main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation New Jedi Counsel in Episodes VII-IX with Force Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Dec 5, 2012.

1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    An interesting thought. Do you think, if peace has been restored to the galaxy and the Jedi are back "in power" with the Republic - do you think we will get a new Jedi Counsel?

I would imagine if we did get a new JC, this is where we will see Luke and Mark Hamill reprise his role. But, this brings up the question - would Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin come back and be on the Counsel as force ghosts?

Or would we get a whole new JC with new characters?

-C

2. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    We might not get a Jedi Council at all.

I doubt the "force ghosts" would make up the Jedi council. We have never seen a force ghost with the ability to "exists" in the world for signifcant amount of time. The longest was Obi-wan on degobah but we only there for a couple minutes.

3. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    If we get a Council it should have characters we haven't seen in the movies.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I can imagine Luke asking Leia about parliamentary procedure and the role of force ghosts on the Jedi Council.

Luke: Hey Leia, Do Force Ghosts count for purposes a reaching a Quorum?

Leia: Not covered by Robert's Rules but probably not if you are the only one to see them.

Yeah, I know I write dialog as well as Lucas did for the PT.

5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I thought that the force ghosts could only bee seen by Luke. It would be kind of funny if Luke needs to address the Council of Jedi Force Ghosts on the big issues. Only he can see or talk to them. That probably wouldn't go over too well with the populace once the rumors got out.

6. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    If the Republic is re-built, dont you think they would re-instate the Jedi? Especially if Leah or some Jedi-Friendly ruler (Ackbar?) is in charge?

-C

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, yeah, obviously.

I don't think we'll see a duplicated Prequel Jedi Order in the sequels, though-just Luke's training in the OT alone is radically different from the Apprenticeship Obi-Wan and Anakin underwent, the drastically reduced time being the major feature.

LawJedi likes this.
  8. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Still had to face two Sith Lord's one being his father and dealt with it. Murdered, step parents to boot. Probably had more squeezed into a short apprenticeship than most Jedi faced in a life time! The Jedi needed an overall anyway, they were out of touch and arrogant!

9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, I'm hoping for basic detective skills, like figuring out who benefited most from surprise elections for the Chancellor due to illogical planetary blockades, being there :p

10. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Perhaps. Or they could be like..."You know what....we've got this. Thanks, but no thanks. You Jedi guys kinda blew it big time on that whole ordering the clones biz. In fact, this whole mess started because your order was too cozy with the Government. We definitely don't need another one of you guys getting a little bit angry and becoming all Darth Vader on us again. Mind if we try this without you guys for once? We'll call it a trial run. No offense. You're still invited to the Christmas Party."

Or Luke might not want there to even be a council. He might refuse.

Or..who's to say it's the governments job to 're-instate' the Jedi. Shouldn't that be, like, the Force's job.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  11. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not sure if its deliberate or not, but the relative disconnect between Luke's Jedi activities and Luke's Rebellion activities stand out in pretty stark contrast to the heavily involved prequel Jedi. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a decentralized Order that maybe operates in small groups in the sequels.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  12. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Exactly. He doesn't go bossing people around. In RotJ, he doesn't land on the ship, tell the Rebels who are planning everything out...Hey guys, I'm going after two Sith Lords here. Stand back, this is Jedi business." Nope. He takes somewhat a backseat to the leadership. He volunteers to the cause and has his own agenda, but clearly he's not telling the Rebel forces what to do.

DarthBoba likes this.
  13. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

I dont think Luke had any official power within the Rebellion to be like, Yo, Im like a Jedi - we ran the show before in the Republic, so I'm taking over the Rebellion.

Plus, I dont think Luke would want to lead the Rebellion against the Empire, but I think Luke would be on the counsel within the Republic to keep the peace....

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually everyone on the council is now a force ghost except for Luke, but it turns out he has been dead the whole time. Chewie was the only person who could see him. WHAT A TWIST

Count Yubnub and clone3131 like this.
  15. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I thought the same thing. It seems that one of the lessons of the PT is the old phrase "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." So maybe the Jedi Order in the ST is like a community church - might be associated with a national organization, but there's no direct chain of command.

DarthBoba likes this.
  16. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I like some of the EU Jedi. But the problem with that is the EU relies on Jedi being White Males, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, and Corran Horn... The wonderful thing about the PT council was it's diversity. I could see them include a Mon Cal, maybe one of the the three white males, either Kyp or Corran (Kyle can always appear in a random scene as a random guy with a beard). Aside from that I would LOVE to see new characters sit on the council.

This would cause the EU to have to bend outside of it's comfort zone, having to retcon this characters into important moments, not to mention, clearing out random characters like Kam and Tionne, who have been barely hanging on for a while now in the EU novels.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope the council room is in a different setting than it was in the PT.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Well if we are going EU, it seems like the Jedi are trying to move away from Coruscant... again. Maybe back to Yavin IV, for OT fans, or Ossus. Tython for TOR fans?

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I mean, think about it, OT purists and EU haters, would be floored to see the Massassi Temple again, that the sting of EU characters in the film wouldnt hurt as much.

20. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Tython would be sweet. Also, would help set up the TOR series should they do one.

"Master Skywalker, why did you select Tython as home for the New Jedi Order?"

"Because Tython was once the home to the old Jedi Order . . . ."

You know that sort of thing.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It seems that when not on Coruscant, the Jedi tend to move toward lush green planets, Tython, Reformed Ossus, and Yavin IV. I think the symbolism of the Jedi being on a verdant green planet shows a connection to life not structure.

22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I thought Tython was in the Deep Core, which was dangerous to reach?

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It is i think, and I think is was re-forgotten. Ossus or Yavin IV seems to be the best homebase for the Jedi for the ST

24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want to see Force Ghost on the Council, it just seems...weird.

I'd like to see a mix off original characters and EU characters on the Council.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    We need to get rid of alot of the white males of the EU council.

Here is who I would like to keep from the EU
    1. Clighal
    2. Saba Sebatyne
    3. Octa Ramis (retcon her to Adi Gallia's species)
    4. Corran Horn
    5. Kyle Katarn
    6 Lowie

Kyp might have to bite the bullet
    Kam and Tionne can retire, maybe Tionne can get a Jocasta Nu moment somewhere.
    Brakktyl can die.
    Jaina gets Master rank but not council seat

So after you add in Luke, you can place in other species, Ithorian, Nautolan, Twi Lek, ect...
    I still maintain to make TCW fans happy have a Togruta female on the council as Master Tano. Perhaps getting the Windu seat