main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if Ahsoka became a rogue Jedi character, atleast for a while? Cool idea KSky! What if Ahsoka became something like a Jedi who deserts the republic and starts opposing both sides. She is powerful and lethal. I again take note of the Sentai look of the publicity shot for Young Jedi. Could be interesting considering how she was questioning things at the end of Onderon. Hell, what if somehow she started buying into the Seperatists and switched sides. Man that'd piss Anakin off and he'd soon forget about her. She would be something of a chaotic good villain. Its hard to believe Ahsoka would actually get framed for anything or have any reason to become a fugitive.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    One word: Palpatine. ;) Going rogue would certainly make the council think twice about promoting Anakin to a master and could also explain why he doesn't (want to) talk about her in ROTS.

Heck, if the younglings from YJ are killed later in the season while in her charge or someone kills Lux, I could definitely see her losing it.

rumblewagon and Seerow like this.
  3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I could see her losing it over the kiddies. Lux not so much. I think its quite possible we'll see major fall out with Anakin from this. I think one of the easiest ways to explain away why Ashoka isn't mentioned in ROTS is to say she pissed Anakin off (or hurt him) so bad he does care about her at all.

rumblewagon and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  4. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Very true. If he cared and she died before shortly before ROTS, I think Anakin's behavior at the beginning of the movie would have been OOC. A pissed Anakin would be the best way to explain it, followed by her being out on a simple mission and he has no reason to worry or think about her.

rumblewagon likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I question if Anakin would be more of a wreck by ROTS if Ahsoka died this close to it or if it would drive him harder to save Padme. I used to think a great way to write Ahsoka off would be to have the two of them come to a clash, maybe Ahsoka even throws Anakin under the space bus for something causing Anakin to completely just not give a damn about her anymore. Being off somewhere else on a simple mission where Anakin has no reason to worry about her while dealing with all the stuff that happens in the movie is another easy explanation. That may be a little too any climatic.

6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think that if she dies mid ROTS that it would push Anakin to save Padme. While her being off doing other things at the time might be anti-climatic, that could lead to a climatic pre or post suit Vader encounter, which I think would be even more dramatic/heartbreaking if he did still care about her prior to order 66. If she decides she won't fight and he runs her through they could show Vader/Anakin having a remorseful "What have I done?" moment and she forgives him but begs him to let go of his hate before she dies. That could even be one of the many things going through Vader's head in ROTJ when redeems himself and he saves Luke.

But I'm probably just over thinking this. :p

If they have a falling out, she could catch Anakin kissing Padme or something like that.

Seerow likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Over-interpret to your heart's content, its a SW tradition.", the wise man said. ^_^

I think Ahsoka dying anywhere close to ROTS would just be to much for Anakin to handle. He'd either be more depressed or even more frantic in ROTS. I would like it best if Ahsoka was not anywhere near the main story of ROTS and one way or the other off doing her own thing. Lets see a different and broader story, Vader persuing and killing Ahsoka if she survives Order 66 (Remember my Wolffe theory? I'm sticking with it, LOL) would be inevitable after that.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If Ahsoka dies in Season Finale, it'll take Anakin one step closer to the Dark Side, with Padme finishing the turn in ROTS

9. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    I know i already said this in another thread but Ashoka is smokin hot !!! [face_cowboy] =P~

10. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

11. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Is this supposed to be a weird version of a REALLY weird Ashoka lookalike or is this how you're feeling. Im feeling inquisitive.....

and dumb.

12. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    I think Ahsoka being upset with Anakin is more likely than Anakin being upset with Ahsoka.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm kind of disappointed. TCW used Ahsoka in what I felt were really awkward ways in S1 and S2 with no attempt at explanation, namely all the random team-ups. I mean, did Anakin have random missions with other Jedi Masters when he was a Padawan? S3 and S4 cooled down with it which in hindsight I did not appreciate enough. It didn't bother me severely because the arc is the best of the season so far IMO, but I'm disappointed in them going back to that in the Young Jedi arc. It just seems really bizarre to me that she would be selected to do that. And what is Anakin doing that whole time? Odd.

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Who knows if Anakin was mentored by other Jedi Masters between Obi taking him as a padawan and AotC. I'm not familiar with much of the EU stuff. But it was 10 years of training.

Anyhow, regarding Ahsoka, the Jedi may be very low on personnel and resources that would allow them to have a Jedi Master/Knight accompany younglings to get lightsaber crystals. And being that Ahsoka has been trained by the greatest of all Jedi, Anakin, perhaps they had confidence in her abilities and that she could relate well to the younglings - having been a youngling herself not too long ago. However, I still cannot figure out (beyond plot convenience) why a ship w/youngling and lightsaber crystals is just floating through space with a padawan and ancient droid as the only supervision - especially when Yoda himself was sitting around and pontificating on Ilum!!! Where did he go that was more important?!?!

15. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The rule of three:

1. Shmi
    2. Ahsoka
    3. Padmé

Seems legit.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    No one on the Council actually holds this opinion, not even close.

I don't know where Yoda went, but I just figured the ship was on its way to the next hyperspace jump. Didn't bother me.

Esg likes this.
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Anakin is certainly far from the greatest of all Jedi. He may have a natural ability to manipulate the Force, but that doesn't mean doing so with Jedi philosophy in mind. All the Skywalker/Kenobi banter in Ep. II makes that pretty clear.

I didn't think the Yoda thing was an issue. There could multiple groups of younglings going for their crystals, so he's just there for awhile meeting the different groups as they come through. Ahsoka being randomly by herself in charge of a mission is a much worse problem IMO.

Seerow likes this.
  18. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    If Obi-Wan and/or Yoda believe Anakin to be the Chosen One, then yes, there are those on the Council who consider Anakin to be the greatest of all Jedi:
    "Fully defeated by just anyone, the dark side cannot be, but only by the Chosen One. And who might be this Jedi? Know I do not, but not yet born is he or she. This much, sense I can. A vessel of pure Force the Chosen One will be, more powerful than any Jedi in history."
    Yoda, from the Great Holocron

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Powerful Jedi" does not equal "great Jedi." Many powerful people are not great.

Esg and Valairy Scot like this.
  20. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, then Ahsoka is being trained by the "most powerful" Jedi in history. Point being that the Jedi may have more confidence in her abilities than - let's say - if she was not being trained by the "most powerful" Jedi in history.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Whether or not Anakin is the Chosen One is still a matter of debate for the Jedi Council in Ep. III, in which, to boot, Yoda says the prophecy could have been misread. So I think that is some spurious logic in terms of proving Anakin to be the greatest of all Jedi.

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't even think Yoda thinks of Anakin as the most powerful Jedi in history.

You're using a speculative quote from Yoda on the Chosen One as your argument?

I'm assuming that Anakin hadn't even born at the moment of this quote, perhaps Anakin didn't quite live up to what Yoda was expecting. On top of that Yoda speculates that the Chosen One will be a vessel of pure Force, more powerful than any Jedi in history, not that he would be the most powerful Jedi on arrival or during the Clone Wars. Add to that what Tarkas mentioned.

They know Anakin isn't the most powerful Jedi in history, demonstrated by his loss to Dooku in AOTC and his capture at the hands of Dooku in "Shadow Warrior".

Seeing how critical just about all Jedi have been of Anakin, your argument that Ahsoka having Anakin as a master somehow boosts the Council's confidence in her doesn't really make sense, I'd argue the opposite. After all, wasn't Ahsoka assigned to Anakin to teach him a lesson?

Valairy Scot likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ahsoka's reputation is probably built from her own accomplishments. She is trusted enough to babysit younglings and rebels. Like Anakin she is a powerful Jedi, absolutely lethal but over the last two arcs any resemblance to her master has gotten harder to see. Ahsoka seem so grown up, wise, and near lacking in personality in Young Jedi. Nothing seems to bother or phase her compared to even Obi-wan. She got over her personal attachments of Onderon. I miss her snarky personality even from just a season ago. I really hope TCW throws a big curve ball toward her. I've along thought it would be good for TCW to separate her from Anakin and just start tagging along a bunch of cool OCs but her as a lead could be a show killer.

Its all the more reason I'm looking forward to seeing Anakin and Obi-wan back in lead roles soon.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't see any reason why the Council has such confidence in Ahsoka other than Filoni wants it that way. She could be a very mature, responsible 17-year-old girl, but she's still a Padawan. Nothing in the films suggests that the Jedi disrupted their hierarchy to allow teenage Padawans to do Yoda's job, no matter how good they were--in fact, I got the impression that they were all expected to be as good as Ahsoka is portrayed here. Not that they were punished if they didn't live up to that standard, but I do get the impression that the standard is set pretty high. Jedi Padawans are expected to be more mature and responsible than the average teenager, and with good reason, but that doesn't translate to giving a teenage Padawan the job that we see Mace and Yoda doing in the PT.

And nothing bothering her even compared to Obi-Wan--I don't even know what to say on that, other than the inconsistency with the first two seasons is ridiculous. And her handling her attachments better than Anakin handles his, is beyond ridiculous.

I really miss feisty, smartass, back-talking Snips.

25. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    [​IMG]