main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Oh, I like her. I'll have to see about Clara, but boy do I like her.

MrZAP likes this.
  3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    A friend made this for the top of my tree!

[​IMG]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    She doesn't look scary enough...

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    It's Christmas, not Halloween!

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So I finished series 4 last night, and one of my roommates has seen scattered episodes here and there. She says she really likes what she's seen of the show. I told her she should consider watching all of S5 with me. I feel like if she sees The Eleventh Hour, she'll want to see the rest of it. I feel like it's easier to start people there anyhow, as the show is much slicker and more consistent. She really loves Tennant, so maybe then she'd be willing to go back and brook some of the cheese for his sake :p

7. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Yeah we're at the point in Moffat's tenure where a Doctor Who virgin could watch 5, 6 and 7 before doubling back to Eccleston and Tennant if they liked what they saw (and how could they not? :p ). Boy... Ten feels like such a long time ago now.

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    3 years since Tennant left...

Random Comments likes this.
  9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    He doesn't to me, but that's probably because literally every time I see an awesome Smith episode, I think to myself "man, I miss Tennant" then go watch some of his eps :p

But yeah, that's basically what Evan did. I had showed him a bit of Tennant, but also started at Eleventh Hour and then I believe he watched all of Eleven (S5 and S6 at the time) before going back to S1.

11. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I still say just force them to watch S1 onwards and be done with it. And if they don't like the bad episodes sit with them and make sure they watch them to, for their own sake. But I'm a completionist.;)

Every time I see Jenna-Louise Coleman talk I think she's amazing and can't wait to see more of her, but I also can't help but think "She is way too thin. Eat something!":p

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If I had started with season 1, I would have given up on it despite Nine's awesomeness. If I had started with season 2-4, I would have been too confused. So I favor the convoluted 5 (I was shown the S4 library arc so I'd know who River Song was but I'm not sure that's 100% critical), 6, 7.0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    MrZAP I actually thought Karen was thinner, but YMMV.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I watched Gone in 60 Seconds about a month ago, and I had no idea that Eccleston was the bad guy until he appeared onscreen! Holy moly.
    Sorry as you were.

15. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    To be fair I liked most episodes the first time round and only started disliking them on repeat viewings, so I didn't have issues in the beginning. But either way I generally know if I'm going to like a show or film or book or comic or whatever before I start on it based on what I already know about it and my tastes, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and go all the way through even if there are some rough patches. And I HATE stopping things in the middle. AI almost never do that for anything.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I had the same experience as ZAP actually. I watched from the beginning on my own, and I enjoyed it right off the bat. I didn't really care about the cheesiness. And I liked Eccleston. The thing is, once I'd seen Tennant and Smith, those S1 episodes looked much rougher. Not just effects wise, the tone and everything as well. Though I found that just removing the Slitheen episodes on this viewing helped immensely.

But yeah, I showed Evan the Library episodes and then started him on S5 and sent him on his way :p Like he said, it would probably be way too confusing to start with S2 because there's already so much history of adventures the Doctor and Rose have been on that are referenced. Now, I definitely think at this stage Moffat's made a bit too much of a clean break (we only just even got UNIT back this series!), but hopefully with the 50th coming up that'll change.

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Pretty much finished :)

Random Comments and Juliet316 like this.
  18. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So I believe The Snowmen will be airing in the UK at 5:15pm. Seems a little early perhaps? I know there is not usually a set time for these things. But doesn't the show usually air some time from 6-7pm?

The episode will be airing at 7:30pm on Boxing Day here in Australia.

I find it odd that two of the last five days on the BBC/DW advent calender is taken up by Moffat talking about Dalek stories from the classic series. Are they really that stretched for content relevant to the new episode that they create a tenuous link all because of Soufflé Girl.

19. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    That's very early for the Christmas special, but the entirety of season 5 did air in that time slot.

20. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Lots of people are speculating like crazy on what the connection is between Oswin and Clara, but I was thinking.....what if there is no link between them, other than the fact they're both portrayed by the same actress? I wouldn't really like it if this was the case, but I can't stop thinking about it....

P.S: I must say, I reckon Jenna Louise-Coleman looks very striking and gorgeous in her Victorian clothes.

21. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    From the new Christmas Special photos on Facebook:

[​IMG]

Madame Vastra has human hands! 8-} Seriously, no one from the make-up department noticed this?

MrZAP, PirateofRohan and Chewgumma like this.
  22. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Erm... wow. Just... wow. I can't even think of a defensive fanboy-style explanation for this.[face_dunno]It may be a small gag within the episode itself, and given that Vastra goes undercover as a human she wouldn't want to be given away by scaly lizard hands. But surely the more logical counter to hands that are green is to wear a set of gloves instead of human skin? Or get your lover/maid to run your errands for you instead? At the moment it just seems that they ran out of green paint.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe it was taken while they were setting up a scene and she had the gloves off?

24. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Yes, that would be my guess too. I seriously doubt the production team would forget something as noticeable as that.

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Yeah it feels like they're ****ing with us. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.