main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Least Favorite State in the United States

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Brutus666, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    The Dakotas really don't deserve to be states and should be annexed into MN. Besides that, I have no opinion on states.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    why on earth would you voluntarily move to utah? (says the guy who lives in arizona...)

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Anyone who thinks West Virginia is still a part of Virginia is a frakking idiot. Oklahoma is my current least favorite state.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    [​IMG]

Trewly awful[:D] make the best of a bad situation. Unless you are not an outdoors type...then ummm.

[​IMG]

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I moved out here for my job. I go camping and stuff all the time. That part of Utah is great plus there is access to tons of great national parks. I just don't really like the people and their lifestyles here. It's not so bad here where I live now since I am closer to the city but in the burbs I've been treated differently because me and my family aren't mormon which is crap.

6. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    Surly there is not just Mormons, what about the Local Indian community or the urban areas?

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    im told SLC is Not Entirely **** but other than that its all supposedly ****. i cant comment tho ive taken the wise tack of going to the national parks and driving right on past all the population centers when in utah

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Can anyone explain what the original point of the Dakotas was, anyway? I have to imagine that rationale long since expired.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I live no where close to the reservation so I can't really say. We're not miserable or anything like that we do have a couple friends here but the religion thing seems to have more weight than you realize. If I knew what I do now I probably wouldn't have accepted the promotion here and stayed in Colorado.

10. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    I might lack context, I live in Nassau County a half hour away from Jamica Queens. Religion is for most a private affair, has very little social wait in the circles i run in.

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    dude you couldnt find one person who had spent significant time in utah to consult with? in neighboring colorado? because any non/ex-mormon from utah that ive talked to has told the same story you've told, in painful detail

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    My son has not been invited to birthday parties or let into play groups because we aren't mormon. It's sad but we just moved on and found people who didn't care.

Sorry to derail and get all preachy.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Zion and Bryce are ****ing awesome. They make Utah worthwhile.

Darth McClain and Rogue_Ten like this.
  14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Religion is not a private affair in Utah.

Like I said, Utah does have beautiful scenery going for it. It's a nice place, as long as you don't stop and talk to anybody.

Happy to live in Colorado... love it here.

15. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    It's quite beautiful once you get away from Salt Lake City and the mormons.
    [​IMG]

16. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    my least favorite state is sabahina because it is so underwater. it is difficult to live underwater in the long-term. nice place to visit though, to be sure.

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    its hardly a derail to talk about why utah is terrible in a thread about terrible states

18. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    Civilian or Military?

Boulder? Colorodospings? I did time in the Coast Gaurd, Met a few airforce folk, never been to the Inland States.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Easy there, personal information, guy.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  20. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    Apologies I can be...overly curious at times.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    sober.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Rox why would you move from CO to Utah? It's got all Utah's prettiness but is much more balanced and diverse.

23. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Of the 37 states I've visited, I'd say that the least interesting was Indiana. I'm definitely attracted to natural scenery and Indiana is a bit lacking in that regard.

I've never been to North Dakota, but I don't get the hate for South Dakota. Great Plains, Badlands, Black Hills... it's a pretty cool place.

24. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I really didn't like my trips to North Carolina. OTOH, South Carolina could be worse, but it's been years since I've been there.

Otherwise, I might have to go with my birth state of Oklahoma. Outside of OKC and Stillwater, I find very little redeeming about it.

I think KC is the only good part of it. Well, that and a few tall, cool rocks.

Doesn't the president like Illinois?

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Oklahoma sucks. It just...sucks.

rumsmuggler likes this.