main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Skywalker Saga continued?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 1, 2012.

1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I could Imagine Ben being the main focus with Jacen, Jaina and Anakin taking on supporting roles but it's hard to imagine what the hero's journey would be like for him?

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would say have a Skywalker who is a Dark Jedi. It would be somewhat cool if the franchise had one. Or not? Is that just strictly an EU thing?

3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I like how Luke and Leia continue on in their own ways, the failed work of the parents respectively. Anakin and Padme essentially died at the same time, and both of their good works were cut short. In the OT we pick up with them serving in the same way, with the OT following Luke's journey a bit more closely. Perhaps in the ST we learn exactly what that other hope meant to Yoda. Obviously it means Leia, but perhaps the ST will deal with that.

Mata2010 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It would actually be pretty interesting if a movie was made, not necessarily part of the ST, that focuses on Leia's first years in the rebellion.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    The phrase "what you have learned" is incredibly important here - is it logical, or even plausible, that Yoda or Ben ever said "Oh yeah, Jedi don't get married?" Here was their last hope, they didn't have time to be getting into the rules minutiae - they had to train him, and fast. Add to that that the last Skywalker they trained (and told not to get married) went a little psycho after that rule, and it's probable that even if Luke knows Jedi didn't marry, it's an outdated idea. The Jedi don't have to be "old" or "new," I think it's much more logical if they're somewhere in between.

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

I don't know if it's wrong...I mean Leia as a full-fledged Jedi would be awesome...but I just don't see her as a Jedi in the movie universe. I'd almost rather that she wasn't really trained by Luke. Not to the extant of becoming a jedi master or anything. That the whole pass on what you have learned just refers to rebuild the Jedi order based on everything he's learned. Leia is a part of the equation...but in a different role.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Easy there bub - I loathe much to most of the EU, but tell me I'm not a Star Wars fan and you and I are going to have words. Just because I'm an English teacher who can't stand published fan fiction doesn't mean I can't appreciate the real thing.

Also, no. I have never wondered how Wedge's daughter grew up to be a fighter pilot, or that Chewie's nephew was a Jedi. Never.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I would rather have a Leia who is somewhat force sensitive than a full fledged Jedi Knight.

9. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    The "rules" of the Jedi will have changed by the time Luke re-builds the Jedi Order. I would think that is based on what he learned about his father's fall to the dark side. Maybe love is now granted and encouraged so Luke eventually does settle down and have a child with his wife - whomever that may be.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I was gonna say get rid of the "no attachments" rule.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Or as part of the TV series.

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    they would have to recast those parts anyway considering the time frame.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I really hope that Luke's Jedi Order is different from the PT. The PT Jedi were too stiff, formal, detached, BORING! I liked Qui-gon, that's it. Let jedi marry and have homes. Don't put the temple on Coruscant. Keep Jedi out of politics. Stuff like that.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I think I liked Qui-Gon because he didn't follow the code. I could've seen Qui-Gon staying on Tattooine and hooking up with Shmi. :)

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    In the vein of Game of Thrones minus the incest and horrific violence.
    I love Game of Thrones by the way. That was not a diss.

16. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Whoa, you hang on there bub. I've spent a lot of time over the last 15 years reading and learning about an ever expanding group of characters and emotional story arcs. I'm not about to throw that all out the window because a giant multiple billion dollar empire run by a mouse wants to sell a few toys and keep the old gang together. Continuity is the only thing that keeps the world going and stable. And I swear, if they do a time travel reboot akin to star trek I will vomit in my mouth and all over the person sitting next to me in the theatre.

P.S. chewie's dead

17. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    We don't know what might have happened off camera during that sandstorm in TPM.

18. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    You know, I never liked the Solo Twins idea. Twins have been done with Luke and Leia. Original ideas please...

19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Well, seeing as your type will be in the vast minority of movie-goers, say bye-bye to your continuity. Chewie will most certainly not die, and I will feast on your tears.

They are delicious.

kainee and Pfluegermeister like this.
  20. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Episode II took place ten years after Episode I. Is it not conceivable that Episode VIII could possibly take place 15-20 years after Episode VII?

This scenario allows Luke to meet a wife and have a child in Episode VII. By Episode VIII, the child will be teenaged or young adult.

Hamill could play a 50 year-old and a 65-70 year-old. I think Han probably wouldn't make it to Episode VIII however.

21. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't like the idea of a long lost Skywalker who has a distant relation to Shmi. It's sorta like introducing a character in the last couple chapters of a murder story and making him the killer.

22. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    One last point before I go to bed...

Remember in Godfather III (not my favorite movie) when Michael appoints Vincent as head of the family? Michael renamed him Vincent Corleone.

Perhaps if Luke trains Han's and Leia's child, he would do the same?

It's a reach... :)

23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Guys, please try to be nice to each other. Pretty please?

24. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

Nov 5, 2012

25. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

Nov 5, 2012
    You don't say that! No one makes me cry my own tears except me!