main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC itt we discuss the merits of green peppers

Discussion in 'Community' started by hudzu, Dec 4, 2012.

1. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    hello. my name is master jacen. some of you may know me from that time i posted here. i come here today to talk with you about a subject very close to my heart.

green peppers.

yes, those bulbous green seedy things. not hot in any sense of the word. just green. and peppery.

some people find them delicious. some people find them despicable. some people like them cooked. some like them raw. some like them stuffed.

me, i prefer them raw. when you cook them they get all limp and get like this really tart gross flavor to them and it just ruins everything.

so tell me. what do you think of green peppers?

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I think it's okay to saute them and put them in your eggs. They remain crunchy like that. They're not bad on pizza either. I don't know.

3. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I used to hate them but then I trained myself to like them and now sometimes I just go to the grocery store and buy a whole one and eat it all as a snack.

4. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    thats pretty gross, dude

JoinTheSchwarz and jp-30 like this.
  5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I love green peppers.

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Green peppers are awesome as a garnish. But cooked onto pizza? No freaking way. I also enjoy stuffed green peppers, filling them with a mix of ground beef, sausage, rice and tomato sauce.

8. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    I thought this would be a judgment free thread and i'm disappointed that you asked for my opinion and i was trusting enough to give it to you

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    They're awesome on a steak hoagie with onions and mushrooms. Stuffed peppers get honorable mention.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They are meritless and everyone who eats them is a terrible person.

Except Dani. She gets an exemption.

11. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    What about the Red and Yellow peppers?

12. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    well. they're not apples. so you should probably rethink a few things in your life.

its funny you say that because i was eating a steak hoagie that i made (no mushrooms because mushrooms are gross) and i was all thinking to myself "man i really shouldn't have grilled these peppers!" and so i made this thread.

the hoagie was pretty good, despite the peppers

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    that "mushrooms are gross" statement kind of invalidates all of your other opinions. i can never trust you again.

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    In Australia, we call them capsicum, for we are often too drunk to function. . In the UK, they are known as sweet peppers. Verily, doth Jesus work in mysterious ways.

Master Jacen, or Maestro Jacen as I prefer to think of you, you are right about the cooked ones and they are disgusting. Also, these are indeed, not apples.

jp-30 likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Jaypes, I understand that in the land of people who lost to England in the rugby (don't worry, we know how it feels :() you also call them "capsicums" and thanks to Steinlager, Monteith's and excellent wines, you are also too drunk to make a useful contribution to the naming of certain peppers?

jp-30 likes this.
  16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Capsicums brushed in olive oil and slowly grilled (or broiled as you ferners say) then left to cool make them delicious. The red, orange and yellow are better than green for this though, I admit.

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    In my opinion, naming a vegetable after its latin name is a much more useful contribution than calling a green, red, yellow, orange, or bell pepper.

18. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    well. not all mushrooms are gross.

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Raw green pepper are tasty, cooked they get all bittery and yucky. Unlike the red/yellow/orange variety that as tasty raw or cooked.

And ALL mushrooms are better than peppers.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    This thread is a graveyard of trust.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    True, but English isn't the first language of the US so you mustn't be too harsh.

Have you seen our draw for RWC 2015? Wow.

22. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I smoked a green pepper once. I woke up in a cactus patch and decided I would never hang out with Bette Midler groupies ever again.

23. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Peppers, of all colours, have grown on me over the past few years.
    Couldn't stand the taste before.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  25. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    I mean I don't bite into it like an apple! I seed it and then cut it up into slices and then eat those.