main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Remember those tv listing sites are not always reliable. They all listed Clovis for after Onderon then that was changed. That website could be going with the episode order from Insider which did list the Maul arc after the Droid 4-parter. We'll only know for sure what episodes are next when CN's schedule updates to display for Saturday 19th Jan, and we won't get that until the 5th January at least.

(Though I would be very happy for the Maul arc to come next.)

2. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    We can all learn from this that Filoni was "kidding" when he said Season 3 was the last season to put us out of chronological order.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

And Sidious.;)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
  5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011

The CVI clip was longer and extended to R2-D2 and the other astromechs going to the exterior in order to make repairs.

Hopefully the lack of a critical mission for which the idiocy of the droids would break the suspension of disbelief will make this more enjoyable than Secret Weapons.

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You know what kills me about this clip. Is that once again they have replaced perfect SW space music with not so fitting random noises.
    The CVI music used was great and made the clip feel even more like SW.

Apophis_ likes this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I miss hearing distinct themes in my SW. The show is so fond of homages, they could at least reference SW musically. More John Williams, please. Despite being unpopular, Assassin featured Leia's theme, and my heart swelled.

I'm SUPER excited that Mauldalore was pushed fwd!!!!!! Perhaps Filoni knows how much we are begging for Maul. Force knows, TCW will need to pull viewers back in, after this droid tripe.

On another note, I'm watching the Malevolence arc. Shadow of Malevolence is brilliant. I like how resistant Anakin is, when it comes to Ahsoka's leash. In the Clovis arc, Ahsoka will have her own fighter, which is a good example of her growth, as well as Anakin's.

Apophis_ likes this.
  8. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Assassin? Unpopular? Dude, that episode was sweet. :cool:

The music of TCW is great at times. However, there is a critical lack of various themes. Duel of the Fates and Across the Stars are desperately needed to connect TCW more strongly with the PT. General Grievous has his own musical cue in ROTS and its presence in TCW's score would greatly enhance it. There already is a very good Republic military theme in TCW, but the CIS military does not have a distinctive theme, something which the Droid Invasion theme of TPM is ideal for.

9. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I agree, but I remember quite a few people were unimpressed. Aura's arrest just before Bane takes over the Senate with Aura raised a few questions.

10. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    I also recall that reaction. The way in which TCW perpetually flitted throughout the timeline in the early part of S3 was ridiculous in general.

11. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I hope that they are not liers and those episodes are on fridays I cant stand Sat. Morning Episodes.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Which episodes?

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The graphics and sound effects are certainly well done in that preview. Now if WAC-47 can just tone down the goofiness a notch - or two notches... Here's to optimism!

14. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Its hard to blame them. When you have 8 stand-alone episodes that just don't fit anywhere, what do you do?

15. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Maul eps.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If you live in Canada, you will get them on Friday, but in the US, Saturday mornings

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You don't recycle the exact same storyline from Coruscant in AOTC. It's not that Assassin was so bad, but we've seen it before.

Shoulda used someone other than Padme, etc.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Assassin was alright. It had some good action and some good character moments for Ahsoka actually. Aurra Singh, more crazy biatch please! But on the flipside its pretty forgettable.

Looney Tunes is artistic and different. =b

I still kinda chuckle at WAC's exchange with Gascon about the ice comets and who is flying the ship. My inner 8 year old is excited to see this and I'm ashamed of this. xD

19. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    While I know theres a scene in "The Clovis arc" that makes it clear its before "Shadow Conspiracy", I would much rather have the Mauldalore arc sooner rather than later.

20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Huyang likes this.
  21. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    I'm curious. Spoiler tag that. I wanna know what it is.

22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Seems like they are doing a homage to the original Star Tours with the coming out of hyperspace into comets :)

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I believe it is a scene that was shown at Celebration from the Clovis arc that had Anakin and Obi-Wan in Anakin's quarters at the Jedi Temple and they are talking about attachments. Obi-Wan mentions Satine apparently which would indicate it is set before the Maul arc, though since they did air Revival with Hondo's base already destroyed first and then we didn't see how that happened for quite a few episodes later, then they probably don't mind airing things out of order.

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    But Padme on Alderaan...
    I forgot all about that scene! :D
    Does Satine have to be alive for Obi-Wan's advice to make sense?

Seerow likes this.
  25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I guess it depends in what context it is said and how it is said and what Anakin's response is. Depending on those factors it could air after the Maul arc as long as it makes sense.