedi mythos. On the other, the Sith are a dry well, and I never liked the Vong. I can see them combining the ysalamiri's Force dampening abilities with something else. Maybe something akin to The Legend of Korra's anti-bending movement?

The ability to turn off The Force in a Jedi would be a huge threat, not just for the Jedi, but perhaps to The Force itself. Give the anti-Jedi movement an army, and voila - instant galactic threat that isn't too alien (Vong) or more of the same (Sith). Not very original, but it could work.

5. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    How about the guy from No Country? Bad haircuts fit in nicely with this series of flicks.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can't picture anything except Sith, whether it be new or old. I would prefer old, though. The fallen Jedi concept was what the PT was all about and so I don't think they'll go that route, again.

The only things that could have happened if it's pre-existing Sith is either, they were accidentally marooned and recently discovered on some backwater planet, or if it's a self-imposed exile like Yoda and Ben decided on, or they were somehow kept away by the Emperor on some secret unknown world -- sort of like how Jorus C'Baoth was found on Wayland in the Thrawn Trilogy.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Why are You capitlalizing Random letters? Is it some New fangled Hipster typing Font on the Internets?

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Javier Bardem would be great, he was excellent in Skyfall and No Country. He shouldn't be villain typecast though, I'm sure he is more than capable of playing a hero if he wanted.

Maybe he is doomed to be one of Hollywood bad guy actors, like Alan Rickman & Christopher Lee.

LawJedi likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Alan Rickman did a good non-villain role in Love Actually. Then again that was 9 years ago.
    Ditto with Christopher Lee who played a kindly librarian in last year's Hugo.

10. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    No no, I mean the actual character. Coin toss, hairdo, compressed air blaster, the whole bit.

11. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    So you want a romance between the new villain and Anakin's force ghost?

12. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Those movies are based off source material.

The Disney/Lucasfilm beast has said they will not be using any EU as source material.

We will be getting 99.9% Lucas, with perhaps a .1% of EU as window dressing for the fanboys.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  13. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    What about a business tycoon?....a JR Ewing in space if you will. (Larry Hagman God rest his soul)

14. The Prophet

The Prophet Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2012
    Ah I must confess my spelling and grammar Is horrible In general and I Often Capitalize random letters..Or perhaps I simply Liked doing It once upon a time and Fell into the habit Of It! Who knows.......
    But alas you must be joyful and not allow little things like these to upset your day :)
    Have a good one Mr Internets.

15. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    [​IMG]
    "Maybe weesa...being friends."

16. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I liked the idea of the evil floating big-brained baby which was mooted before episode 3. I'd like to see him finally put in an appearance.

17. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    No, no, no... God no. If you took a prideful Jedi, made him think that he should use his power to police the world and make decisions for people's own good (even if it isn't the decision they want) and throw in a forbidden romance and you've got yourself Anakin. The "wait" was me realizing as I was typing that this had already been done and it was basically Anakin. Nevermind.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh no I was joking too no worries. I'm an English major snob. Since spell check is not working on the computer that I'm using I have to be extra careful. Jusst iin cace i caan know loger speel coreclty.

19. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Since Lucas likes to use events from history as inspiration, there's the middle eastern events. Basically, two sides are at war, with the Republic giving weapons, ships, and resources to one side. That side then turs and uses everything against the Republic. Now the heroes have to fight enemies in X-Wings, etc. It would also allow them to pull another Palpatine-like surprise villain, since this time around, no one really knows what's going to happen.

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, if I remember correctly Julian Glover is still alive. He could return as General Veers and wreak havoc on the Galactic Alliance.
    Veers is probably the only Imperial who has a speaking role and who wasn't killed by Vader or the rebels.

According to the EU (Dark Empire 2), Veers was killed during the Battle of Balmorra. Veers' death wasn't explicitly shown in the comic, so a redcon could undo the whole thing and keep him alive during the post-Endor time period.

21. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, Veers did lead the only Imperial victory in the SW movies.

22. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I agree, the actual character! Not bardem. I think EPVII would be a great place to explore his background and his emotional state. I mean the last time we saw him he was driving away in a car with a broken arm so would be great to see where what happened to him afterwards.

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Apart from Veers, there still other minor characters who appeared in the OT and weren't killed in the movies or the EU.

-) Bib Fortuna (Jabba's successor)
    -) the bounty hunters (4-LOM, Zuckuss, Bossk...)

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    PT:
    -) Mas Amedda!

25. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    as noted in another thread .. half eaten boba emerges from sarlaac to be rebuilt like vader .. luke is exiled due to fear of the force and he is son of vader .. leia is head of republic but faces controversy due to association with luke .. boba confronts luke originally intending to kill luke but luke submits to being bobas prisoner, knowing he can kill boba later if need be .. luke exiled on sith planet finds plageuis texts .. luke comes to admire fett .. reminds him of vader .. concludes both empire and republic are causing all problems .. turns sith and decides to wipe out all the problem causes once and for all ... leia has to become jedi to stop luke .. 3 movie arc .. all other ot characters are slain in the first movie at some point