main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A discussion of the logistics behind astromech serial numbers? What is this, Lit? :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The things that folks obsess over...:p Not a knock, just an observation that proves how very individual we all are.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

Queen Amidala: What is its number?
    *Panaka checks: W99R7YT66E5R2D2J7M22Q2*
    Panaka: Aw hell... Um R2-D2. Let's go with that.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Bring on Clovis!

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol

I guess it would be better if R2D2 were just the first characters, with people truncating the rest for convenience.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I hate to simply slam an episode without any nuance...but I honestly felt like this episode was total crap. I will want to watch it one more time before giving an official grade but this is looking like my third 1/10 rating of the series. There are just no significant redeeming factors that I can see. Total kiddy filler.

9. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

because the episode was so bad

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    It was nice to see different jedi astromech. I liked how Meebur Gascon was inside one of the astromech. Astromech v battle droids was interesting. I hope there will be a flesh villian in the next episode.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I second that statement. Bring on the Clovis...

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    IMO, the Clovis arc should have started airing by now.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We can all blame the Young Jedi Arc, if it wasn't for that Arc, we would have already seen the Clovis Arc

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If they skipped this arc and used YJ in its place, we'd be watching the Clovis Arc. :p

Order66Survivor and Darth Vader like this.
  15. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I really liked this episode. It mainly being centered around the droids and not the organics made for a nice change of pace, especially as this necessitated a bit of a different dynamic.

However, I did want to mention something that I noticed that a lot of people are complaining about, namely being the supposed lack of intelligence displayed by the super tactical droids. I will posit a theory (and hopefully this makes sense here and isn't too muddled) and see what folks think:

Of the two that we've seen, only Aut-O is the dumb one. The reason why I think this is because his name sounds too much like a mere droid designation, and most ordinary (and thus unexceptional) droids tend to only have these. If you've ever noticed, there are only two droids that have real names. One is the ancient Jedi droid who helps with the lightsabers (can't remember his name) and the Super T. named Kalani. I am thinking that a droid must be super exceptional to be given a name other then a designation, as it implies that they are seen at the level of a being and not merely as a tool. Thus to put it in a certain way, R2 is an exceptional droid. Most others of his make aren't, and likely will never be. It is the same with the Super Ts.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into another Onderon at this point... I was so sure after seeing the first episode that the rest of the arc would be better, and boy was I wrong. I pulled a Petro. I don't have my hopes up the same for this one, but there's still a little flicker there that the next ones at least won't be quite as bad...

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    That's my line.:p

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
  19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Now you might be... Now you might be asking yourself, "just how do they get their stories to suck so bad?" Well get in close, because I'm going to tell you a secret. We start, but acquiring writers that have worked on respected and critically acclaimed shows such as Lost, The Wire, and Sons of Anarchy. We then take those writers and dose them with ketamine, a powerful horse tranquilizer, and sit them down to watch Attack of the Clones on loop, three times in a row. After the movie has ended the third time, these writers are mighty tired, and their minds have been to places so barren and hostile, that it would cause most men to die screaming. So they slip into a vision quest, brought on by exhaustion and drugs. These writers then begin to elaborate on asinine stories in a language that we here at LucasFilm Animation believe to be English. The writers go on and on for 12 straight hours about broken, incoherent tales of a resurrected Darth Maul, poisoned tea, the Wizard of Oz with pit droids and Anakin's non-existent apprentice, before they simply dissolve into the ether.​

:p

I'm generally a supporter of this show, but when Filoni does make reference of writers on board for the show that have worked on well known shows like Lost, that where does that talent go when dealing with episodes like Secret Weapons or the Onderon arc?

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I kinda think it might be an improvement if this were to turn into Onderon. There's certainly be more fun to have with this arc. Hopefully the next episode will be good.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

There is a promise in the current arc. We will see...

The problem with Onderon is that until the last half of The Soft War, the Rebels did nothing and did the same things over and over.

What I hope with the new arc is that there is going to variety in locations and characters like in the Young Jedi arc.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Variety of location isn't the problem with this arc...

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Eric Geller for theforce.net also gave a positive review of this episode. Some people also liked Jar-Jar in TPM.

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Those kriffing Ewoks as well, apparently.

To be fair to WAC-47, he's less odious than the Ewoks.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Wac-47's best friends are the Ewoks :p