main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rick McCallum

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SaberJedi2, Nov 8, 2012.

1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Seems Rick is going in a bold direction.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In other words he was involved in all the bad stuff Lucas has done. He will not be missed.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  3. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Amen, brother!

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Male hate-bonding - Ain't it beautiful?

"Come with me"
    /LM

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009

Actually, it's pretty repulsive and indulgent. It's a lot like watching Mr. Creosote helping himself to yet another serving of offal. Makes you wish you had a mint.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh, dear. I stepped in Monsieur's bucket.

LawJedi likes this.
  7. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    It is only WAFER-thin!

8. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Are you guys male bonding with those jabs at the male bonding, or no?

Food for thought. And don't skimp on the pate.....

LawJedi likes this.
  9. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Don't look at me. They're the ones quoting and liking.
    And for the record, I don't hate.

"I love you!"
    /LM

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Hey, you ask a question, you get a (pithy) answer. Male hate bonding is gross. But then again, I hear some people are actually really into Reddit, so what do I know.

11. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I liked Rick. He was really approachable to fans. I wish him well...

12. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I liked him too. Especially in all his interviews before 1999. Man, I remember reading a SW INSIDER interview (I think it was the one about the archeologist making a trip back to Tatooine/Tunisia) where Rick described to us how we would feel when Anakin would turn to the dark side. Dark stuff. The moment would be unbearable to watch. At that time, I thought that we would get the trilogy that we wanted all our life. The Rise and Fall from the grace of Anakin Skywalker.

Back then, I knew that the prequels would not be like the Godfather. But McCallum was good at bulding up my apetite for the prequels. However, it derailed a bit after 1999.

It's ironic that throughout all those years McCallum and Lucas told us "We started by the middle trilogy because it's the fun one, the one about escapism and the one easier to produce. The first three are darker, more mature, about treachery and you will never know who the good guys and bad guys are"

The prequels ended up being more childish as a whole, even though ROTS is the most intense movie of the saga.

I think that Lucas, all those years, had an idea for the prequels and it was ROTS. TPM and AOTC were an afterthought (culled from earlier ideas, I'm sure, but I think that Lucas knew from the first to the last frame what ROTS would look like). That's why McCallum's interviews where so interesting in the early days.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Poor Rick. I wish him well in his future choices. I wasn't really a fan of Red Tails even though it had some wowser aerial-fighting.

14. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I'll miss Rick. I loved The Young Indy series and the prequels work for me. My initial take was that they seemed more like the old 40s serials GL was aping, bright shiny universe and all that. My personal film order is 5,4,3,6,2,1, although 3 and 6 flip depending on my mood. Everyone has their personal fave and theres nothing wrong with that. I just hope the ST gives us more arguments like this, cos that means we've had between one or three good films that at least some of us think live with the previous films.